Skip to main content

Easy Double-sided Glass Panel Pressed Flower Design

Learn how to make a beautiful double-sided glass panel with a pressed flower design with this easy and creative craft tutorial. It's perfect for adding a unique touch to your home decor or as a personalized gift. 

In this quick DIY project, I'll show you how to create a pressed flower design using a frame decor with panels, which I purchased from my local Target for $3. Initially, I wasn't sure what to do with them, but I had a few ideas, and this is what I came up with. The project typically takes around 10 minutes to assemble.

Double-sided panel pressed flower design



Check out the video tutorial



Frame decor with paper flowers, Mod Podge, and paintbrush on a table

Materials

  • Papercraft faux flower embellishments, or you can use real dried flowers
  • One frame decor with two plastic or glass panels
  • Paintbrush
  • Acrylic paint
  • Mod Podge- I'm using the Super Gloss finish

Applying paint to the frame

Paintbrush, frame décor, and paint on table

Begin by removing the panels from your frame. Once you have removed the glass/plastic panels, set them aside. Take your paintbrush and apply paint to your frame. I painted two coats of paint on my frame.

Red painted frame décor

Adding Mod Podge to paper flowers and panels

Paper flowers on plastic panel with Mod Podge

Next, take your flower embellishments and add them to one of your panels. Once you have placed your embellishments, use your paintbrush to begin to apply a layer of Mod Podge to each of them. I decided to add some paper flowers and leaves as well. Allow your Mod Podge to completely dry before adding your second panel on top.

Completed painted frame décor with flowers between two plastic panels

Your framed pressed flower design is complete. Wasn't that simple to create? When placed in a window, the Mod Podge gives the panels a nice shine. I love how simple this was to put together. I hope you enjoyed this craft just as much as I did. 

Frame décor on display

You may also enjoy
DIY Spring Mini Wood Riser

Pin Share Save

Picture of completed frame décor and title for pinning on Pinterest



Comments

  1. This is brilliant!!! I loved your video. I've got to try this. Pinned 📌.
    Thank you bunches for sharing this tutorial with Sweet Tea & Friends this month dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, thank you. 😊 I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the video as well.

      Delete
  2. Where did you get the frame with double glass/ plastic? Also where did you get the paper flowers? I was out shopping today and couldn't find either. I've got to tell you I fell in love with this Steph.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paula, I purchased my double glass panel frame at Target. It was $3 in the Dollar section. I'm not sure if they have them anymore, but I will share a link here from Amazon that I was able to find.

      Also, there is another way to create this. You can easily grab two frames for Dollar Tree, and take the plastic or glass inserts out.

      Do the same steps as shown in the video, but the only thing that would change is the frame. For the frame, you could easily use wooden craft sticks and create a framed border around the two glass inserts. I will provide the link here below to a wooden frame with the panels.

      https://www.amazon.com/LONGWIN-Picture-Acrylic-Specimen-Decoration/dp/B07XG5QQ3Y/ref=pd_ybh_a_sccl_1/145-7643701-1051348?pd_rd_w=PtIQz&content-id=amzn1.sym.67f8cf21-ade4-4299-b433-69e404eeecf1&pf_rd_p=67f8cf21-ade4-4299-b433-69e404eeecf1&pf_rd_r=R5KYZ3K6GKHXGMHKH2FB&pd_rd_wg=AkcQV&pd_rd_r=4f31e8d4-05cd-4c80-9f07-e41df0565fd6&pd_rd_i=B07XG5QQ3Y&th=1

      Delete
  3. Wow, this is so cute! Do you think it would work with real flowers, dried and glued?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, it would for sure work with real flowers. You could just add the real flowers between the panels without any glue as well.

      Delete
  4. That is so pretty! I love how simple and beautiful it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, thank you so much. I really appreciate that. 😊

      Delete
    2. I'm happy to tell you I'll be featuring this at Thursday Favorite Things today, starting at 10:00 a.m. CST. :)

      Delete
    3. Pam, thank you! I'll be sure to come by.

      Delete
  5. That turned out so pretty, love it! Thanks so much for linking up at #IMadeItMondayLinkParty 19. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cool craft, Stephanie!! The flowers look so pretty pressed in between the panes!! This could easily be done for all of the seasons using other natural elements such as leaves or pine tree branches. Thanks so much for sharing at Home Imagined today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all of these great ideas. Thank you so much. Yes, someone else has also mentioned using fall leaves. I think that would be so pretty. I love the pine tree branch idea as well.

      Delete
  7. What a lovely project, Stephanie! And perfect for any season! You could use fall leaves for the upcoming Autumn! We'd love to have you share this via linking up at Tuesday Turn About (at My Wee Abode). Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, thank you so much. I appreciate it. I love the fall leaf idea as well. That would be perfect!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for sharing at Tuesday Turn About! Pinned, and I'm so happy to be featuring your post at this week's party!

      Delete
    3. Julie, thank you! I'm happy to hear that I will be added to the list of features. :)

      Delete
  8. I love this project because you can make a floral arrangement to reflect any season. Thanks for the video and great step by step instructions. Thank you for linking up with Home Imagined!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so happy you enjoyed this project.

      Delete
  9. Love your idea - thanks for your blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty and so simple too, I love it. Thank you for sharing with us at Handmade Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, thank you so much. 😊 It's always a pleasure sharing with all of you.

      Delete
  11. This is so pretty, and such a fun idea! Thank you for visiting Tell It To Me Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stephanie, CONGRATS! Your post is FEATURED at #IMadeItMondayLinkParty 20.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So, so pretty. I really love how simple it is, yet so lovely. Thanks for sharing this post at the Will Blog for Comments #25 linkup. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now I know how to make these adorable double sided glass panels. It's not as complicated as I thought. Thank you! I read this post at the Will Blog for Comments #25 linkup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, you're very welcome. Yes, you should give it a try. I think you will enjoy creating your very own. Thank you for visiting.

      Delete
  15. Stopping by again with a congratulations! This post was one of the most-visited at the Will Blog for Comments #25 linkup and will be featured in the spotlight all next week, starting today. You're welcome to copy the "This Blog Post Was a Featured Favorite" image there to share with your readers here, if you like. Thank you for sharing your post! Hope to see you next week, too--linkup #26 opens Monday morning. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, thank you so much. I appreciate the feature. :)

      Delete
  16. That’s truly is simple. Sometimes the simple things are the best!

    Thank you for sharing your craft at the Homestesd Blog Hop 386.

    God bless!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd love to have your share your post with us at https://tryit-likeit.com/create-it-link-party-348/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! I thought they were real flowers but you found a way to make this easy! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

Three Easy Candle Jar Ideas for Cozy Porch Décor

I've always thought there was something so comforting about soft candlelight, especially when it’s paired with a few simple faux florals and greenery. Today, I’m sharing a sweet little project in which I decorated a glass jar in three different ways. Each jar has its own personality, glow, and gentle charm. These pieces are perfect for porch décor, but they work beautifully anywhere you want to add a touch of warmth. I love projects like this—simple materials, quiet moments, and a finished piece that feels peaceful and handmade. Watch the Video Tutorial Materials I Used Clear glass jar Battery‑operated candle Faux string of pearls Faux succulents Faux vine Bright pink faux flowers (tops removed from stems) Yellow faux flowers Faux foliage Optional: woven mat or tray for display Jar 1: Succulents & String of Pearls For the first jar, I wanted something earthy and calming. I placed a faux string of pearls inside the jar and let it settle naturally. Around it, I tucked in a few fa...

Fall Fox Garland: Easy and Affordable DIY Decor with Dollar Tree Items

Create a beautiful fall-themed fox garland using affordable Dollar Tree items. This easy and inexpensive DIY decor project will add a touch of seasonal charm to your home. Follow our step-by-step guide to make your own fall fox garland today. Hello everyone! I'm excited to share an effortless garland design with you all. Our project today involves creating a garland using fox ornaments purchased from Dollar Tree. We will also incorporate wooden mini-leaf embellishments and faux floral to add a wonderful touch. You can find a complete list of materials below. Video tutorial Creating your fall fox garland Materials  Mod Podge Paintbrush Acrylic paint Mini wood leaf embellishments Fox ornaments  Decorative napkin I'm also using a mini-craft iron  Parchment paper Hot glue Craft knife Sandpaper Adding the decorative napkin to the wooden foxes using Mod Podge To prepare the wooden fox for decorating, start by removing the bottom layer of the napkin. If you have a mini craft iro...

DIY Ghost Frame (Easy Dollar Tree Halloween Craft)

  Hi everyone! Halloween crafts don’t have to be spooky or complicated, and this little ghost frame is the perfect example. I put it together with a Dollar Tree frame, a few wooden ghosts, some gem buttons, and craft paper I already had in my stash. It’s quick, budget‑friendly, and adds the cutest touch of Halloween charm to any shelf or vignette. I love projects like this because they’re simple and relaxing, and you can customize them however you want. Different colors, different ghosts, different backgrounds — it all works. If you’re looking for a fast Halloween craft that still feels handmade and sweet, this one is definitely worth trying. Watch this video tutorial Materials I used for this project Dollar Tree frame Wooden ghost cutouts Craft paper (any color or pattern you like) Gem buttons or small embellishments Glue (hot glue or craft glue) Scissors Optional: stickers, paint, or extra accents Take the frame apart I started by removing the back of the frame, taking out both ...

How I Refreshed an Old Garden Statue with Paint (Easy Patio DIY)

This charming toad perched on his toadstool has been a beloved part of our patio for years, enduring the passage of time while gradually succumbing to the effects of sun and weather. With each season, he has faded a little more, losing some of his vibrant colors and details. Rather than allowing him to blend into the background and become just another forgotten decoration, I decided it was time to breathe new life into him.  Watch the Video Tutorial I shared the whole process in a quick YouTube Shorts video called “Watch Me Refresh This Old Garden Statue.” It’s a simple before‑and‑after, but such a satisfying one.  Materials I Used Garden statue (mine is a toad on a toadstool) Sandpaper Acrylic paints Small detail brushes Mod Podge (for sealing and protection) Sanding and Painting I began by gently sanding the statue to smooth out the chipped and faded paint. It only takes a few minutes, but it makes such a difference. Once the surface felt ready, I brought out my a...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you