Skip to main content

Upcycled Tin Can Floral Hanging Decoration Using Mod Podge

Hello there! I hope you're doing well. I'd like to share a fun and easy upcycling project with you today. We'll use Mod Podge and a few other materials to turn two ordinary tin cans into beautiful floral masterpieces. This is a great way to add some charm to any space!


Video tutorial


Materials needed for this project

Two tin cans- I'm reusing two vegetable cans
Decorative tissue paper
Mod podge
Twine
Faux floral
Paint
optional-craft foam block
Hot glue
Paintbrush


Step 1: Applying acrylic paint to the tin cans

Start by taking your tin cans, and applying white paint onto them. I am using white acrylic paint on my cans. I used only one coat of paint on each can. Allow your can to fully dry.


Step 2: Cutting the decorative tissue paper

After, take your decorative tissue paper, and begin to cut two sections. These two sections will go around your cans. Once you have cut your sections, set your paper aside.


Step 3: Adding Mod Podge and tissue paper to tin cans

Next, take your Mod Podge, and apply them to your cans. Apply a thin layer to each can. 
Add your tissue paper to your cans. Be sure to smooth your paper out as you add it over your Mod Podge. I used my blow dryer to help when smoothing any wrinkles out.
Take another thin layer of Mod Podge and add it to your cans. 



Step 4: Adding twine

Next, begin to wrap your twine around the top section of your can. As you wrap your twine around, apply a thin amount of hot glue. Apply your twine on top of your hot glue. Repeat this step on your second can. I wrapped my twine around twice on both of my jars.


Take a section of twine and cut a medium strand. Once you have done this, use hot glue to attach the twine to the inside of your two cans. This will be used to hang your decorations.


Step 5: Adding flowers

Take your flowers and begin cutting them to size. You will add your flowers to the inside of your two cans. I decided to add two small craft foam blocks. You don't need to add foam blocks, but I thought it would help hold my flowers in a little better. 


Your floral hanging decoration is complete! I love how this upcycled craft turned out. Thank you so much for stopping by, and creating with me.  I'll see you soon!



You might also enjoy



Pin Share Save





Comments

  1. These came out so cute! I love how you can hang them. I myself enjoy decoupaging, always fun. The best part is you repurposed what would have been just trash. Great job.
    Meagan-Decorative Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meagan, thank you so much! You are always so kind. I love how easy this project was as well.

      Delete
  2. I cant think a quicker way to make crafts than using Mod Podge, these turned out o dang cute!
    Thank you for sharing on Oh My Heartsie Girls WW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karren, aw thank you so much! So happy to have shared it with you. =)

      Delete
  3. The pretty, twin cans filled with greener and flowers make a fun decoration for indoors or out on a porch. Mod Podge is such a fun and easy medium to work with.
    Carol
    www.scribblingboomer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, thank you. 😊 I love working with mod podge.
      I agree this can easily be displayed outdoors, and indoors.

      Delete
  4. Such a pretty upcycle. Thank you for sharing at Handmade Monday last week, these will be a feature this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reciclar latas es una de mis aficiones favoritas.

    Has creado una bella decoración, el papel de flores es muy bonito.

    BESOS.... desde Sevilla España 😘😘😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias. Estoy tan feliz de que hayas disfrutado de mi oficio.

      Delete
  6. So, so pretty, looks so nice! Thanks so much for linking up at the Unlimited Link Party 99. Shared.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stephanie, CONGRATS! Your post is FEATURED at the Unlimited Link Party 100!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stephanie, these are really sweet!
    Thank you for sharing this project at Create, Bake, Grow & Gather this week. I'm delighted to be featuring your tin can floral decorations at the party tomorrow and pinning too.
    Hugs,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kerryanne, thank you so much. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed this craft. I will be sure to Stop by. Thank you so much for including in your feature.

      Delete
  9. Those are so cute, and it looks so easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it is very easy to make. Thanks for visiting 😊

      Delete
  10. This is such a pretty spring craft! I would love it if you would come and share this at my new monthly Sharing Serenity link party at https://serenityyou.com/sharing-serenity-the-monthly-link-party/

    ReplyDelete
  11. When will I finally have the time to make all your super cute creations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mariama, thank you! You're always so kind. I appreciate it.

      Delete
  12. How creative! My grandparents used to wrap old coffee cans with leftover wallpaper to use as flowerpots. Yours are much more artistic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leslie, aw I love that your grandparents used to do that. That's such a wonderful memory. Thank you so much for visiting today. :)

      Delete
  13. These are just darling! I'm in a huge decoupage era right now, so this is a great idea for all my napkins! ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Steps to Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home

Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company.  I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Watch the video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table:  -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights  - Reusing glass jars  - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations  - Small "Hello Fall" sign  - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could ...

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

Three Easy Candle Jar Ideas for Cozy Porch Décor

I've always thought there was something so comforting about soft candlelight, especially when it’s paired with a few simple faux florals and greenery. Today, I’m sharing a sweet little project in which I decorated a glass jar in three different ways. Each jar has its own personality, glow, and gentle charm. These pieces are perfect for porch décor, but they work beautifully anywhere you want to add a touch of warmth. I love projects like this—simple materials, quiet moments, and a finished piece that feels peaceful and handmade. Watch the Video Tutorial Materials I Used Clear glass jar Battery‑operated candle Faux string of pearls Faux succulents Faux vine Bright pink faux flowers (tops removed from stems) Yellow faux flowers Faux foliage Optional: woven mat or tray for display Jar 1: Succulents & String of Pearls For the first jar, I wanted something earthy and calming. I placed a faux string of pearls inside the jar and let it settle naturally. Around it, I tucked in a few fa...

How to Make Easy Beaded Wine Glass Charms

 I love creating small, simple crafts that add a personal touch to gatherings, and these wine glass charms were such a fun project. They’re easy to make, customizable, and perfect for parties, holidays, or even a cozy night in with friends. Each charm slips right onto the stem of a wine glass, making it easy for everyone to keep track of their drink. These charms come together quickly using beads, wire rings, and small metal pendants. You can mix and match colors and charms to fit any theme, and each one turns out a little different — which is part of the fun. Watch the video tutorial Materials Here’s what I used to make my wine glass charms: Wire rings Beads Small metal charms Jewelry pliers If your wire rings need trimming, use wire cutters—mine didn’t, so I didn’t need them for this project.  Choose your beads and charms Pick out the colors and shapes you want to use. I chose soft pinks, purples, and clear beads, along with heart, spiral, and flower charms. Each charm desig...

DIY Mini Wood Lantern

  Hello everyone. I'm so excited to share this mini wood lantern craft with you all. I recently bought a box of wood tumbling blocks from Dollar Tree, and I wasn't sure what I was going to create with them. I decided since I also had some wood craft popsicle sticks on hand that I would use those with the blocks, and create a mini wood lantern. This project took around 30 minutes, but I promise you, you will just love how it all comes together with just a few materials. If you're ready, I'd love it if you created it with me!  Video tutorial Materials One pack of wood tumbling blocks  I purchased mine at my local Dollar Tree Ten wood craft popsicle sticks Paint  I'm using black paint, I also had some antique white paint on hand, but I went with black paint Hot glue Twine Faux floral, and greenery One medium-sized bead One battery-operated candle Floral snips Scissors Building the top and bottom sections of the lantern Start by taking five of your tumbling blocks. Usin...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you