Skip to main content

How to Create an Artificial Succulent Birdhouse Decoration

 Hello everyone! I have a quick and easy DIY craft project to share with you. I wasn't sure what to do with the second birdhouse I purchased at my local Dollar Tree a while back. If you follow me, you probably know how much I love succulents, especially faux ones. So, why not design a birdhouse with a faux succulent roof? I would love it if you could create one with me. The process is simple, and I'll take you through a full materials list.

Succulent birdhouse design

Video tutorial
How to Create an Artificial Succulent Birdhouse Decoration

Materials for birdhouse succulent craft

To make the birdhouse design, you will need the following materials:

- One craft birdhouse (you can buy it at Dollar Tree)

- Assorted faux succulents

- Craft moss

- Artistic paint (Espresso in this case)

- Paintbrush

- Hot glue

Acrylic paint and birdhouse

Applying paint to the birdhouse

Start by applying acrylic paint to your birdhouse. Use Espresso color, and add a small amount of water to thin out the paint. This will result in a stained finish without having to use stain.

After applying the paint, let it dry completely.

Birdhouse, moss and hot glue

Craft moss on birdhouse roof

 Adding moss to the birdhouse roof

Next, take your craft moss, and using hot glue, apply it to the roof of the birdhouse. Be careful when pressing the moss down onto the roof to protect your fingers.

Succulents and birdhouse

Adding artificial succulents

 If necessary, use floral cutters to cut your succulent flowers to the size you want. Apply hot glue to each succulent flower and add it to the top of the birdhouse roof. Experiment with different sizes and looks of the succulents before adding them. This helps with placement and the overall design.

Succulent birdhouse design

Succulents on birdhouse roof

Succulents on birdhouse roof

That's it! Your birdhouse design is complete. It's a simple craft, and the result looks great. Give it a try if you have a birdhouse that you don't know what to do with.

You may also enjoy


Pin Share Save
Pinterest pin showing birdhouse decoration




Comments

  1. I love this Stephanie! What a cute craft and I love how you've decorated the roof. #MMBC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you come up with all of your cute craft ideas? This is adorable!
    Take care and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra, thank you. Sometimes it's hard coming up with stuff.

      Delete
  3. It turned out so pretty, Steph. I love succulents too and so many of the faux ones look so realistic too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, thank you so much. I'm happy to enjoyed my creation. :)

      Delete
  4. This looks like a fairy could live in it. :) So cute! Thanks for sharing this post with us at the Will Blog for Comments #37 linkup, Stephanie. We hope to see you sharing more posts next week at #38.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, now that you mention it, I can see a fairy living in it. :) Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.

      Delete
  5. Ohhh I love the woodland feel this moss and succulent treatment on the birdhouse roof offers! Adorable detail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! 😊 This was a truly enjoyable do-it-yourself project.

      Delete
  6. These look so sweet when finished. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fabulous creation. I'm not sure which of us spends more time (or $$) in Dollar Tree. Featuring when my link party opens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, thanks! That's a great question. I honestly think we both spend about the same amount of time at Dollar Tree. Lol 🤣

      Delete
  8. This looks SO sweet, it'll be a feature over at Handmade Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So creative, cute, love it. Thank you for sharing and participating at SSPS 357. See you at #358 as I will feature your post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute! Visiting from Grandma's house link party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm definitely making this for the table on my porch. Thanks for the idea and for sharing it on the Homestead Blog Hop. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

Three Easy Candle Jar Ideas for Cozy Porch Décor

I've always thought there was something so comforting about soft candlelight, especially when it’s paired with a few simple faux florals and greenery. Today, I’m sharing a sweet little project in which I decorated a glass jar in three different ways. Each jar has its own personality, glow, and gentle charm. These pieces are perfect for porch décor, but they work beautifully anywhere you want to add a touch of warmth. I love projects like this—simple materials, quiet moments, and a finished piece that feels peaceful and handmade. Watch the Video Tutorial Materials I Used Clear glass jar Battery‑operated candle Faux string of pearls Faux succulents Faux vine Bright pink faux flowers (tops removed from stems) Yellow faux flowers Faux foliage Optional: woven mat or tray for display Jar 1: Succulents & String of Pearls For the first jar, I wanted something earthy and calming. I placed a faux string of pearls inside the jar and let it settle naturally. Around it, I tucked in a few fa...

Easy Steps to Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home

Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company.  I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Watch the video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table:  -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights  - Reusing glass jars  - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations  - Small "Hello Fall" sign  - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could ...

DIY Ghost Frame (Easy Dollar Tree Halloween Craft)

  Hi everyone! Halloween crafts don’t have to be spooky or complicated, and this little ghost frame is the perfect example. I put it together with a Dollar Tree frame, a few wooden ghosts, some gem buttons, and craft paper I already had in my stash. It’s quick, budget‑friendly, and adds the cutest touch of Halloween charm to any shelf or vignette. I love projects like this because they’re simple and relaxing, and you can customize them however you want. Different colors, different ghosts, different backgrounds — it all works. If you’re looking for a fast Halloween craft that still feels handmade and sweet, this one is definitely worth trying. Watch this video tutorial Materials I used for this project Dollar Tree frame Wooden ghost cutouts Craft paper (any color or pattern you like) Gem buttons or small embellishments Glue (hot glue or craft glue) Scissors Optional: stickers, paint, or extra accents Take the frame apart I started by removing the back of the frame, taking out both ...

Fall Fox Garland: Easy and Affordable DIY Decor with Dollar Tree Items

Create a beautiful fall-themed fox garland using affordable Dollar Tree items. This easy and inexpensive DIY decor project will add a touch of seasonal charm to your home. Follow our step-by-step guide to make your own fall fox garland today. Hello everyone! I'm excited to share an effortless garland design with you all. Our project today involves creating a garland using fox ornaments purchased from Dollar Tree. We will also incorporate wooden mini-leaf embellishments and faux floral to add a wonderful touch. You can find a complete list of materials below. Video tutorial Creating your fall fox garland Materials  Mod Podge Paintbrush Acrylic paint Mini wood leaf embellishments Fox ornaments  Decorative napkin I'm also using a mini-craft iron  Parchment paper Hot glue Craft knife Sandpaper Adding the decorative napkin to the wooden foxes using Mod Podge To prepare the wooden fox for decorating, start by removing the bottom layer of the napkin. If you have a mini craft iro...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you