Skip to main content

DIY Dollar Tree Birdhouse decoration

Hi everyone! Today I am sharing a quick craft with all of you. I found these cute little birdhouses at my local Dollar Tree, and I wanted to share with all of you how to decorate them using decoupage, faux florals, and paint. For this, I am using a section of scrap wood that I had on hand. A link to my video tutorial will be added below. Be sure to visit my YouTube channel for more DIY crafts! 



 Materials

You will need the following:

One square wood section

One birdhouse

One decorative napkin 

Mod podge

Acrylic paint

Scissors

One watering can decoration

Faux flowers

Floral cutters

Floral sticker

Hot glue

Wood glue

Start by adding your paint to your square wood section. I applied two coats of paint called celery, letting it dry between coats.

Next, apply your white acrylic paint to your birdhouse.


Next, we will work with the Mod Podge and the decorative napkin. Use your scissors and cut the amount needed to cover the top of your birdhouse.

Next, use your paintbrush to apply a layer of Mod Podge to the top of your birdhouse.

Use your scissors and cut the amount needed to cover the top of your birdhouse.

Next, use your paintbrush to apply a layer of Mod Podge to the top of your birdhouse.

If you decide to add the watering can, you can apply paint to it.

This is also optional, but you can add a decorative sticker to your watering can.

You can also add your twine bow.

Add your wood glue to the bottom of your birdhouse and attach it to the wood section.

Use your floral cutters and begin to cut your flowers.

Afterward, take your flowers and begin to add them to your wood section using hot glue.

This is optional, but you can outline the flowers nd birds using paint. This will brighten the area around them.

Lastly, take your watering can and use hot glue to attach it to your wood section.



Your birdhouse decoration is now complete.
Thank you so much for stopping by and creating this craft with me. I think this will make a great addition to my spring porch decor. 

Pin Share Save


Find me on YouTube ---Steph Creates-DIY Home & Crafts

Comments

  1. How cute and perfect for spring. Thanks so much for linking up at #AThemedLinkup 144 for Spring Crafts and Décor. Shared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, thank you. I love that my local Dollar Tree had these little birdhouses available. :)

      Delete
  2. What an adorable birdhouse Stephanie! I really like the added touch of the printed napkins to the roof. Thank you for sharing with Whimsy Home Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! 😊 You're so kind. I like the added touch that the decorative napkin gave as well. I also love how simple this was to create.

      Delete
  3. Stephanie, your birdhouse is adorable!!! I am happy to have shared it for you at this week's Share Your Style #382. <3 I love little birdhouses and created some for friends by decorating their roofs with broken bits of plates and bowls years ago. I kept one which has broken bits of a Villeroy & Boch butterdish and a pretty saucer from a teacup set on its roof! (For your next one!!)

    Happy Easter to you,
    Hugs,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much. I love the idea of decorating the birdhouses with broken bits of bowls and plates. I also love that you used a saucer from a teacup set. I am sure it turned out beautiful and your friends loved it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely, you've made a fairly pretty bird house decoration into something really special. Thank you for sharing with us at Handmade Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful craft. I love the use of the floral napkin on the roof of the bird house. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristen, thank you so much. I appreciate you visiting. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

Fall Fox Garland: Easy and Affordable DIY Decor with Dollar Tree Items

Create a beautiful fall-themed fox garland using affordable Dollar Tree items. This easy and inexpensive DIY decor project will add a touch of seasonal charm to your home. Follow our step-by-step guide to make your own fall fox garland today. Hello everyone! I'm excited to share an effortless garland design with you all. Our project today involves creating a garland using fox ornaments purchased from Dollar Tree. We will also incorporate wooden mini-leaf embellishments and faux floral to add a wonderful touch. You can find a complete list of materials below. Video tutorial Creating your fall fox garland Materials  Mod Podge Paintbrush Acrylic paint Mini wood leaf embellishments Fox ornaments  Decorative napkin I'm also using a mini-craft iron  Parchment paper Hot glue Craft knife Sandpaper Adding the decorative napkin to the wooden foxes using Mod Podge To prepare the wooden fox for decorating, start by removing the bottom layer of the napkin. If you have a mini craft iro...

Three Easy Candle Jar Ideas for Cozy Porch Décor

I've always thought there was something so comforting about soft candlelight, especially when it’s paired with a few simple faux florals and greenery. Today, I’m sharing a sweet little project in which I decorated a glass jar in three different ways. Each jar has its own personality, glow, and gentle charm. These pieces are perfect for porch décor, but they work beautifully anywhere you want to add a touch of warmth. I love projects like this—simple materials, quiet moments, and a finished piece that feels peaceful and handmade. Watch the Video Tutorial Materials I Used Clear glass jar Battery‑operated candle Faux string of pearls Faux succulents Faux vine Bright pink faux flowers (tops removed from stems) Yellow faux flowers Faux foliage Optional: woven mat or tray for display Jar 1: Succulents & String of Pearls For the first jar, I wanted something earthy and calming. I placed a faux string of pearls inside the jar and let it settle naturally. Around it, I tucked in a few fa...

How I Refreshed an Old Garden Statue with Paint (Easy Patio DIY)

This charming toad perched on his toadstool has been a beloved part of our patio for years, enduring the passage of time while gradually succumbing to the effects of sun and weather. With each season, he has faded a little more, losing some of his vibrant colors and details. Rather than allowing him to blend into the background and become just another forgotten decoration, I decided it was time to breathe new life into him.  Watch the Video Tutorial I shared the whole process in a quick YouTube Shorts video called “Watch Me Refresh This Old Garden Statue.” It’s a simple before‑and‑after, but such a satisfying one.  Materials I Used Garden statue (mine is a toad on a toadstool) Sandpaper Acrylic paints Small detail brushes Mod Podge (for sealing and protection) Sanding and Painting I began by gently sanding the statue to smooth out the chipped and faded paint. It only takes a few minutes, but it makes such a difference. Once the surface felt ready, I brought out my a...

DIY Ghost Frame (Easy Dollar Tree Halloween Craft)

  Hi everyone! Halloween crafts don’t have to be spooky or complicated, and this little ghost frame is the perfect example. I put it together with a Dollar Tree frame, a few wooden ghosts, some gem buttons, and craft paper I already had in my stash. It’s quick, budget‑friendly, and adds the cutest touch of Halloween charm to any shelf or vignette. I love projects like this because they’re simple and relaxing, and you can customize them however you want. Different colors, different ghosts, different backgrounds — it all works. If you’re looking for a fast Halloween craft that still feels handmade and sweet, this one is definitely worth trying. Watch this video tutorial Materials I used for this project Dollar Tree frame Wooden ghost cutouts Craft paper (any color or pattern you like) Gem buttons or small embellishments Glue (hot glue or craft glue) Scissors Optional: stickers, paint, or extra accents Take the frame apart I started by removing the back of the frame, taking out both ...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you