Skip to main content

Simple Wood Floral Hanging Decoration

Create a simple wood floral hanging decoration with this easy DIY craft project. This step-by-step guide will show you how to make a beautiful wooden sign adorned with stylish floral accents, perfect for adding a touch of charm to your home décor or event decorations.

White wooden hanging sign with faux floral and hello sign

craft materials such as flowers, paint, paintbrushes, and wooden sign

Video tutorial



Materials

One wood canvas box/panel- 6''x8'' -Purchased at Walmart $2.00

Faux floral

One wood hello decoration- Purchased at Michaels for $1.99

Paint- I'm using white for the canvas box, and a color called Misty pink for the hello decoration. 

Hot glue

Twine

Scissors

Paintbrush 


unpainted wooden box with acrylic paint

Painted white wooden sign

Start by taking your white paint, and applying your paint onto your wood box. When applying the paint you will want to paint the top, sides, inner surface, and bottom of your box. I applied around two coats of paint.

hello sign with paintbrush and acrylic paint

painted hello sign

Once you have painted your box, set it aside, and allow it to dry. Next, take your Hello wood decoration, and apply paint. I'm using a paint called misty pink, and it is chalk acrylic paint. Once you have applied your paint, set it aside, and allow it to dry.

faux floral being placed inside of painted wooden box signTake your floral, and begin to cut your floral so that it can fit on the inside of the wooden box. After you have cut your floral, take your hot glue, and begin to add your glue onto the stems of your floral. Add your floral to your box. I added my floral to one end of my box. 

Painted white box sign with floral placed inside and painted hello sign

Next, using hot glue, take your hello decoration, and add it to your box just below your floral. 

Painted white wooden box with faux floral and painted hello sign

looped twine on the back of wooden box sign

After you have added on your hello decoration, flip your wood box over. Take your scissors, and cut a small strand of twine. Using your hot glue, take each end, and glue your twine down onto the back of your wooden box. 

Your project is now complete, and ready for you to hang! 

Thank you so much for creating with me! I hope that you enjoyed this simple wood floral hanging decoration. And while you're here, I'd love to hear from you. Feel free, and drop a comment below, and let me know if you'll be creating your very own decoration. I'll see you soon!

white painted wooden box sign with faux floral and hello sign


white painted wooden box sign with faux floral and hello sign

Pin/Share/Save

Pinterest pin showing  white painted wooden box sign with faux floral and hello sign

Comments

  1. Looks nice, I like it! Thanks so much for linking up at the Unlimited Link Party 100. Shared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE how bright and cheery this project is Steph! We will be featuring you starting Wednesday at the Creative Crafts Linky Party! Pinned and shared
    Creatively, Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth, thank you so much! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed this project. It is a favorite of mine. :)

      Delete
  3. Visiting again to say thanks so much for linking up at #IMadeItMondayLinkParty 5. Shared.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS Stephanie! Your post is FEATURED at #IMadeItMondayLinkParty 6.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so simple, and cute! I am all about simple these days, thank you so much for sharing with Whimsy Home Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty sign. I can't believe you made it, it looks shop brought. Fantastic job x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natasha, aw you're so kind. This was an easy craft to work on. Thank you so much for visiting ❤️

      Delete
  7. This is adorable. I invite you to share this and other posts tomorrow at the TFT Blog hop. (smile)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing with us, I'm featuring you when the next To Grandma's house we go link party starts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Steps to Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home

Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company.  I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Watch the video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table:  -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights  - Reusing glass jars  - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations  - Small "Hello Fall" sign  - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could ...

Easy Autumn Leaf Wood Riser | Using Dollar Tree Wooden Leaves

  Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to stop by. I hope all is well. Today we are creating an Autumn leaf wood riser. I purchased a pack of wooden leaves and wood square blocks from my local Dollar Tree. I wasn't sure what I was going to create with them. I found a piece of scrap wood in my garage and  I figured I would create a wood riser with a wood leaf design. This is a simple craft and is great for beginners.  Video tutorial Materials One scrap wood section -The size  of the one I am using is 7¾ x 3½ Paint -I'm using espresso for my riser and red for my wooden  leaves Four wood square pieces -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree  (These are being used for the legs on the wood riser) Wooden leaves -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree I am using 6 leaves. Depending on the size of the wood you use, you  could end up using more or less Paintbrush Hot glue Faux fall floral or leaves Floral cutters Start by taking your paint and applying it onto your scrap woo...

How to Create Fall Crate Décor Using Dollar Tree Items

Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well. You all know how much I love these wooden crates from Dollar Tree. I created this cute fall decor that can be added to a tiered tray or mantel. We'll use one wooden crate and a house plaque from Dollar Tree. Let's create and decorate together! Please check out my newest link party on the  Crazylittlelovebirds  blog if you haven't already. It runs from Fridays at 9:00 a.m. MST to Tuesdays at 11:00 p.m. MST.  Video tutorial Materials One wooden crate One wooden house plaque Acrylic paint Wooden letters Any Adhesive or Hot glue Foam craft blocks Faux fall floral/greenery Paintbrushes Mod Podge Decorative paper Floral cutters Scissors One pencil for tracing I have chosen to decorate with mini pumpkins, a squirrel figurine, and an unpainted leaf ornament for the fall season. Step 1: Tracing your wooden house plaque onto decorative paper Place the wooden house plaque on the decorative paper and trace its shape with a pencil. Cut out th...

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

Transforming Oui Yogurt Jars: Creating a Window Hanging Flower Display

Transforming Oui Yogurt jars into a hanging flower display is a simple way to add charm to any space. In this post, you'll learn how to customize and hang these jars with flowers. Get ready to create a beautiful, eco-friendly display that brightens up your home or garden. Whether you're new to upcycling or just itching for a quick creative fix, this easy and budget-friendly project will brighten up any window in your home with elegance and charm. Video tutorial What You’ll Need: 3 Oui yogurt jars (or any small glass jars you have on hand) Transfer stickers of your choice — I used cold transfer stickers I snagged on sale at my local Michaels Artificial flowers Scissors Floral cutters Twine Spring tension rod (or clear sturdy command hooks) 1. Prep Your Jars and Add a Personal Touch Begin with clean, dry jars. These little glass containers serve as the perfect blank canvas. Select your transfer stickers—I opted for a floral theme because who doesn’t love more blooms? I trimmed th...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you