Skip to main content

DIY Wood Riser with Floral Design

 Hello everyone! I hope you're doing well. Today, I'm excited to share a beautiful wood riser you can use to decorate your home. We'll be creating it using only a few materials, and for this project specifically, I'll be using the unfinished rectangle natural wood box from Walmart. I'll provide a detailed list of all required materials and step-by-step instructions.

Home decor wood riser

Video tutorial
DIY Wood Riser with Floral Design

Materials-Mod Podge, beads, decorative napkin

Materials

  • Unfinished rectangle natural wood box -6" x 8" x .75"
  • 3" peg people (these are used for the legs on the wooden riser)
  • Adhesive (I'm using Hot glue) You can also use E6000
  • Decorative floral napkin
  • Mod Podge
  • 7" One unpainted wood home word sign
  • Scissors
  • Paintbrush

Acrylic paint and wooden frame

Applying paint to wood frame and home sign
Begin by applying paint to the wooden box and the home word sign. Mix two paint colors together and use them for the wooden box and home sign.

Scissors, decorative napkin and Mod Podge

Adding the decorative napkin and Mod Podge
Next, use scissors to cut out decorative pieces from your napkins that you will want to use in your design. I recommend using a floral design napkin if you want to achieve the same look. Cut out each flower and remove the second layer of the napkin.

Hand holding cut out flowers

Afterward, take each of your cut-out designs and apply Mod Podge to the inner surface of your wooden box. Add your decorative cut-out napkin design over the Mod Podge. Continue with the rest of the decorations. After adding your napkin pieces, apply a layer of Mod Podge over the top surface of each one.

Hand holding peg to wooden  frame

Adding the peg legs to the wood frame
You're now ready to attach the peg legs to the bottom of your wooden box. If your wooden pegs were previously painted white, you can add paint to each peg or leave them as is. Apply a small amount of adhesive to the bottom of each peg and attach them to each corner of the wooden box.

wooden frame and pegs

Wood riser with floral design

Attaching the home word sign 
Finally, add your home sign to the wood riser. I recommend adding the home sign at the back of the riser on top.

home sign and wood riser with floral design

Wood riser with floral design

wood riser with floral design

You might also enjoy

Pin Share Save
Pinterest pin showing wood riser


Comments

  1. How cute! I love the mod podge flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, thank you. Happy to hear you enjoyed it. 😊

      Delete
  2. So darling. It looks like a mini version of a glass coffee table with a drawer underneath. The flowers are just lovely. Thanks for sharing this post with all of us at the Will Blog for Comments #36!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, thank you! 😊 It was a fun little project. And yes, I can see it looking like a mini version of a glass coffee table. ☕️ Have a lovely week.

      Delete
  3. I didn't realise that you have two blog sites Stephanie!
    Love this crafty idea too! 😀
    Blessings, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, thank you. 😊
      Yes, this blog got started after my Crazy Little Lovebirds blog. It was to focus just on my crafts.

      Delete
  4. Love this Steph!
    Thanks bunches for sharing this tutorial with Sweet Tea & Friends this month sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I continue to love how you see things. This is so cute! Featuring when my link party opens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, you are so kind. Thank you. I'm happy you enjoyed this craft. ☺️

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Steps to Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home

Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company.  I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Watch the video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table:  -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights  - Reusing glass jars  - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations  - Small "Hello Fall" sign  - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could ...

Easy Autumn Leaf Wood Riser | Using Dollar Tree Wooden Leaves

  Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to stop by. I hope all is well. Today we are creating an Autumn leaf wood riser. I purchased a pack of wooden leaves and wood square blocks from my local Dollar Tree. I wasn't sure what I was going to create with them. I found a piece of scrap wood in my garage and  I figured I would create a wood riser with a wood leaf design. This is a simple craft and is great for beginners.  Video tutorial Materials One scrap wood section -The size  of the one I am using is 7¾ x 3½ Paint -I'm using espresso for my riser and red for my wooden  leaves Four wood square pieces -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree  (These are being used for the legs on the wood riser) Wooden leaves -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree I am using 6 leaves. Depending on the size of the wood you use, you  could end up using more or less Paintbrush Hot glue Faux fall floral or leaves Floral cutters Start by taking your paint and applying it onto your scrap woo...

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

How to Create Fall Crate Décor Using Dollar Tree Items

Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well. You all know how much I love these wooden crates from Dollar Tree. I created this cute fall decor that can be added to a tiered tray or mantel. We'll use one wooden crate and a house plaque from Dollar Tree. Let's create and decorate together! Please check out my newest link party on the  Crazylittlelovebirds  blog if you haven't already. It runs from Fridays at 9:00 a.m. MST to Tuesdays at 11:00 p.m. MST.  Video tutorial Materials One wooden crate One wooden house plaque Acrylic paint Wooden letters Any Adhesive or Hot glue Foam craft blocks Faux fall floral/greenery Paintbrushes Mod Podge Decorative paper Floral cutters Scissors One pencil for tracing I have chosen to decorate with mini pumpkins, a squirrel figurine, and an unpainted leaf ornament for the fall season. Step 1: Tracing your wooden house plaque onto decorative paper Place the wooden house plaque on the decorative paper and trace its shape with a pencil. Cut out th...

Transforming Oui Yogurt Jars: Creating a Window Hanging Flower Display

Transforming Oui Yogurt jars into a hanging flower display is a simple way to add charm to any space. In this post, you'll learn how to customize and hang these jars with flowers. Get ready to create a beautiful, eco-friendly display that brightens up your home or garden. Whether you're new to upcycling or just itching for a quick creative fix, this easy and budget-friendly project will brighten up any window in your home with elegance and charm. Video tutorial What You’ll Need: 3 Oui yogurt jars (or any small glass jars you have on hand) Transfer stickers of your choice — I used cold transfer stickers I snagged on sale at my local Michaels Artificial flowers Scissors Floral cutters Twine Spring tension rod (or clear sturdy command hooks) 1. Prep Your Jars and Add a Personal Touch Begin with clean, dry jars. These little glass containers serve as the perfect blank canvas. Select your transfer stickers—I opted for a floral theme because who doesn’t love more blooms? I trimmed th...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you