Skip to main content

Decorative Round Wood Hanging Home Sign


 Hi everyone, happy August! I hope you are well. I've started my countdown to Autumn. I'm honestly ready for that Autumn breeze. Until then, I will continue to bring you all some of my favorite creations. Today we're creating a fun decorative round hanging sign. I picked up my round plywood sign from my local Dollar Tree, and I figured I'd create a quick, and simple hanging sign. 


Video Tutorial


Materials

One round plywood hanging décor

One bow-or ribbon to create your bow

Paint- I'm using two colors. Mineral, and chocolate bar

Scissors

One ruler 

Hot glue

One home wood decoration

One pencil

Twine

Greenery


Begin by taking your ruler, and placing it in the middle of your wood decoration. We are just creating two sections on our round wood decoration. Take your pencil, and draw a straight line across. You will end up with two sections on your wood piece. 


Next, take your paint, and begin to apply your paint to one section. I used a smaller paintbrush when applying my paint near the line. I also used a blow dryer when drying my paint. 

After you have applied your first paint color, take your second paint color, and add it to the other section of your wood. Repeat the previous steps.


Using scissors cut a medium section of twine. Apply a thin layer of hot glue over your line. Add your twine over the line in the middle of your wood circle. 


Take your hot glue, and apply a small amount onto the back of your home wood decoration. I added my home word décor on the bottom section of my sign. 


Now you are ready to add your greenery. I added three small sections of greenery. Apply a little hot glue onto each one, and add them around your home wood décor. 


If you have a bow, take your bow, and add it to the top section of your sign. I created a simple bow using some ribbon I had on hand. 



Your wood-hanging sign is now complete, and ready to display. I hung my sign-up on my front door, and I absolutely love how it turned out. 

 Thank you so much for stopping by, and creating with me. I'll see you soon.

You might also enjoy

Simple DIY Autumn Floral And Bead Wreath

Comments

  1. I like it, looks nice! Thanks so much for linking up at the Unlimited Link Party 98. Shared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this is absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

    I would love to invite you to share your post on my Tell It To Me Tuesday link party, and have the chance to be featured. You can find the most recent one at https://perfectlyimperfect-lwl.com/tell-it-to-me-tuesday-5-7-11-23-link-party/. I hope you to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lyndsey, thank you! I'll swing by your link party here shortly. :)

      Delete
  3. Visiting again to say thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 133. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm featuring you this week when the next To Grandma's house we go link party starts - thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the natural colors you chose, and this turned out lovely. Featuring when my party opens!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

A Sweet Little Clay Trinket Dish Makeover

I’ve been loving small, simple DIYs lately — the kind you can finish in an afternoon with a cup of tea nearby. Today’s project is this sweet little clay trinket dish I painted with soft florals and a glossy finish. It’s the perfect size for rings, earrings, or any tiny treasures you want to keep close. Want to See the Process? I filmed the whole thing! You can watch the full painting process here: Materials I Used small clay trinket dish acrylic paint (green base + floral colors) fine detail brush gold paint Mod Podge (glossy) This dish started out completely plain. I love pieces like this because they’re basically a blank canvas, no pressure, just play. I chose a soft green base coat to give the florals something cozy and calm to sit on. Once the base was dry, I started building the design: stems and leaves first tiny pops of color for the flowers a thin black outline to make everything stand out a touch of gold for warmth The gold might be my favorite part. It adds just enough shine ...

Upcycled glass jar design with paper floral embellishments

 Hello everyone! How are you all doing? I hope you are doing well. If you're anything like me, I have a few glass jars that I have washed and set aside, waiting for the perfect opportunity to use them in a craft. Today I am going to share a simple upcycled project with you. We're decorating a glass jar and adding paint, Mod Podge, and floral embellishments. Video tutorial Materials One glass jar- I am reusing a pickle jar Floral embellishments- I am using the paper craft flowers Mod podge Acrylic paint- I am using Waverly no prep Matte finish Scissors Paintbrushes Optional-Twine Applying paint to the glass jar Begin by taking your paintbrush and applying a thin layer of your paint to your jar. Add a lighter paint application if you want to add a battery-operated candle to your jar. This way you will still be able to see light through your jar. Adding Mod Podge and paper flowers to a glass jar Next,  after applying your paint, take your flowers and begin to add them using your ...

Easy Steps to Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home

Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company.  I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table:  -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights  - Reusing glass jars  - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations  - Small "Hello Fall" sign  - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could achieve th...

Summer Craft: DIY Paper Plate Watermelon Flower Hanger

Hey everyone! I'm excited to show you a fun and easy craft. Today, we will be making a summer watermelon floral hanging design using a paper plate. This DIY project is easy to create and fun to welcome the summer season. You'll make this watermelon floral hanging design to display your artificial flowers creatively. It's also a great way to use any extra paper plates you may have lying around and aren't sure what to do with. You may have extras from a birthday party or a BBQ. If you're ready, let's get started creating your floral hanging design! Video tutorial Summer Craft: DIY Paper Plate Watermelon Flower Hanger Materials: - Paintbrush - Artificial flowers - Paper plate (any size you prefer) - String or craft twine - Scissors - Hot glue Optional-Hole Puncher Start by cutting the paper plate in half. Use a darker green paint to cover the bottom area of the plate. Let it dry between each coat of paint. Continue applying paint to each area of the plate. Then, ad...

DIY Mini Wood Lantern

  Hello everyone. I'm so excited to share this mini wood lantern craft with you all. I recently bought a box of wood tumbling blocks from Dollar Tree, and I wasn't sure what I was going to create with them. I decided since I also had some wood craft popsicle sticks on hand that I would use those with the blocks, and create a mini wood lantern. This project took around 30 minutes, but I promise you, you will just love how it all comes together with just a few materials. If you're ready, I'd love it if you created it with me!  Video tutorial Materials One pack of wood tumbling blocks  I purchased mine at my local Dollar Tree Ten wood craft popsicle sticks Paint  I'm using black paint, I also had some antique white paint on hand, but I went with black paint Hot glue Twine Faux floral, and greenery One medium-sized bead One battery-operated candle Floral snips Scissors Building the top and bottom sections of the lantern Start by taking five of your tumbling blocks. Usin...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you