Skip to main content

A Little Birdie Welcome DIY Sign Decoration

There’s something so refreshing about a simple spring craft, especially one that brings a little whimsy into your home. Today I’m sharing a sweet and easy project using a round sign I picked up on sale at Hobby Lobby. With just a few supplies and a sprinkle of creativity, you can turn an ordinary piece into a cheerful “A Little Birdie Welcome” sign that feels like spring has already arrived.


Watch the Video Tutorial


 
Gather Your Supplies

You’ll need:

  • A round wooden sign (mine was a great sale find!)
  • Acrylic paint
  • Paintbrushes
  • Stickers
  • Spring‑inspired colors and designs
  • Optional: A whimsical rub‑on transfer (I found mine at Dollar Tree)

This project is wonderfully flexible, so feel free to mix and match whatever spring elements you already have on hand.


Step 1: Paint the Base

Start by giving your round sign a fresh coat of acrylic paint. I chose white because I wanted a soft, airy look—something that would let the design's colors really shine.

My sign came with two beads attached to the twine hanger, and I couldn’t resist painting them a pretty shade of pink. It adds just the right touch of sweetness without overpowering the rest of the design.

Let everything dry before moving on. This is a great moment to sip some coffee or admire how a little paint already makes the sign feel brand new.


Step 2: Add the Whimsy — Rub‑Ons, Birds & Flowers

Now it’s time to bring this little sign to life. I started by adding my whimsical rub‑on design — the one with the sweet flowers and curling vines that I found at Dollar Tree. Using a rubbing tool, gently press each part of the design onto your sign. And don’t worry if not every detail transfers perfectly. Those tiny blemishes add charm and make the piece feel even more handmade and heartfelt.

Once the rub‑on design was in place, I added the cutest little bird stickers along with a few extra flower stickers. These small touches tie everything together and give the sign a cheerful, spring‑kissed personality that makes it so fun to display.


Step 3: Hang and Enjoy

Once everything is dry and in place, your sign is ready to hang. Whether you put it on a door, a hook, or a cozy corner of your home, it’s sure to bring a smile every time you walk by.

“A Little Birdie Welcome” is such a sweet way to greet the season—and your guests.


Pin Share Save

Comments

  1. I just love little birdie stickers! This is an adorable design.
    M.B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! It's so easy to make. I'm gonna make one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's great to hear; yes, it's a very simple craft to create. Thank you for visiting.

      Delete
  3. I love this! What a gorgeous idea - so quick, easy and let's you be creative as you wish! Sim x #WWBH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I appreciate you visiting. 😊

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Steps to Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home

Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company.  I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Watch the video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table:  -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights  - Reusing glass jars  - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations  - Small "Hello Fall" sign  - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could ...

Easy Autumn Leaf Wood Riser | Using Dollar Tree Wooden Leaves

  Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to stop by. I hope all is well. Today we are creating an Autumn leaf wood riser. I purchased a pack of wooden leaves and wood square blocks from my local Dollar Tree. I wasn't sure what I was going to create with them. I found a piece of scrap wood in my garage and  I figured I would create a wood riser with a wood leaf design. This is a simple craft and is great for beginners.  Video tutorial Materials One scrap wood section -The size  of the one I am using is 7¾ x 3½ Paint -I'm using espresso for my riser and red for my wooden  leaves Four wood square pieces -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree  (These are being used for the legs on the wood riser) Wooden leaves -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree I am using 6 leaves. Depending on the size of the wood you use, you  could end up using more or less Paintbrush Hot glue Faux fall floral or leaves Floral cutters Start by taking your paint and applying it onto your scrap woo...

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

How to Create Fall Crate Décor Using Dollar Tree Items

Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well. You all know how much I love these wooden crates from Dollar Tree. I created this cute fall decor that can be added to a tiered tray or mantel. We'll use one wooden crate and a house plaque from Dollar Tree. Let's create and decorate together! Please check out my newest link party on the  Crazylittlelovebirds  blog if you haven't already. It runs from Fridays at 9:00 a.m. MST to Tuesdays at 11:00 p.m. MST.  Video tutorial Materials One wooden crate One wooden house plaque Acrylic paint Wooden letters Any Adhesive or Hot glue Foam craft blocks Faux fall floral/greenery Paintbrushes Mod Podge Decorative paper Floral cutters Scissors One pencil for tracing I have chosen to decorate with mini pumpkins, a squirrel figurine, and an unpainted leaf ornament for the fall season. Step 1: Tracing your wooden house plaque onto decorative paper Place the wooden house plaque on the decorative paper and trace its shape with a pencil. Cut out th...

DIY Valentine's Wooden Heart Riser.

Create a charming Valentine's wooden heart riser with this DIY craft tutorial. It's a perfect addition to your holiday decor and makes a heartfelt gift. Get step-by-step instructions and unleash your creativity! Be sure to check out the video tutorial below Materials One Wooden heart  (Target Dollar Aisle) Three large wooden beads Diamond Gem wrap (Purchased at the Dollar Tree. Sticky backing) Paintbrush Paint  (I'm using a light pink) Scissors Faux Flowers Adhesive (E6000, Any will work) Hot Glue Start by taking your wooden heart, and applying pink paint to the front surface. It is entirely up to you, but you can also apply paint to the bottom side of your wooden heart.   You will need around two coats of paint when you are completely finished. Once you have applied all coats of the paint, set your wooden heart aside, and allow it to dry. First, take three large beads and apply some white paint to each of them. Set them aside to dry. After the beads have dried, flip...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you