Skip to main content

DIY Valentine's Wooden Heart Riser.

Create a charming Valentine's wooden heart riser with this DIY craft tutorial. It's a perfect addition to your holiday decor and makes a heartfelt gift. Get step-by-step instructions and unleash your creativity!


Be sure to check out the video tutorial below


Materials

One Wooden heart 
(Target Dollar Aisle)

Three large wooden beads

Diamond Gem wrap
(Purchased at the Dollar Tree. Sticky backing)

Paintbrush

Paint 
(I'm using a light pink)

Scissors

Faux Flowers

Adhesive

(E6000, Any will work)

Hot Glue



Start by taking your wooden heart, and applying pink paint to the front surface. It is entirely up to you, but you can also apply paint to the bottom side of your wooden heart. 

 You will need around two coats of paint when you are completely finished. Once you have applied all coats of the paint, set your wooden heart aside, and allow it to dry.




First, take three large beads and apply some white paint to each of them. Set them aside to dry.

After the beads have dried, flip the wooden heart over and use adhesive to attach them to the bottom side of the heart. Place two beads on the upper section and one on the lower end.

Next, it's time to add the gem wrap. You can find different colors of gems at your local dollar store. For this project, diamond gems were used.

Start by cutting sections of the gem wrap and removing the paper backing from the backside of the gems. Then, gently press the gems down and around the front section of the wooden heart. As you apply the gems, you will form the shape of the heart around the heart.





After adding your gem wrap, you can now start to add your faux flowers to your wooden heart. Take your scissors, or wire cutters, and cut sections of your leaves, and flowers apart. 

Using a hot glue gun, add your leaves, and flowers to the bottom section of your wooden heart. 




You're all finished. Adding your flowers, and leaves to the heart is the last step to complete this project. 

You can add a small potted plant and a glass jar with an LED candle. It is simple, and so pretty when displayed. I hope that you have enjoyed this simple DIY project. 

Pin/Share/Save


Be sure to check out my other DIY tray/riser projects below

DIY $8 Holiday Wood Risers. Build And Decorate

DIY Decorative Kitchen Tray Build And Decorate

DIY Decorative Autumn Tray

Easy Decorative Tray With Round Legs. -Build and Decorate

Comments

  1. How pretty, looks nice! Thanks so much for linking up at A Themed Linkup 95 for All Things Love and Valentine’s Day. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS Steph! Your post is FEATURED at A Themed Linkup 96 for Handcrafted Jewelry from the previous linkup for All Things Love and Valentine’s Day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Steps to Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home

Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company.  I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Watch the video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table:  -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights  - Reusing glass jars  - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations  - Small "Hello Fall" sign  - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could ...

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

Summer Craft: DIY Paper Plate Watermelon Flower Hanger

Hey everyone! I'm excited to show you a fun and easy craft. Today, we will be making a summer watermelon floral hanging design using a paper plate. This DIY project is easy to create and fun to welcome the summer season. You'll make this watermelon floral hanging design to display your artificial flowers creatively. It's also a great way to use any extra paper plates you may have lying around and aren't sure what to do with. You may have extras from a birthday party or a BBQ. If you're ready, let's get started creating your floral hanging design! Video tutorial Summer Craft: DIY Paper Plate Watermelon Flower Hanger Materials: - Paintbrush - Artificial flowers - Paper plate (any size you prefer) - String or craft twine - Scissors - Hot glue Optional-Hole Puncher Start by cutting the paper plate in half. Use a darker green paint to cover the bottom area of the plate. Let it dry between each coat of paint. Continue applying paint to each area of the plate. Then, ad...

Home And Garden Terra Cotta Pot Decorations

 Hi everyone!  How have you all been? I took last week off from doing any DIY projects.  It was excellent. I was able to spend some much-needed quality time with my family.  We spent a lot of time outdoors.  We are still repairing our window well, so there were many trips to pick up materials.   While at my local Lowe's store, I found these $2 Terra Cotta pots. I picked up two and also two terra cotta saucers.  I wanted to create a decoration that could be displayed in the home or garden/patio. You will need just a few materials, and there will be a few that are optional. Home And Garden Terra Cotta Pot Decorations Video tutorial Materials Terra Cotta Saucer  Size 4.25'' Terra Cotta Rimmed Cylinder Pot Size 3'' Acrylic paint I am using white for the pot and celery green for the clay saucer Moss I am using preserved moss that I purchased at Walmart E6000  Hot glue Faux floral Paintbrush Floral cutters Optional- Mod Podge or clear coat spr...

Three Easy Candle Jar Ideas for Cozy Porch Décor

I've always thought there was something so comforting about soft candlelight, especially when it’s paired with a few simple faux florals and greenery. Today, I’m sharing a sweet little project in which I decorated a glass jar in three different ways. Each jar has its own personality, glow, and gentle charm. These pieces are perfect for porch décor, but they work beautifully anywhere you want to add a touch of warmth. I love projects like this—simple materials, quiet moments, and a finished piece that feels peaceful and handmade. Watch the Video Tutorial Materials I Used Clear glass jar Battery‑operated candle Faux string of pearls Faux succulents Faux vine Bright pink faux flowers (tops removed from stems) Yellow faux flowers Faux foliage Optional: woven mat or tray for display Jar 1: Succulents & String of Pearls For the first jar, I wanted something earthy and calming. I placed a faux string of pearls inside the jar and let it settle naturally. Around it, I tucked in a few fa...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you