Skip to main content

Charming Fall Decorations Using Simple Terra Cotta Pots

These DIY craft ideas transform simple terra cotta pots into charming fall decorations. Elevate your home decor with these creative and easy-to-make projects for the autumn season.

Hey everyone! I'm glad you stopped by. Today, I want to share an easy fall decoration idea with you. I'm reusing three Terra Cotta pots from a previous craft to create these decorations. You'll need just a few materials, most of which you may already have at home, to make your fall pot decorations.


Video tutorial 
Charming Fall Decorations Using Simple Terra Cotta Pots



Materials needed:

- Three pots (Terra Cotta or any type)
- Fall wooden decorations (such as a fox, acorn, and a leaf) 
- Artificial flowers
- Assorted fall decorations (e.g., mini pumpkins)
- Acrylic paint
- Paintbrush
- Burlap ribbon or any ribbon of your choice
- Scissors 
- Hot glue
- Mod Podge
- Decorative napkins
- Foam blocks


Use a paintbrush to apply acrylic paint to each pot. I painted each pot a different fall color like orange, cream, brown, and gold.


Wrap your chosen ribbon around each pot and use scissors to adjust the size if needed. I cut my burlap and orange ribbons down the middle to make them thinner before wrapping them around the pots. Then, secure the ribbons with hot glue.



Paint the wooden fall decorations and let them dry completely before applying Mod Podge.


Cut sections of decorative napkins to use in your design and remove the second layer. Then, use Mod Podge to attach the napkin to the wooden fall decorations and add a top layer of Mod Podge.


Attach the wooden fall decorations to craft sticks using hot glue.
Place decorative napkin pieces in each pot, then add foam blocks on top. This will help create height for your decorations.


Insert artificial flowers into the foam blocks and place the fall decorations on top.

Once you're done, you can display your fall pot decorations on a wooden tray, table, mantel, bookshelf, and more! I love how mine turned out. Thanks for joining me in creating these fall decorations!


Pin Share Save


Comments

  1. Such cute fall pots! I just purchased some new fall decor the other day, but I'm not ready to decorate for fall yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, thank you. I don't decorate until September, so I understand. ♡

      Delete
  2. Aww! These are so cute. What a wonderful idea. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable Stephanie! I love decorating for fall. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinned! I love decorating terra cotta pots, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, terra cotta pots are so much fun to decorate. Thank you for visiting. 🥰

      Delete
  5. Adorable. And boy are those terra cotta pot colours perfect for fall! However these darling shelf sitters are just precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind. Thank you so very much. I'm glad you enjoyed my terracotta pots. ♡

      Delete
  6. Such a sweet idea! Can't wait for fall.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amalia, thank you very much. I am pretty excited for fall!

      Delete
  7. What a sweet little autumn decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a simple yet pretty decor idea! This is something I would like doing with both my grand daughters. Pinned.
    Thanks for sharing!
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra, thank you. Oh, I bet your granddaughters would enjoy doing this with you as well. Thank you for visiting. Take care. ♡

      Delete
    2. So so sweet. I love the colors and I could imagine how a row of these would look beautiful :)

      Delete
  9. These are very sweet! I love the decorations you used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable little pots that can decorate any small corner. This post will be featured this week. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, thank you so much. I'm happy to be featured at your party.

      Delete
  11. Beautiful as always, Steph. What great additions to Fall decor. Featuring when my party opens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, you're always so kind. Thank you for the feature.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

Three Easy Candle Jar Ideas for Cozy Porch Décor

I've always thought there was something so comforting about soft candlelight, especially when it’s paired with a few simple faux florals and greenery. Today, I’m sharing a sweet little project in which I decorated a glass jar in three different ways. Each jar has its own personality, glow, and gentle charm. These pieces are perfect for porch décor, but they work beautifully anywhere you want to add a touch of warmth. I love projects like this—simple materials, quiet moments, and a finished piece that feels peaceful and handmade. Watch the Video Tutorial Materials I Used Clear glass jar Battery‑operated candle Faux string of pearls Faux succulents Faux vine Bright pink faux flowers (tops removed from stems) Yellow faux flowers Faux foliage Optional: woven mat or tray for display Jar 1: Succulents & String of Pearls For the first jar, I wanted something earthy and calming. I placed a faux string of pearls inside the jar and let it settle naturally. Around it, I tucked in a few fa...

Easy Steps to Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home

Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company.  I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Watch the video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table:  -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights  - Reusing glass jars  - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations  - Small "Hello Fall" sign  - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could ...

DIY Ghost Frame (Easy Dollar Tree Halloween Craft)

  Hi everyone! Halloween crafts don’t have to be spooky or complicated, and this little ghost frame is the perfect example. I put it together with a Dollar Tree frame, a few wooden ghosts, some gem buttons, and craft paper I already had in my stash. It’s quick, budget‑friendly, and adds the cutest touch of Halloween charm to any shelf or vignette. I love projects like this because they’re simple and relaxing, and you can customize them however you want. Different colors, different ghosts, different backgrounds — it all works. If you’re looking for a fast Halloween craft that still feels handmade and sweet, this one is definitely worth trying. Watch this video tutorial Materials I used for this project Dollar Tree frame Wooden ghost cutouts Craft paper (any color or pattern you like) Gem buttons or small embellishments Glue (hot glue or craft glue) Scissors Optional: stickers, paint, or extra accents Take the frame apart I started by removing the back of the frame, taking out both ...

Fall Fox Garland: Easy and Affordable DIY Decor with Dollar Tree Items

Create a beautiful fall-themed fox garland using affordable Dollar Tree items. This easy and inexpensive DIY decor project will add a touch of seasonal charm to your home. Follow our step-by-step guide to make your own fall fox garland today. Hello everyone! I'm excited to share an effortless garland design with you all. Our project today involves creating a garland using fox ornaments purchased from Dollar Tree. We will also incorporate wooden mini-leaf embellishments and faux floral to add a wonderful touch. You can find a complete list of materials below. Video tutorial Creating your fall fox garland Materials  Mod Podge Paintbrush Acrylic paint Mini wood leaf embellishments Fox ornaments  Decorative napkin I'm also using a mini-craft iron  Parchment paper Hot glue Craft knife Sandpaper Adding the decorative napkin to the wooden foxes using Mod Podge To prepare the wooden fox for decorating, start by removing the bottom layer of the napkin. If you have a mini craft iro...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you