Skip to main content

Summer Craft: DIY Paper Plate Watermelon Flower Hanger

Hey everyone! I'm excited to show you a fun and easy craft. Today, we will be making a summer watermelon floral hanging design using a paper plate. This DIY project is easy to create and fun to welcome the summer season. You'll make this watermelon floral hanging design to display your artificial flowers creatively. It's also a great way to use any extra paper plates you may have lying around and aren't sure what to do with. You may have extras from a birthday party or a BBQ. If you're ready, let's get started creating your floral hanging design!

Paper Plate watermelon flower hanging design

Video tutorial
Summer Craft: DIY Paper Plate Watermelon Flower Hanger

Close up on paper plate watermelon flower hanger

Materials,-paint, faux flowers, paintbrush, and paper plate

Materials:
- Paintbrush
- Artificial flowers
- Paper plate (any size you prefer)
- String or craft twine
- Scissors
- Hot glue
Optional-Hole Puncher

Paper plate and scissors

Start by cutting the paper plate in half.

Paper plate cut in half

Paper plate, paintbrush, and paint

painted paper plate and light green paint
Use a darker green paint to cover the bottom area of the plate. Let it dry between each coat of paint.

Painted paper plate sections and black paint
Continue applying paint to each area of the plate. Then, add the lighter green and red paint. For the lighter green, mix the darker green with the lighter green to create the color.
Use a smaller paintbrush to create seeds on each section.

Hand holding painted plate painted green and red.

Collage showing plates sections glued together
 Apply hot glue to the inner section of one side of the plate and press the other half over it to create an opening in the middle.
Painted paper plate near string and scissors
Attach the string or twine using hot glue. If you have a hole puncher, you can punch two holes at both ends of the hanger to insert and tie off the string. Press the string in place using hot glue.

Painted paper plate near faux flowers

Add artificial flowers to the center of your design. If you find it difficult to insert the flowers, you can use a foam block cut to size to fit between the plate sections.  When adding the flowers, distribute the weight evenly to keep the design level when hanging.

Hanging watermelon flower hanger

I hope you enjoyed this DIY project. It's a fun way to display your flowers. Thank you for visiting and creating with me.
I look forward to seeing you soon. ♡

You might also enjoy

Pin Share Save

Pinterest pin





Comments

  1. This is super cute Steph, so clever and creative!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenna, thank you so much! You are so kind. ♡

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Joanne, thank you. I appreciate your feedback 😊 ❤️

      Delete
  3. You are so creative! I love this and so right for summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You are very kind. I appreciate that. ♡

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Amy, thank you so much. I appreciate your feedback. 😊

      Delete
  5. This is really cute! What a lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that it's watermelon slices. That is as summery as you can get. Cute! #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, thank you so much! Happy you enjoyed it. :)

      Delete
  7. That is so cute and perfect for summer. What a fantastic idea for something so simple as a paper plate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, thank you! Yes, it was a very simple creation. I hope to inspire more people to create using every day items. :)

      Delete
  8. We love watermelons in our house, I think this would make a lovely little decoration and easy enough for my youngest to make. As everyone else has said, it's very cute (And I have some spare paper plates!) #mmbc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, this would also make a great craft for children. Thank you for visiting!

      Delete
  9. Adorable! thanks for sharing on craft schooling sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute Idea, I'm going to do this with my Grandgirl when she comes for the weekend, thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandi, oh, that sounds wonderful. I hope you two enjoy this craft together.

      Delete
  11. So clever! That paper plate is the perfect shape for this adorable project. It looks SO summery!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love, love the watermelon theme! So summery and cute. You're so clever, Stephanie--you come up with so many amazing things. Thank you for sharing this lovely post with us at the Will Blog for Comments #42 linkup. We hope to see you next time with more posts to share, old or new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you are always so kind, Jennifer. You made me smile. I'm so happy you enjoyed this summer DIY project. Thank you for taking the time to visit.

      Delete
  13. Steph , such a cute project. You are always so creative. Thanks for sharing at Love Your Creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Stephanie. I'm dropping in again with congratulations--this blog post is the Host's Choice from the Will Blog for Comments #42 linkup! It will be featured in the spotlight for visitors to see for the next 2 weeks, starting today. You're welcome to save the "This Blog Post Was a Featured Favorite" image from there to share here with your readers. We hope to see you at linkup #43 as well, sharing more posts (old or new). It opens Monday morning! Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, thank you so much for letting me know about the featured favorite pick. I'm excited! I'll be sure to swing by your blog and get the image to post. Thank you. Have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  15. What a sweet idea, it looks great. Thank you for stopping by to share with us at Handmade Monday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Always such fun and creative projects, Steph! Thanks for sharing at Creatively Crafty, have a great week! Creatively, Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth, thank you very much. Im glad you enjoyed this craft. 😊

      Delete
  17. Love summer watermelons, featuring you at Wednesdays in the Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute!! Thanks for joining in on Home Matters Linky Party! I will be featuring your post this week! #HomeMattersParty xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing with us, I’m featuring you when the next To Grandma’s House we go link party starts!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Popping over from Pam's Party (isn't this a mouthful) to admire this fun and summery craft.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, it sure is a mouthful! Thank you for taking the time to visit. Glad you enjoyed my summer craft.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Steps to Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home

Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company.  I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Watch the video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table:  -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights  - Reusing glass jars  - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations  - Small "Hello Fall" sign  - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could ...

Easy Autumn Leaf Wood Riser | Using Dollar Tree Wooden Leaves

  Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to stop by. I hope all is well. Today we are creating an Autumn leaf wood riser. I purchased a pack of wooden leaves and wood square blocks from my local Dollar Tree. I wasn't sure what I was going to create with them. I found a piece of scrap wood in my garage and  I figured I would create a wood riser with a wood leaf design. This is a simple craft and is great for beginners.  Video tutorial Materials One scrap wood section -The size  of the one I am using is 7¾ x 3½ Paint -I'm using espresso for my riser and red for my wooden  leaves Four wood square pieces -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree  (These are being used for the legs on the wood riser) Wooden leaves -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree I am using 6 leaves. Depending on the size of the wood you use, you  could end up using more or less Paintbrush Hot glue Faux fall floral or leaves Floral cutters Start by taking your paint and applying it onto your scrap woo...

How to Create Fall Crate Décor Using Dollar Tree Items

Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well. You all know how much I love these wooden crates from Dollar Tree. I created this cute fall decor that can be added to a tiered tray or mantel. We'll use one wooden crate and a house plaque from Dollar Tree. Let's create and decorate together! Please check out my newest link party on the  Crazylittlelovebirds  blog if you haven't already. It runs from Fridays at 9:00 a.m. MST to Tuesdays at 11:00 p.m. MST.  Video tutorial Materials One wooden crate One wooden house plaque Acrylic paint Wooden letters Any Adhesive or Hot glue Foam craft blocks Faux fall floral/greenery Paintbrushes Mod Podge Decorative paper Floral cutters Scissors One pencil for tracing I have chosen to decorate with mini pumpkins, a squirrel figurine, and an unpainted leaf ornament for the fall season. Step 1: Tracing your wooden house plaque onto decorative paper Place the wooden house plaque on the decorative paper and trace its shape with a pencil. Cut out th...

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

Transforming Oui Yogurt Jars: Creating a Window Hanging Flower Display

Transforming Oui Yogurt jars into a hanging flower display is a simple way to add charm to any space. In this post, you'll learn how to customize and hang these jars with flowers. Get ready to create a beautiful, eco-friendly display that brightens up your home or garden. Whether you're new to upcycling or just itching for a quick creative fix, this easy and budget-friendly project will brighten up any window in your home with elegance and charm. Video tutorial What You’ll Need: 3 Oui yogurt jars (or any small glass jars you have on hand) Transfer stickers of your choice — I used cold transfer stickers I snagged on sale at my local Michaels Artificial flowers Scissors Floral cutters Twine Spring tension rod (or clear sturdy command hooks) 1. Prep Your Jars and Add a Personal Touch Begin with clean, dry jars. These little glass containers serve as the perfect blank canvas. Select your transfer stickers—I opted for a floral theme because who doesn’t love more blooms? I trimmed th...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you