Skip to main content

Easy DIY Wood Pumpkin Display: Floral Fall Decor with a Decoupage Twist

 Create a stunning fall-inspired display with this budget-friendly DIY craft. Learn how to decoupage wood pumpkins and incorporate floral accents for a charming and seasonal decoration.


Watch the video tutorial




Hello everyone! I hope you're having a wonderful autumn season so far. How's the weather in your area? Today, it's breezy outside, with a high of 72 degrees, and the sun is shining. I feel grateful to be able to enjoy such a beautiful day, and I hope you do too. 
 I'd like to share a fun crafting project with you. We'll be decorating wooden pumpkin ornaments from Dollar Tree using decoupage and wooden tumbling blocks to create a pumpkin floral design. 


Here are the materials you'll need:

- Two wooden pumpkin ornaments (I bought mine from Dollar Tree)

- Six wooden tumbling blocks (also from Dollar Tree, but other craft stores may carry them)

- Adhesive

- Faux floral and greenery

- Acrylic paint (I'm using brown)

- Foam block

- Craft knife

- Decorative fall napkins (I purchased mine from Hobby Lobby)

- Floral cutters (needed for cutting your floral to the desired size)

- Paintbrush

- Mod Podge

-Twine

-Wooden beads

-Mini iron (This will be used when applying decorative napkins; you can use any technique of your choice)

Applying acrylic paint to wooden pumpkins and blocks

To start, apply a thin coat of watered-down acrylic paint to your wooden pumpkins and blocks. I recommend painting only one side of the tumbling blocks. 





Adding Mod Podge and decorative napkin

To add decorative napkins to your pumpkins, remove the second layer of the napkin and apply Mod Podge to the pumpkin's surface using a paintbrush. Place your decorative napkin over the Mod Podge surface, cover it with parchment paper, and gently iron over the paper. Once done, remove the parchment paper and sand off any excess paper. 



Adding twine and wooden beads

This is optional. Use a craft knife to cut a hole in one of your wooden pumpkins.   Then, string your beads onto twine and tie it off at the top and bottom. The pumpkin ornaments I used already had a hole in the stem. If your pumpkins do not have a hole in them, you can skip this.



Attaching wooden blocks together/Adding them to wooden pumpkins

Next, glue three blocks together and repeat with the other three blocks. Lay the pumpkin flat with the decorative napkin side down and add adhesive to one side of the stacked blocks. Press that side down onto the wooden pumpkin. Repeat with the second stack of blocks and the second pumpkin, leaving an opening between the pumpkins. 



Cutting foam block and adding faux floral

Cut your craft foam block to the desired size and insert it into the middle of the pumpkin design. Then, use your floral cutters to cut your faux floral to the desired size and insert the stems into the craft block. I used deeper oranges and reds, along with larger faux green leaves. 



And there you have it! Your pumpkin floral design is complete and ready to be displayed. I personally added mine to my fireplace mantel, but you could also display it on a tiered tray with your other fall-themed decor. 



If you try this craft, I'd love to see your finished product. Feel free to send me a picture and let me know how it turned out. Thank you for crafting with me, and I look forward to sharing more ideas with you soon!

You might also enjoy

Easy Autumn Leaf Wood Riser | Using Dollar Tree Wooden Leaves


Pin Share Save

Comments

  1. I really like this, looks nice. Thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 132. Pinned. And, let me mention, tomorrow my themed party will open for pumpkin crafts and décor (wink wink) if you're interested in linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting again to say thanks so much for linking up at #AThemedLinkup 166 for Pumpkin Crafts and Décor. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clever craft...core memory unlocked of those similar ones we made out of needlepoint squares back in grade school! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed it. Thank you for visiting and sharing your feedback. I appreciate it.

      Delete
  4. So impressed with your decoupage skills! This is beautiful. Visiting from Dare to Share linkup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, thank you. You're always so kind. I appreciate it. :) Thank you for visiting.

      Delete
  5. Stephanie, CONGRATS! Your post is FEATURED at #AThemedLinkup 167 for All Things Printable from the previous linkup for Pumpkin Crafts and Décor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks bunches Steph, for sharing this wonderful tutorial with Sweet Tea & Friends this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, thank you! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed this craft.

      Delete
  7. You continue to inspire with your fabulous eye for Dollar Tree finds. Featuring when my link party opens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, thank you. You're always so kind. Happy to hear you enjoyed this craft.

      Delete
  8. So pretty, what a lovely autumn decoration. Thank you for sharing with us at Handmade Monday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This turned out, really pretty! And it looks like a lot of fun to make!

    Thank you for sharing this tutorial at the Sunday sunshine blog hop

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie, thank you so much. It was a lot of fun to create. :)

      Delete
  10. What a pretty pumpkin craft! I am excited to feature your post at this week's Tuesday Turn About Link Party. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynne, thank you so much. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed my pumpkin floral display. Thank you for adding me to the featured posts. :)

      Delete
  11. Oh what a cute craft for Fall. I am using clinging to Summer but this year I am so ready for Fall and Fall decorating. Thanks so much for stopping in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, thank you. Yes, I am looking forward to Fall. Thank you for visiting. 😊

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Steps to Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home

Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company.  I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Watch the video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table:  -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights  - Reusing glass jars  - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations  - Small "Hello Fall" sign  - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could ...

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

DIY Mini Wood Lantern

  Hello everyone. I'm so excited to share this mini wood lantern craft with you all. I recently bought a box of wood tumbling blocks from Dollar Tree, and I wasn't sure what I was going to create with them. I decided since I also had some wood craft popsicle sticks on hand that I would use those with the blocks, and create a mini wood lantern. This project took around 30 minutes, but I promise you, you will just love how it all comes together with just a few materials. If you're ready, I'd love it if you created it with me!  Video tutorial Materials One pack of wood tumbling blocks  I purchased mine at my local Dollar Tree Ten wood craft popsicle sticks Paint  I'm using black paint, I also had some antique white paint on hand, but I went with black paint Hot glue Twine Faux floral, and greenery One medium-sized bead One battery-operated candle Floral snips Scissors Building the top and bottom sections of the lantern Start by taking five of your tumbling blocks. Usin...

Easy Autumn Leaf Wood Riser | Using Dollar Tree Wooden Leaves

  Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to stop by. I hope all is well. Today we are creating an Autumn leaf wood riser. I purchased a pack of wooden leaves and wood square blocks from my local Dollar Tree. I wasn't sure what I was going to create with them. I found a piece of scrap wood in my garage and  I figured I would create a wood riser with a wood leaf design. This is a simple craft and is great for beginners.  Video tutorial Materials One scrap wood section -The size  of the one I am using is 7¾ x 3½ Paint -I'm using espresso for my riser and red for my wooden  leaves Four wood square pieces -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree  (These are being used for the legs on the wood riser) Wooden leaves -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree I am using 6 leaves. Depending on the size of the wood you use, you  could end up using more or less Paintbrush Hot glue Faux fall floral or leaves Floral cutters Start by taking your paint and applying it onto your scrap woo...

DIY Ghost Frame (Easy Dollar Tree Halloween Craft)

  Hi everyone! Halloween crafts don’t have to be spooky or complicated, and this little ghost frame is the perfect example. I put it together with a Dollar Tree frame, a few wooden ghosts, some gem buttons, and craft paper I already had in my stash. It’s quick, budget‑friendly, and adds the cutest touch of Halloween charm to any shelf or vignette. I love projects like this because they’re simple and relaxing, and you can customize them however you want. Different colors, different ghosts, different backgrounds — it all works. If you’re looking for a fast Halloween craft that still feels handmade and sweet, this one is definitely worth trying. Watch this video tutorial Materials I used for this project Dollar Tree frame Wooden ghost cutouts Craft paper (any color or pattern you like) Gem buttons or small embellishments Glue (hot glue or craft glue) Scissors Optional: stickers, paint, or extra accents Take the frame apart I started by removing the back of the frame, taking out both ...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you