Skip to main content

Budget-Friendly Fall Decor: Dollar Tree Wooden Crate turned into an Autumn Book Stack

Hello everyone! Today, I'm excited to share with you a simple and affordable fall decor project that will add a touch of seasonal charm to your home. All you need is one wooden crate from Dollar Tree to create an adorable autumn book stack. This project is perfect for those who want to elevate their fall decorations without breaking the bank.

To begin, we'll use a decorative napkin, paint, glitter, and a few other materials to decorate the wooden crate from Dollar Tree. Once completed, you'll have a charming book stack that can be added to any existing fall decor.

wooden book stack displayed by pumpkins and fall floral

Video tutorial



Wooden fall book stack displayed near fall floral

Materials

One wooden crate

Gold glitter (Any color will do)

Acrylic paint (I'm using my wooden crate from a previous craft, so I'm repainting and adding white paint over the black)

Wooden beads

Twine

Decorative napkin

Stencil or stamps

Scissors

Paintbrush

Parchment paper

Mini iron is optional for applying napkin to the wooden crate with Mod Podge


Applying paint to the wooden crate

First, I applied white acrylic paint to a black wooden crate that I had used for another project. You can use different colors for your stacked book decoration. Make sure the paint is completely dry before moving on to the next step.
Black wooden crate, white acrylic paint and paintbrush



Cutting the decorative napkin and applying Mod Podge

Next, I cut a decorative napkin and removed the second layer since it was 2-ply. Then, I applied a thin layer of Mod Podge to the top section of the crate and placed the napkin over it. I used a mini iron to apply the napkin to the crate and removed any remaining napkin from the sides with a sanding block.
Decorative napkin with pumpkin design, painted crate, and scissors

Decorative napkin over white painted wooden crate near sanding block, and Mod Podge


Adding stencils and gold glitter

After that, I added my Hello Pumpkin stencil to the front of the crate using orange and brown paint. If you prefer, you can use stamps instead. I also added gold glitter above the decorative napkin by applying another thin layer of Mod Podge and spreading glitter over it.

Hello pumpkin stencil, wooden crate with decorative napkin design, paintbrush and acrylic paints.

Paintbrush, gold glitter, and wooden crate with decorative napkin design


Adding Twine and wooden beads

Finally, I wrapped twine around the crate and tied it off at the front, leaving a strand of twine to add wooden beads. I pulled the twine through each bead and tied it off at the last one.
White wooden crate with decorative napkin design, and gold glitter, near twine and wooden beads
And there you have it! Your Autumn book stack is complete. It's a great addition to your fall decor, tiered tray, or coffee table. If you enjoyed making this, be sure to check out my other book stack designs that use wooden crates. Thank you for creating with me, and I'll see you soon!

You may also enjoy


Pin Share Save



Comments

  1. Looks great for this time of year, I like your new creation :) Thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 134. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, thank you. 😊 I appreciate you visiting.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Amy, thank you so much. Happy to hear you enjoyed it. 😊

      Delete
  3. Visiting again to say thanks so much for linking up at #IMadeItMondayLinkParty 29. Pinned again too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Steph! I appreciate your videos too.
    Visiting today from SSPS 284 #37

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, I appreciate you visiting. Thank you so much.

      Delete
  5. More beautiful autumn decor, I love the beautiful detail you add.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephanie, CONGRATS! Your post is FEATURED at #IMadeItMondayLinkParty 30.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so adorable! Thanks for linking up with Tell It To Me Tuesday, I hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant! You'd never know this wasn't books. Featuring when my party opens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, thank you. Happy to hear you enjoyed this. 😊

      Delete
  9. Stephanie - This project turned out so cute! It's the perfect compliment to fall decor. Thank you for sharing your post on the Home Imagined Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is super cute! Gotta love Dollar Tree for those fall crafts! Visiting from the link up. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm starting to get the fall bug! Featuring this project at Wednesdays in the Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd love to have you share https://tryit-likeit.com/create-it-link-party-408/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Steps to Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home

Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company.  I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Watch the video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table:  -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights  - Reusing glass jars  - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations  - Small "Hello Fall" sign  - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could ...

Easy Autumn Leaf Wood Riser | Using Dollar Tree Wooden Leaves

  Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to stop by. I hope all is well. Today we are creating an Autumn leaf wood riser. I purchased a pack of wooden leaves and wood square blocks from my local Dollar Tree. I wasn't sure what I was going to create with them. I found a piece of scrap wood in my garage and  I figured I would create a wood riser with a wood leaf design. This is a simple craft and is great for beginners.  Video tutorial Materials One scrap wood section -The size  of the one I am using is 7¾ x 3½ Paint -I'm using espresso for my riser and red for my wooden  leaves Four wood square pieces -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree  (These are being used for the legs on the wood riser) Wooden leaves -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree I am using 6 leaves. Depending on the size of the wood you use, you  could end up using more or less Paintbrush Hot glue Faux fall floral or leaves Floral cutters Start by taking your paint and applying it onto your scrap woo...

How to Create Fall Crate Décor Using Dollar Tree Items

Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well. You all know how much I love these wooden crates from Dollar Tree. I created this cute fall decor that can be added to a tiered tray or mantel. We'll use one wooden crate and a house plaque from Dollar Tree. Let's create and decorate together! Please check out my newest link party on the  Crazylittlelovebirds  blog if you haven't already. It runs from Fridays at 9:00 a.m. MST to Tuesdays at 11:00 p.m. MST.  Video tutorial Materials One wooden crate One wooden house plaque Acrylic paint Wooden letters Any Adhesive or Hot glue Foam craft blocks Faux fall floral/greenery Paintbrushes Mod Podge Decorative paper Floral cutters Scissors One pencil for tracing I have chosen to decorate with mini pumpkins, a squirrel figurine, and an unpainted leaf ornament for the fall season. Step 1: Tracing your wooden house plaque onto decorative paper Place the wooden house plaque on the decorative paper and trace its shape with a pencil. Cut out th...

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

Transforming Oui Yogurt Jars: Creating a Window Hanging Flower Display

Transforming Oui Yogurt jars into a hanging flower display is a simple way to add charm to any space. In this post, you'll learn how to customize and hang these jars with flowers. Get ready to create a beautiful, eco-friendly display that brightens up your home or garden. Whether you're new to upcycling or just itching for a quick creative fix, this easy and budget-friendly project will brighten up any window in your home with elegance and charm. Video tutorial What You’ll Need: 3 Oui yogurt jars (or any small glass jars you have on hand) Transfer stickers of your choice — I used cold transfer stickers I snagged on sale at my local Michaels Artificial flowers Scissors Floral cutters Twine Spring tension rod (or clear sturdy command hooks) 1. Prep Your Jars and Add a Personal Touch Begin with clean, dry jars. These little glass containers serve as the perfect blank canvas. Select your transfer stickers—I opted for a floral theme because who doesn’t love more blooms? I trimmed th...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you