Skip to main content

How to Create Fall Crate Décor Using Dollar Tree Items

Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well.

You all know how much I love these wooden crates from Dollar Tree. I created this cute fall decor that can be added to a tiered tray or mantel. We'll use one wooden crate and a house plaque from Dollar Tree. Let's create and decorate together!

Please check out my newest link party on the Crazylittlelovebirds blog if you haven't already. It runs from Fridays at 9:00 a.m. MST to Tuesdays at 11:00 p.m. MST. 

Red wooden crate decoration with squirrel figurine, faux floral near two orange mini pumpkins and a candle in a glass jar

Video tutorial


Craft materials displayed on a table. Faux floral, mini pumpkins, paintbrushes, and more.
Materials
One wooden crate
One wooden house plaque
Acrylic paint
Wooden letters
Any Adhesive or Hot glue
Foam craft blocks
Faux fall floral/greenery
Paintbrushes
Mod Podge
Decorative paper
Floral cutters
Scissors
One pencil for tracing
I have chosen to decorate with mini pumpkins, a squirrel figurine, and an unpainted leaf ornament for the fall season.

Step 1: Tracing your wooden house plaque onto decorative paper

Place the wooden house plaque on the decorative paper and trace its shape with a pencil. Cut out the traced shape with scissors.

Step 2: Applying Mod Podge

Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge to the surface of the wooden crate. Place the decorative paper over it and apply a second layer on top. Use any Podge technique you prefer. I usually apply a layer, add the paper, smooth the surface, and use a blow dryer between each coat.


Put your house plaque aside for now. We will return to it when we add the wooden letters.

Step 4: Apply paint to the wooden crate

After, apply paint to your wooden crate. Originally, I was going to use yellow on my crate, but I decided to go with a deeper red color. 

Step 4: Apply paint to the wooden leaf decoration

Start by painting the wooden leaf with acrylic paint. You can find wooden leaves at Joann's or Dollar Tree.

Step 5: Attaching the wooden leaf to the crate

You can attach your leaf design to the wooden crate using any adhesive. To ensure that it sits flat, add the leaf higher up on the crate.

Step 6: Attaching wooden letters to the house plaque

Take the wooden house set aside earlier and add wooden letters. I added "Hello Fall" to my plaque using Loctite adhesive.

Step 7: Adding a wooden house plaque to the wooden crate

Put your wooden house plaque inside the crate without permanently attaching it, allowing you to easily switch to a different fall theme when desired.

Step 8: Adding foam blocks

Insert foam blocks in a wooden crate for height and flower placement. I reused my foam blocks from my faux succulent planters.


All that's left is to add your fall decorations. I chose fall flowers, squirrel decor, and cute fabric pumpkins from Dollar Tree.



Your autumn-themed crate decor is complete. It's absolutely adorable! I'm thrilled with how it turned out. Did you enjoy this craft? If so, be sure to let me know. 

As always, thank you for stopping by and creating with me! I'll see you soon.

Pin Share Save


Comments

  1. How cute and fallsy, wait, is that a word? How about autumny? Nah, neither one but it is prefect for our upcoming season, huh? Thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 126. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, haha 😄 I love it. We'll make those two official words now. Thank you for stopping by. 😊

      Delete
  2. Visiting again to say thanks so much for linking up at #IMadeItMondayLinkParty 21. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO many cute things at Dollar Tree...thanks for the tips. My neighbor just dropped off tiny decorative pumpkins from his garden, so I am on my way to Fall feeling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the tips. I'm so ready for fall. Decorative pumpkins are always so fun to decorate with.

      Delete
  4. Love this Steph! Thanks bunches for sharing this tutorial with Sweet Tea & Friends this month dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, thank you. Always a pleasure sharing at Sweet Tea & Friends.

      Delete
  5. Such an adorable little crate your created for fall, Steph. Thanks for sharing at Tuesday Turn About. I'm happy to be sharing your DIY this week at the party! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting again to say thanks so much for linking up at #AThemedLinkup 163 for Fall Crafts and Décor. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe you did all this from Dollar Tree items. It's so darling! Thank you for sharing it at the Will Blog for Comments #13 linkup. Hope to see you next week, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennifer. Yes, it is all from Dollar Tree. These days they have some cute decorations. Thank you for visiting. :)

      Delete
  8. Thanks for sharing with us, I'm featuring you this week when the next To Grandma's house we go link party starts. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing with the Homestead Blog Hop each Wednesday. You're being features this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Steps to Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home

Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company.  I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Watch the video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table:  -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights  - Reusing glass jars  - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations  - Small "Hello Fall" sign  - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could ...

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

DIY Mini Wood Lantern

  Hello everyone. I'm so excited to share this mini wood lantern craft with you all. I recently bought a box of wood tumbling blocks from Dollar Tree, and I wasn't sure what I was going to create with them. I decided since I also had some wood craft popsicle sticks on hand that I would use those with the blocks, and create a mini wood lantern. This project took around 30 minutes, but I promise you, you will just love how it all comes together with just a few materials. If you're ready, I'd love it if you created it with me!  Video tutorial Materials One pack of wood tumbling blocks  I purchased mine at my local Dollar Tree Ten wood craft popsicle sticks Paint  I'm using black paint, I also had some antique white paint on hand, but I went with black paint Hot glue Twine Faux floral, and greenery One medium-sized bead One battery-operated candle Floral snips Scissors Building the top and bottom sections of the lantern Start by taking five of your tumbling blocks. Usin...

Easy Autumn Leaf Wood Riser | Using Dollar Tree Wooden Leaves

  Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to stop by. I hope all is well. Today we are creating an Autumn leaf wood riser. I purchased a pack of wooden leaves and wood square blocks from my local Dollar Tree. I wasn't sure what I was going to create with them. I found a piece of scrap wood in my garage and  I figured I would create a wood riser with a wood leaf design. This is a simple craft and is great for beginners.  Video tutorial Materials One scrap wood section -The size  of the one I am using is 7¾ x 3½ Paint -I'm using espresso for my riser and red for my wooden  leaves Four wood square pieces -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree  (These are being used for the legs on the wood riser) Wooden leaves -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree I am using 6 leaves. Depending on the size of the wood you use, you  could end up using more or less Paintbrush Hot glue Faux fall floral or leaves Floral cutters Start by taking your paint and applying it onto your scrap woo...

DIY Ghost Frame (Easy Dollar Tree Halloween Craft)

  Hi everyone! Halloween crafts don’t have to be spooky or complicated, and this little ghost frame is the perfect example. I put it together with a Dollar Tree frame, a few wooden ghosts, some gem buttons, and craft paper I already had in my stash. It’s quick, budget‑friendly, and adds the cutest touch of Halloween charm to any shelf or vignette. I love projects like this because they’re simple and relaxing, and you can customize them however you want. Different colors, different ghosts, different backgrounds — it all works. If you’re looking for a fast Halloween craft that still feels handmade and sweet, this one is definitely worth trying. Watch this video tutorial Materials I used for this project Dollar Tree frame Wooden ghost cutouts Craft paper (any color or pattern you like) Gem buttons or small embellishments Glue (hot glue or craft glue) Scissors Optional: stickers, paint, or extra accents Take the frame apart I started by removing the back of the frame, taking out both ...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you