Hi everyone. I hope that you are all doing well. I am patiently waiting for Fall to arrive. Fall is my favorite season of them all. I love the golden leaves, hot apple cider by the fire pit, sitting out in the evenings roasting marshmallows. It is simply the best for me. Do you have a favorite season? What do you enjoy about it?
Today I am sharing a quick upcycle craft. I decided to use my glass Oui yogurt jars. I love these little jars and what a perfect way to reuse them. I will show you how to decorate these jars using mod podge, and acrylic paint. We will add faux flowers to each glass jar as well.
Video tutorial
Materials
Three small glass jars
I'm reusing my Oui glass yogurt jars
Twine
Acrylic paint
Paintbrushes
Mod podge
Decorative napkin
Faux floral and foliage
Decorative tape/Washi tape
Scissors
Applying paint to glass yogurt jars
Begin by applying your paint to two of your glass jars. Each jar needed around three coats of paint.
I used acrylic chalk paint.
Cutting your decorative napkin to size
Next, take your decorative napkin and begin to cut out any of the decorations you will want to use on your jars. I cut out a few of my leaf designs from my napkin. After, I cut a strip of my napkin. I'll use the strip on my unpainted jar.
Adding Mod Podge and napkin to glass jars
Next, take your decorative napkin cut-outs and add them to your glass jars using your paintbrush. I decided to add my leaf cutouts to two of my glass jars. I applied a thin layer of Mod Podge and gently added each leaf piece over the Mod Podge sections. After, take a layer of Mod Podge and apply it over each leaf cut out. I used my blow dryer to help smooth out my napkin over my glass jars.
I added the longer section of my napkin to the bottom of my unpainted glass jar. I applied the Mod Podge around the bottom of my glass jar. After applying Mod Podge, I took the napkin section and laid it over the Mod Podge. Repeat the previous steps when finishing off your Mod Podge and napkin section.
Adding decorative tape and twine
If you have any decorative tape, you can add it to the top section of your unpainted glass jar. I recently bought a set of assorted decorative tape and decided to add the tape around the top of the glass jar.
After, take some twine and wrap it around the top sections of your two painted glass jars. I used a little hot glue to keep the end of the twine down before wrapping it around the glass jar.
Once you have wrapped your twine around your jar, take your scissors cut off any of the remaining twine, and glue down that section.
Also, you can add beads, wooden leaves, or other embellishments to your twine.
Adding faux floral to each jar
All that is left is to add your flowers to your jar. I added a few extra napkins on the inside of each of my glass jars before placing my flowers inside.
Your fall floral decor glass jar display is complete and ready to be displayed. I love how simple this project was. It was great reusing these cute little glass jars.
I love those yogurt jars and they absolutely can be put to use for something else. Love what you did with them here! Thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 124. Pinned.
Love how you reused your yogurt glass jars Stephanie. They are too cute, I am with you, I am so ready for fall. At least I think so... I have been spending a lot of time this summer outside so maybe I am not ready for cooler weather afterall?
Wow, these are so pretty. I always think those French yogurts should have some additional use for the glass jars. ;) ha I love this. Pinning! Visiting from Tell it To Me Tuesday. I'd love to have you share this on my new weekly blog linkup, too. https://lifetalesbooks.blogspot.com/p/calling-fellow-bloggers.html
Jennifer, thank you so much. I love reusing items around my house, and I was really excited to use these glass jars. I just love them! I'll be sure to stop by your blog. :)
Great idea! They turned out lovely! I'll be featuring your post on today's Crafty Creators. Thanks for sharing & hope to see you there! Niki | Life as a LEO Wife
Super cute idea! I used to paint the starbucks glass drink jars you can get from the grocery store or gas station. They were the perfect small mouth vases! Thank you for linking up at Tell It To Me Tuesday, I hope to see you again this week!
I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!
Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company. I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Watch the video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table: -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights - Reusing glass jars - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations - Small "Hello Fall" sign - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could ...
Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to stop by. I hope all is well. Today we are creating an Autumn leaf wood riser. I purchased a pack of wooden leaves and wood square blocks from my local Dollar Tree. I wasn't sure what I was going to create with them. I found a piece of scrap wood in my garage and I figured I would create a wood riser with a wood leaf design. This is a simple craft and is great for beginners. Video tutorial Materials One scrap wood section -The size of the one I am using is 7¾ x 3½ Paint -I'm using espresso for my riser and red for my wooden leaves Four wood square pieces -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree (These are being used for the legs on the wood riser) Wooden leaves -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree I am using 6 leaves. Depending on the size of the wood you use, you could end up using more or less Paintbrush Hot glue Faux fall floral or leaves Floral cutters Start by taking your paint and applying it onto your scrap woo...
This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...
Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well. You all know how much I love these wooden crates from Dollar Tree. I created this cute fall decor that can be added to a tiered tray or mantel. We'll use one wooden crate and a house plaque from Dollar Tree. Let's create and decorate together! Please check out my newest link party on the Crazylittlelovebirds blog if you haven't already. It runs from Fridays at 9:00 a.m. MST to Tuesdays at 11:00 p.m. MST. Video tutorial Materials One wooden crate One wooden house plaque Acrylic paint Wooden letters Any Adhesive or Hot glue Foam craft blocks Faux fall floral/greenery Paintbrushes Mod Podge Decorative paper Floral cutters Scissors One pencil for tracing I have chosen to decorate with mini pumpkins, a squirrel figurine, and an unpainted leaf ornament for the fall season. Step 1: Tracing your wooden house plaque onto decorative paper Place the wooden house plaque on the decorative paper and trace its shape with a pencil. Cut out th...
Create a charming Valentine's wooden heart riser with this DIY craft tutorial. It's a perfect addition to your holiday decor and makes a heartfelt gift. Get step-by-step instructions and unleash your creativity! Be sure to check out the video tutorial below Materials One Wooden heart (Target Dollar Aisle) Three large wooden beads Diamond Gem wrap (Purchased at the Dollar Tree. Sticky backing) Paintbrush Paint (I'm using a light pink) Scissors Faux Flowers Adhesive (E6000, Any will work) Hot Glue Start by taking your wooden heart, and applying pink paint to the front surface. It is entirely up to you, but you can also apply paint to the bottom side of your wooden heart. You will need around two coats of paint when you are completely finished. Once you have applied all coats of the paint, set your wooden heart aside, and allow it to dry. First, take three large beads and apply some white paint to each of them. Set them aside to dry. After the beads have dried, flip...
Copyright 2021-2026
I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you
I love those yogurt jars and they absolutely can be put to use for something else. Love what you did with them here! Thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 124. Pinned.
ReplyDeleteDee, thank you. I loved that I could reuse these jars as well. I didn't want to throw them out. Thanks so much for stopping by. 😊
DeleteI decorated 100 with tissue paper and electric votive candles
DeleteAwesome!
DeleteSuper cute and easy DIY for Fall!! Those little jars have so many uses! They look adorable with flowers in them!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much. I love these little jars. They're so cute!
DeleteLove how you reused your yogurt glass jars Stephanie. They are too cute, I am with you, I am so ready for fall. At least I think so... I have been spending a lot of time this summer outside so maybe I am not ready for cooler weather afterall?
ReplyDeleteCara, thank you. I love that I was able to reuse the yogurt glass jars. I'm ready to be done with all the yard improvements we've been working on.
DeleteStephanie, CONGRATS! Your post is FEATURED at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 125!
ReplyDeleteDee, thank you so much. I'll be sure to visit. 😊
DeleteWow, these are so pretty. I always think those French yogurts should have some additional use for the glass jars. ;) ha I love this. Pinning! Visiting from Tell it To Me Tuesday. I'd love to have you share this on my new weekly blog linkup, too. https://lifetalesbooks.blogspot.com/p/calling-fellow-bloggers.html
ReplyDeleteJennifer, thank you so much. I love reusing items around my house, and I was really excited to use these glass jars. I just love them! I'll be sure to stop by your blog. :)
DeleteGreat idea! They turned out lovely! I'll be featuring your post on today's Crafty Creators. Thanks for sharing & hope to see you there!
ReplyDeleteNiki | Life as a LEO Wife
Niki, thank you! I'm so happy you enjoyed this craft! I'll be sure to stop by. :)
DeleteSuper cute idea! I used to paint the starbucks glass drink jars you can get from the grocery store or gas station. They were the perfect small mouth vases! Thank you for linking up at Tell It To Me Tuesday, I hope to see you again this week!
ReplyDeleteThank you. :) Yes, those Starbucks glasses are great to work with. I've done a few crafts with them.
DeleteSo cute! Visiting from Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much. I appreciate you visiting.
DeleteSteph, I love these! These are so attractive and cozy. Pinned 📌.
ReplyDeleteVisiting today from Sunday Sunshine #35&36
Paula, thank you. You're always so kind. I appreciate it.
DeleteThanks for sharing with us, I'm featuring you this week when the next To Grandma's house we go link party starts!
ReplyDeleteTarahlynn, thank you for visiting. I'm happy to be featured at the next party.
DeleteI have a TON of these little yogurt jars just waiting for the right project! Thanks!😊
ReplyDeleteYay! You're very welcome. 😊
DeleteYou have so many wonderful fall crafts on your blog - I love these!
ReplyDelete#MMBC
Thank you very much. I'm glad you enjoyed these.
DeleteOh so pretty.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much.
Delete