Skip to main content

Upcycled Glass Jar Fall Décor With Leaf Lights

Hello everyone. I hope this week is treating you well. Today we are creating a very simple decoration. I decided to upcycle a glass jar and turn it into a Fall decoration. If you have any glass jars with lids, this craft is perfect for reusing those jars.

Fall glass decoration filled with lights, and leaf and pumpkin on the top lid

Video tutorial



materials such as mini leaf lights, faux leaves, candle holder, paint, and hot glue

Materials

One glass jar with a lid
One candleholder
One faux mini pumpkin
Paint
Craft rope
Fall fabric leaves
Hot glue
Harvest leaf lights

Video tutorial




Paint, and glass candleholder on a table

Painted glass candleholder on a table


Start by applying paint to your glass candleholder.  I gave my candleholder around two coats of paint. I went ahead and used my blow dryer between coats. 



Paint near a lid on a table

Painted lid on a table


Next, take the lid from your glass jar and apply some paint. I applied two coats of paint to my lid.

Two paint bottles and white foam pumpkin on a table


Apply paint to your mini pumpkin. I decided to combine two paint colors. I used orange and red for my pumpkin.  If you decide to leave your pumpkin as is, that is just fine. 

Glass jar, craft rope and scissors on a table

glass jar with craft rope wrapped around top section


Take your craft rope and begin to add it to your glass jar using your hot glue. Be sure that when adding your rope, add it just below the section where the lids screw onto it. Take your scissors cut off any remaining rope and glue the ends down.

two craft leaves, painted mini pumpkin and lid on a table


After, take your painted lid and glue it on your faux fall leaves. Once you add your leaves, take your mini pumpkin and glue it in the middle on top of your leaves.

painted candleholder next to glass jar


You are now ready to attach your jar to your candleholder. Using some hot glue, add it to the top section of your candleholder. Once you have added your glue, take your glass jar and place it on top.

completed glass jar fall décor


All that is left is to add your fall leaf lights inside your glass jar. You can still place your lid on top, and I was able to turn my lid even with the wire from my lights. 

You can easily use this as a light display, or a fall candy jar. 


glass jar fall decor with leaf lights displayed on windowsill near faux sunflowers

Your upcycled fall glass jar decoration is complete! Thank you so much for stopping by and creating with me. Be sure to check out the video tutorial within this post. Also, I will include a link to my YouTube channel where you can find more DIY projects and fun crafts! I'll see you soon. 


Pinterest pin with imagine of glass jar fall décor and text





















Pin/Share/Save



Comments

  1. I love everything about this! You really need a shop :) Thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 129. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting again to say if you had a shop, I'd have scooped this up and bought it right away :) I didn't watch the video last time but did just now. It was so relaxing watching you put that all together! Thanks so much for linking up at #IMadeItMondayLinkParty 24. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, aw you made my day! Thank you so much. I need to open another shop. I'm happy to hear that you found the video relaxing.

      Delete
  3. Stephanie, CONGRATS! Your post is FEATURED at #IMadeItMondayLinkParty 25.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Steph, this is so lovely. I always appreciate your videos.
    Visiting today from SSPS.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Steps to Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home

Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company.  I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Watch the video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table:  -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights  - Reusing glass jars  - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations  - Small "Hello Fall" sign  - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could ...

Easy Autumn Leaf Wood Riser | Using Dollar Tree Wooden Leaves

  Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to stop by. I hope all is well. Today we are creating an Autumn leaf wood riser. I purchased a pack of wooden leaves and wood square blocks from my local Dollar Tree. I wasn't sure what I was going to create with them. I found a piece of scrap wood in my garage and  I figured I would create a wood riser with a wood leaf design. This is a simple craft and is great for beginners.  Video tutorial Materials One scrap wood section -The size  of the one I am using is 7¾ x 3½ Paint -I'm using espresso for my riser and red for my wooden  leaves Four wood square pieces -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree  (These are being used for the legs on the wood riser) Wooden leaves -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree I am using 6 leaves. Depending on the size of the wood you use, you  could end up using more or less Paintbrush Hot glue Faux fall floral or leaves Floral cutters Start by taking your paint and applying it onto your scrap woo...

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

How to Create Fall Crate Décor Using Dollar Tree Items

Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well. You all know how much I love these wooden crates from Dollar Tree. I created this cute fall decor that can be added to a tiered tray or mantel. We'll use one wooden crate and a house plaque from Dollar Tree. Let's create and decorate together! Please check out my newest link party on the  Crazylittlelovebirds  blog if you haven't already. It runs from Fridays at 9:00 a.m. MST to Tuesdays at 11:00 p.m. MST.  Video tutorial Materials One wooden crate One wooden house plaque Acrylic paint Wooden letters Any Adhesive or Hot glue Foam craft blocks Faux fall floral/greenery Paintbrushes Mod Podge Decorative paper Floral cutters Scissors One pencil for tracing I have chosen to decorate with mini pumpkins, a squirrel figurine, and an unpainted leaf ornament for the fall season. Step 1: Tracing your wooden house plaque onto decorative paper Place the wooden house plaque on the decorative paper and trace its shape with a pencil. Cut out th...

Transforming Oui Yogurt Jars: Creating a Window Hanging Flower Display

Transforming Oui Yogurt jars into a hanging flower display is a simple way to add charm to any space. In this post, you'll learn how to customize and hang these jars with flowers. Get ready to create a beautiful, eco-friendly display that brightens up your home or garden. Whether you're new to upcycling or just itching for a quick creative fix, this easy and budget-friendly project will brighten up any window in your home with elegance and charm. Video tutorial What You’ll Need: 3 Oui yogurt jars (or any small glass jars you have on hand) Transfer stickers of your choice — I used cold transfer stickers I snagged on sale at my local Michaels Artificial flowers Scissors Floral cutters Twine Spring tension rod (or clear sturdy command hooks) 1. Prep Your Jars and Add a Personal Touch Begin with clean, dry jars. These little glass containers serve as the perfect blank canvas. Select your transfer stickers—I opted for a floral theme because who doesn’t love more blooms? I trimmed th...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you