Skip to main content

3 Ways To Decorate Wood Pumpkins

 Hi everyone! I hope that you are all doing well. I created these adorable pumpkin decorations and wanted to share them with you. I'm going to take you through three different design styles for each pumpkin. This is a pretty simple project and takes just a few materials. 


Check out the video tutorial! 




Materials

Three wood pumpkins
I purchased a pack of these pumpkins at Walmart. They actually come with string for hanging

Mod Podge

Paint

Wood tile letters

Decorative napkin

Scissors

Hot glue

Twine

Faux fall floral

Wood beads

Paintbrush



For my first pumpkin design, I mixed two paint colors together.
I used my chalk paint, and milk jug and mixed it with a red acrylic paint I had on hand. I used brown to paint the stem of my pumpkin.


Next, I decided to add a leaf, and two flowers. I used my hot glue and added them to my pumpkin.


That completes our design for pumpkin number one.




For my second design, I painted my pumpkin white and the stem a light green.  After allowing my pumpkin to dry, I used my mod podge and added that to the middle section of my pumpkin.

Using your scissors, cut out a small section of your decorative napkin. 


Take your napkin and add it to the middle section of your pumpkin over your mod podge. Apply a second coat of mod podge over your napkin.


Next, take your scissors and cut a small section of twine.  I decided to add four wooden beads to my twine. I tied off a knot at the end of my last bead. Take the top section of your twine and pull it through the holes in your pumpkin. Once you have pulled your twine through, tie off a knot. Use your scissors to cut off any of the remaining twine.


Your second design is complete. 



I decided for my final design that I would use my wood tile letters.


I applied a paint color called celery and I used brown to the pumpkin stem.
After, I took my hot glue and added a little glue onto each wood tile. I added my tiles down the center of my pumpkin. 

After, I took my leaf, and floral and added that to the top section of my pumpkin.


That completes the last pumpkin design. 

I think these wood pumpkins look great on a tiered tray. You could also take a string to hang and display them above a mantel, or above an entryway. 

Thank you so much for stopping by and creating with me. I'll see you soon.

Pin/Share/Save




Comments

  1. How cute. I think the white one is my fav. Thanks so much for linking up at A Themed Linkup 121 for Fall Crafts and Décor. Shared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed this craft. ❤️

      Delete
  2. I was just getting ready to comment that I like them all but that the white one is my fav, then I saw I had said the same thing last year :) Anyway, thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 127. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the white pumpkin as well. :) Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Stephanie, CONGRATS! Your post is FEATURED at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 128!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your ideas for pumpkins decorations :) the white one is my favourite, but they all look beautiful. Thank you for sharing the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great! I love that we can decorate with pumpkins for two months!! Visiting from the Pam's Parties and Practical Tips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These little pumpkins would cheer up any room.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I use more Modge podge than anything else. I use it in collage, and as a sealer for water colored projects, and over just about anything. I even buy it in 32 oz. jars Great projects, and some very good tips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, Mod Podge is a wonderful product with so many great ways to use it. 😊

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Steps to Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home

Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company.  I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Watch the video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table:  -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights  - Reusing glass jars  - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations  - Small "Hello Fall" sign  - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could ...

Easy Autumn Leaf Wood Riser | Using Dollar Tree Wooden Leaves

  Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to stop by. I hope all is well. Today we are creating an Autumn leaf wood riser. I purchased a pack of wooden leaves and wood square blocks from my local Dollar Tree. I wasn't sure what I was going to create with them. I found a piece of scrap wood in my garage and  I figured I would create a wood riser with a wood leaf design. This is a simple craft and is great for beginners.  Video tutorial Materials One scrap wood section -The size  of the one I am using is 7¾ x 3½ Paint -I'm using espresso for my riser and red for my wooden  leaves Four wood square pieces -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree  (These are being used for the legs on the wood riser) Wooden leaves -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree I am using 6 leaves. Depending on the size of the wood you use, you  could end up using more or less Paintbrush Hot glue Faux fall floral or leaves Floral cutters Start by taking your paint and applying it onto your scrap woo...

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

How to Create Fall Crate Décor Using Dollar Tree Items

Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well. You all know how much I love these wooden crates from Dollar Tree. I created this cute fall decor that can be added to a tiered tray or mantel. We'll use one wooden crate and a house plaque from Dollar Tree. Let's create and decorate together! Please check out my newest link party on the  Crazylittlelovebirds  blog if you haven't already. It runs from Fridays at 9:00 a.m. MST to Tuesdays at 11:00 p.m. MST.  Video tutorial Materials One wooden crate One wooden house plaque Acrylic paint Wooden letters Any Adhesive or Hot glue Foam craft blocks Faux fall floral/greenery Paintbrushes Mod Podge Decorative paper Floral cutters Scissors One pencil for tracing I have chosen to decorate with mini pumpkins, a squirrel figurine, and an unpainted leaf ornament for the fall season. Step 1: Tracing your wooden house plaque onto decorative paper Place the wooden house plaque on the decorative paper and trace its shape with a pencil. Cut out th...

DIY Valentine's Wooden Heart Riser.

Create a charming Valentine's wooden heart riser with this DIY craft tutorial. It's a perfect addition to your holiday decor and makes a heartfelt gift. Get step-by-step instructions and unleash your creativity! Be sure to check out the video tutorial below Materials One Wooden heart  (Target Dollar Aisle) Three large wooden beads Diamond Gem wrap (Purchased at the Dollar Tree. Sticky backing) Paintbrush Paint  (I'm using a light pink) Scissors Faux Flowers Adhesive (E6000, Any will work) Hot Glue Start by taking your wooden heart, and applying pink paint to the front surface. It is entirely up to you, but you can also apply paint to the bottom side of your wooden heart.   You will need around two coats of paint when you are completely finished. Once you have applied all coats of the paint, set your wooden heart aside, and allow it to dry. First, take three large beads and apply some white paint to each of them. Set them aside to dry. After the beads have dried, flip...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you