Skip to main content

Wood Candleholder Decoration

Hello everyone! Today we will be making a wooden candle holder. For this craft, I only had to buy a wooden hexagon shadow box from Michael's craft store for just one dollar. If you decide to purchase the tumbling blocks and greenery along with the shadow box, you will only spend around four dollars on creating this craft.


Video tutorial



Materials

Wooden Hexagon 6" x 5" Shadow Box-Purchased at Michaels

Tumbling blocks (12)-Purchased at Dollar Tree

Paint- colors-celery for wooden shadow box and antique white for block

Paintbrush

Faux Greenery 

Hot glue

Floral snips

One battery-operated candle

Optional-gold flower embellishments


Begin by removing any screws, and twine from your shadow box. Next, apply your paint to your wooden shadow box.  


Next, take your tumbling blocks and begin to apply paint onto each block. For this, I am using twelve blocks. To start with I only painted the front of each block.



Begin to apply your hot glue onto your blocks. You will glue two blocks together. This will leave you with six sections once all blocks are glued together.

Once your blocks are glued together you can finish applying your paint to each section. 


You are now ready to add your block sections to your wooden shadow box. Begin by flipping your box over. I used a pencil and marked exactly where I wanted each block section to be placed. Once you have decided where you want your legs to go on your wooden box, take your glue, and add each section to your box.




You are now ready to add your greenery to your box. Using your floral snips, cut sections of your greenery to size, and add them to the top section of your box. I applied just a little glue and added greenery around the top section of my box.



This last step is completely optional. If you would like, you can add some gold flower embellishments around your greenery. I decided to, and I love how it turned out.



Your wood candleholder is now complete! Just add your battery-operated candle, and add it to any space!  I love how simple this was to create. And I think the gold flower embellishments look great with the greenery as well. I hope you have fun creating your very own. Be sure to let me know if you decide to create one too! Thank you so much for stopping by, and creating with me. I'll see you soon.




You might also enjoy


Comments

  1. Looks nice, I like it! Thanks so much for linking up at the Unlimited Link Party 78. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting again to say thanks so much for linking up at #IMadeItMondayLinkParty 29. Pinned again. I see a new logo over here too, how cute! You've been updating your sites, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, thank you. Yes, I did some updating on my websites over the weekend. I had a little down time and figured it was the perfect opportunity. 😊

      Delete
    2. Yep, looks nice. I'm a very observant person :)

      Delete
    3. Dee, thank you. I appreciate your feedback. 🥰

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Steps to Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home

Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company.  I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Watch the video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table:  -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights  - Reusing glass jars  - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations  - Small "Hello Fall" sign  - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could ...

How to Make Easy Beaded Wine Glass Charms

 I love creating small, simple crafts that add a personal touch to gatherings, and these wine glass charms were such a fun project. They’re easy to make, customizable, and perfect for parties, holidays, or even a cozy night in with friends. Each charm slips right onto the stem of a wine glass, making it easy for everyone to keep track of their drink. These charms come together quickly using beads, wire rings, and small metal pendants. You can mix and match colors and charms to fit any theme, and each one turns out a little different — which is part of the fun. Watch the video tutorial Materials Here’s what I used to make my wine glass charms: Wire rings Beads Small metal charms Jewelry pliers If your wire rings need trimming, use wire cutters—mine didn’t, so I didn’t need them for this project.  Choose your beads and charms Pick out the colors and shapes you want to use. I chose soft pinks, purples, and clear beads, along with heart, spiral, and flower charms. Each charm desig...

3 Ways To Decorate Wood Pumpkins

 Hi everyone! I hope that you are all doing well. I created these adorable pumpkin decorations and wanted to share them with you. I'm going to take you through three different design styles for each pumpkin. This is a pretty simple project and takes just a few materials.  Check out the video tutorial!  Materials Three wood pumpkins I purchased a pack of these pumpkins at Walmart. They actually come with string for hanging Mod Podge Paint Wood tile letters Decorative napkin Scissors Hot glue Twine Faux fall floral Wood beads Paintbrush For my first pumpkin design, I mixed two paint colors together. I used my chalk paint, and milk jug and mixed it with a red acrylic paint I had on hand. I used brown to paint the stem of my pumpkin. Next, I decided to add a leaf, and two flowers. I used my hot glue and added them to my pumpkin. That completes our design for pumpkin number one. For my second design, I painted my pumpkin white and the stem a light green.  After allowing m...

Easy Breezy DIY: How To Make Summer Coasters

Happy Summer! I'm excited to share this simple DIY craft with you. I found some cute summery napkins at my local Dollar Tree and knew I wanted to create another summer craft, but I wasn't sure what I wanted to create. Today I will show you how to create these simple summer coasters that are perfect for the season. Video tutorial Easy Breezy DIY: How To Make Summer Coasters Materials: - Round wood circles - Napkins - Mod Podge (I'm using the dishwasher-safe one) - Acrylic paint - Paintbrush - One cork sheet (I'm using the adhesive cork sheet from Dollar Tree) Begin by taking your adhesive cork sheet and flipping it over so that the adhesive backing is facing up. Next, take a pencil and start to trace each of your round wooden circles. Then, take your scissors and cut out each of the traced circles. You can use a craft knife to make any necessary adjustments.  After that, take your circles and begin to remove the back of each of the cork circles exposing the sticky backin...

A Sweet Little Clay Trinket Dish Makeover

If you’re looking for a quick, beginner‑friendly craft, this hand‑painted clay trinket dish is such a sweet project. I’ll show you how to turn a simple clay blank into a petite floral dish with a glossy finish that’s perfect for holding rings, earrings, and tiny treasures. It’s a small DIY that comes together quickly and adds a charming, whimsical touch to any space. Watch the Video Tutorial Want to See the Process? I filmed the whole thing! You can watch the full painting process here: Materials I Used small clay trinket dish acrylic paint (green base + floral colors) fine detail brush gold paint Mod Podge (glossy) This dish started out completely plain. I love pieces like this because they’re basically a blank canvas, no pressure, just play. I chose a soft green base coat to give the florals something cozy and calm to sit on. Once the base was dry, I started building the design: stems and leaves first tiny pops of color for the flowers a thin black outline to make everything stand ou...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you