Skip to main content

DIY Wood Crate Easter Floral Decoration

Get ready to add a touch of spring to your home by creating a beautiful Easter floral decoration using a DIY wood crate. Follow this step-by-step guide to make your own homemade centerpiece. I'm excited to share this simple DIY project with you all. I've been working on a few more Spring/Easter projects, and this one turned out so adorable. Let's get started on creating your very own wood crate Easter floral decoration. Happy crafting!

Video tutorial 


Materials needed

  • One pack of three decoration chicks- I purchased my chicks at my local Michaels store for $1.49
  • Moss- I'm using Proflora moss from Walmart for $3.47
  • Spring faux floral and greenery 
  • One wood crate box- Purchased at local Dollar Tree for $1.25
  • Assorted decorative Easter eggs- Purchased at Michaels for $3.49
  • Hot glue
  • Paint- I used light yellow and white for my wood crate box
  • One square foam block
  • Flower snips
  • Total  around $9
Step 1: Adding acrylic paint to the wooden crate box


We will begin with painting the wood crate box. Depending on if you are using two colors, you can mix the two colors. I used light yellow and white. Add your paint onto the front, back, sides, and top sections of your box.  If you want your box to be a little darker, apply several coats of paint. Set your box aside, and allow it to dry.

Step 2: Cutting and adding the foam block



Next, take your square foam block, and cut a section of your foam block off. You want just enough to fit on the inside of your box. 

Once you have placed a section of your foam block inside of your box, take your hot glue, and begin to apply your glue in a thin layer on top of the block. 

Step 3: Adding the moss and flowers

Take some of your moss add it on top of your foam block, and glue. Be sure to spread your moss evenly on top.


Next, take your floral snips, and start to cut your floral, and greenery if needed. Take your hot glue, and glue in your floral, and greenery. I added my floral around my moss in the back, and also in the front. 

Step 4: Adding the mini chicks and eggs


After you have added in your chicks, take two of your Easter eggs, and add them in. Take a little hot glue, add it to the bottom of each egg, and gently press it down on top of the moss.

Once you have completed that step, take your decoration chicks, and add them in using your hot glue.



Your project is complete and ready to display. I love how this project turned out, and it looks beautiful displayed as a centerpiece, or on a windowsill. 

I hope that you all have enjoyed this Easter floral decoration. Be sure to leave a comment, and let me know if you decide to create your very own.

I'll see you soon! 

Pin/Share/Save









Comments

  1. Oh my gosh Steph! So adorable! Thanks so much for sharing and your tutorial is so easy to follow. So appreciate the inspiration. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denise, thank you so very much. I'm so happy to hear that my tutorial was easy to follow. Thank you for your kind words. I hope that you have a wonderful week as well.

      Delete
  2. Just perfect for spring! I like it! Thanks so much for linking up at A Themed Linkup 100 for Spring Crafts and Décor. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an adorable Easter decoration. I always look at those little wooden crates at Dollar Tree and wonder what to do with them -- they're so cute. Thanks for the inspiration and the tutorial.
    Carol
    www.scribblingboomer.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting again to say thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 103. Shared.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness Stephanie, those chicks are so cute! I love their little hats. Thank you for sharing with Whimsy Home Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought the little chicks with hats were adorable, too! Thank you so much for visiting.

      Delete
  6. That is so cute! Those little baby chicks are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne, thank you. I appreciate you visiting.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Steps to Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home

Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company.  I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Watch the video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table:  -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights  - Reusing glass jars  - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations  - Small "Hello Fall" sign  - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could ...

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

Easy Autumn Leaf Wood Riser | Using Dollar Tree Wooden Leaves

  Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to stop by. I hope all is well. Today we are creating an Autumn leaf wood riser. I purchased a pack of wooden leaves and wood square blocks from my local Dollar Tree. I wasn't sure what I was going to create with them. I found a piece of scrap wood in my garage and  I figured I would create a wood riser with a wood leaf design. This is a simple craft and is great for beginners.  Video tutorial Materials One scrap wood section -The size  of the one I am using is 7¾ x 3½ Paint -I'm using espresso for my riser and red for my wooden  leaves Four wood square pieces -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree  (These are being used for the legs on the wood riser) Wooden leaves -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree I am using 6 leaves. Depending on the size of the wood you use, you  could end up using more or less Paintbrush Hot glue Faux fall floral or leaves Floral cutters Start by taking your paint and applying it onto your scrap woo...

DIY Mini Wood Lantern

  Hello everyone. I'm so excited to share this mini wood lantern craft with you all. I recently bought a box of wood tumbling blocks from Dollar Tree, and I wasn't sure what I was going to create with them. I decided since I also had some wood craft popsicle sticks on hand that I would use those with the blocks, and create a mini wood lantern. This project took around 30 minutes, but I promise you, you will just love how it all comes together with just a few materials. If you're ready, I'd love it if you created it with me!  Video tutorial Materials One pack of wood tumbling blocks  I purchased mine at my local Dollar Tree Ten wood craft popsicle sticks Paint  I'm using black paint, I also had some antique white paint on hand, but I went with black paint Hot glue Twine Faux floral, and greenery One medium-sized bead One battery-operated candle Floral snips Scissors Building the top and bottom sections of the lantern Start by taking five of your tumbling blocks. Usin...

Charming Fall Decorations Using Simple Terra Cotta Pots

These DIY craft ideas transform simple terra cotta pots into charming fall decorations. Elevate your home decor with these creative and easy-to-make projects for the autumn season. Hey everyone! I'm glad you stopped by. Today, I want to share an easy fall decoration idea with you. I'm reusing three Terra Cotta pots from a previous craft to create these decorations. You'll need just a few materials, most of which you may already have at home, to make your fall pot decorations. Video tutorial  Charming Fall Decorations Using Simple Terra Cotta Pots Materials needed: - Three pots (Terra Cotta or any type) - Fall wooden decorations (such as a fox, acorn, and a leaf)  - Artificial flowers - Assorted fall decorations (e.g., mini pumpkins) - Acrylic paint - Paintbrush - Burlap ribbon or any ribbon of your choice - Scissors  - Hot glue - Mod Podge - Decorative napkins - Foam blocks Use a paintbrush to apply acrylic paint to each pot. I painted each pot a different fall color like...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you