Skip to main content

Dollar Tree Wood Crate Floral Design

Create a beautiful floral arrangement in a wood crate from Dollar Tree! With this DIY tutorial, you'll learn how to design stunning floral creations using affordable supplies from Dollar Tree. Perfect for home decor or special occasions.


Video tutorial




Materials

One wood house decoration
One wood crate
Paint
Faux floral
Mod Podge
Decorative napkin
Floral cutters
Scissors
Hot glue
Paintbrush
One pop-up sticker
One craft block
One craft knife
(Most of my materials listed can be purchased at Dollar Tree)
 

Start by applying paint to your wooden house decoration. I only applied my paint on the outer and inside surfaces of the wood.


Next, take your decorative napkin, and use a pencil to trace the shape of your wood house onto the napkin.  Be sure to remove the second layer of your napkin.


Once you have traced out the shape, take your scissors, and cut out the shape.



Afterward, take your Mod Podge, and apply a thin layer onto the inner surface of your wooden house.


Place your napkin onto the inside of your wooden house, and apply Mod Podge over it. I used a blow dryer to help with drying. Using a craft knife, remove any remaining napkin around the edges.


Next, take your paint and apply it to your wood crate. I combined two of my paint colors and then applied around two coats of paint to my wood crate.



Take some hot glue, and glue your wood house on the inside of your wood crate. 
Once you have done this, take your foam block, add just a little glue onto the bottom of the foam block, and add it to the bottom of your crate.
Next, take your floral cutters, and begin to cut your floral to size.


After, take your floral, and begin to gently press each floral stem through your foam block. 
Once you have placed your floral, take your pop-up sticker, and add it to the front of your wood crate. I used just a little glue on the back of my sticker before I added it.


Your wood crate floral design is now complete! I hope that you have enjoyed this simple project. Be sure to let me know if you decide to create your very own. Thank you for creating with me. I'll see you soon! 



Pin Share Save



Comments

  1. Love this! It's absolutely adorable. I also really appreciate the step-by-step instructions for those who are a little craft-challenged like myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Penny, thank you so much. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed the step-by-step instructions. I really hope to inspire more people to create no matter their skill level. Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh you found the perfect craft for these two Dollar Tree items! I've seen both many times but never put two and two together. It's precious. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathleen,
      now you can create one too using those two items!
      I actually had to think long, and hard on this craft.
      When it finally came to me, I was so excited.
      Thank you so much.for stopping by.
      I hope you have a wonderful week.
      --steph

      Delete
  3. How cute, looks nice. Thanks so much for linking up at the Unlimited Link Party 78. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Steph! Welcome to the Share Your Style/French Ethereal family!! <3 I was really happy to feature your fun craft idea at this week's Share Your Style #354 for you. Super cute and I love that you could change the flowers for the seasons (I do this a lot nowadays).

    Thank you for linking up and I hope you have a great weekend,
    Hugs,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Barb!
      Thank you so much for the very warm welcome. I'm so happy that I found your page, and I really enjoying sharing my creations with all of you. Thank you so much for the feature. --I also love that the flowers can easily be changed out during a new season. Thank you so much for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Very pretty Steph. So romantic. The directions are precise. I am happy to feature your DIY Wood crate floral design at Love Your Creativity. Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, thank you so much. I appreciate it so much. Happy Sunday!

      Delete
  6. Oh, I love this Steph! So cute and clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm always happy to hear that. :)

      Delete
  7. So cute and creative! Great tutorial too~ visiting from My Wee Abode
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. 😊 I appreciate you visiting. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the tutorial as well.

      Delete
  8. it is pretty! I love the idea <3 PINned :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stephanie,
    This is so cute. You are so creative. Congratulations, you are being featured on TFT. I hope you stop by. https://eclecticredbarn.blogspot.com/2025/04/more-spring-flowers-on-tft.html
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bev, aw you're so kind. I appreciate it! I'll be sure to visit tomorrow. Thank you for letting me know.

      Delete
  11. Oh, so pretty!! Thanks for joining in on Home Matters Linky Party! I will be featuring your post this week! #HomeMattersParty xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing and so beautiful and will light up any room.
    Thank you so much for linking and sharing with us at SSPS 398. See you again at 399, do not miss out on a surprise

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Steps to Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home

Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company.  I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Watch the video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table:  -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights  - Reusing glass jars  - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations  - Small "Hello Fall" sign  - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could ...

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

Three Easy Candle Jar Ideas for Cozy Porch Décor

I've always thought there was something so comforting about soft candlelight, especially when it’s paired with a few simple faux florals and greenery. Today, I’m sharing a sweet little project in which I decorated a glass jar in three different ways. Each jar has its own personality, glow, and gentle charm. These pieces are perfect for porch décor, but they work beautifully anywhere you want to add a touch of warmth. I love projects like this—simple materials, quiet moments, and a finished piece that feels peaceful and handmade. Watch the Video Tutorial Materials I Used Clear glass jar Battery‑operated candle Faux string of pearls Faux succulents Faux vine Bright pink faux flowers (tops removed from stems) Yellow faux flowers Faux foliage Optional: woven mat or tray for display Jar 1: Succulents & String of Pearls For the first jar, I wanted something earthy and calming. I placed a faux string of pearls inside the jar and let it settle naturally. Around it, I tucked in a few fa...

How to Make Easy Beaded Wine Glass Charms

 I love creating small, simple crafts that add a personal touch to gatherings, and these wine glass charms were such a fun project. They’re easy to make, customizable, and perfect for parties, holidays, or even a cozy night in with friends. Each charm slips right onto the stem of a wine glass, making it easy for everyone to keep track of their drink. These charms come together quickly using beads, wire rings, and small metal pendants. You can mix and match colors and charms to fit any theme, and each one turns out a little different — which is part of the fun. Watch the video tutorial Materials Here’s what I used to make my wine glass charms: Wire rings Beads Small metal charms Jewelry pliers If your wire rings need trimming, use wire cutters—mine didn’t, so I didn’t need them for this project.  Choose your beads and charms Pick out the colors and shapes you want to use. I chose soft pinks, purples, and clear beads, along with heart, spiral, and flower charms. Each charm desig...

DIY Mini Wood Lantern

  Hello everyone. I'm so excited to share this mini wood lantern craft with you all. I recently bought a box of wood tumbling blocks from Dollar Tree, and I wasn't sure what I was going to create with them. I decided since I also had some wood craft popsicle sticks on hand that I would use those with the blocks, and create a mini wood lantern. This project took around 30 minutes, but I promise you, you will just love how it all comes together with just a few materials. If you're ready, I'd love it if you created it with me!  Video tutorial Materials One pack of wood tumbling blocks  I purchased mine at my local Dollar Tree Ten wood craft popsicle sticks Paint  I'm using black paint, I also had some antique white paint on hand, but I went with black paint Hot glue Twine Faux floral, and greenery One medium-sized bead One battery-operated candle Floral snips Scissors Building the top and bottom sections of the lantern Start by taking five of your tumbling blocks. Usin...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you