Skip to main content

Canvas Frame Easter Design

 Hello, and welcome! I'm so happy that you decided to stop by. Today we are working on a fun Spring craft just in time for Easter. This craft is perfect for Easter, but could also be displayed throughout the Spring season.

For this craft, we are using the frame from a canvas. I did another craft using the canvas frame and enjoyed how that turned out Spring Canvas Frame Art Display. If you're ready to create, grab your materials, and let's get started!



Video tutorial


Material List

  • One Canvas- Purchased at Michaels for $2
  • One Wood Bunny-Purchased at Target $3
  • Scissors, and floral snips
  • Twine-optional
  • Paint- Color choices white for the bunny, and celery for the frame. Also orange, and green paint for wooden carrots
  • Wood decoration carrots-optional-Purchased at Dollar Tree
  • Spring floral, and greenery-Purchased at Dollar Tree
  • Hot glue, or any other strong adhesive
  • My total cost for this project was around $8
Step 1: Removing the canvas from the frame


Start by taking your scissors, and begin to cut your canvas from the wood frame. I found it easier to puncture the middle of the canvas with my scissors. 


Be sure to completely remove the canvas from the wood frame.


When you are done, you should just have your wood frame. I left my staples in the frame since that was going to the back side of my design. 

Step 2: Applying paint to the frame

Next, take your frame, and apply paint. 

Be sure to apply paint on the front, top, bottom, and sides. Also, be sure to apply paint to the inner sections of the frame as well. I applied around three coats of paint to give my frame full coverage. Set your frame aside, and allow it to completely dry.

Step 3: Adding paint to the wooden bunny and carrots


Next, take your white paint, and apply it to your wooden bunny.


I applied around three coats of white paint onto my wooden bunny. Set your wooden bunny aside, and allow it to completely dry.



While your frame and bunny are drying, take your wooden carrots, orange, and green paint, and apply paint onto them. For this, I used three wooden carrots to include in my frame design. This step is completely optional.

Step 4: Adding twine to the frame

Now that your frame is dry, if you decide to add twine on the back side of your frame, flip your frame over, cut a medium-length strand of twine, and use your hot glue to attach it. 


If you would like extra hold, use an extra adhesive along with your hot glue. This will provide an extra hold for when you hang your design. Once you have added your twine, flip your frame over so that the front is facing up.


Next, take your hot glue, and apply some of your glue onto your wooden bunny. Flip your wooden bunny over, and attach it to your frame.

 Now you are ready to add your greenery. Take your greenery, and cut it to the desired size. I cut my greenery pieces into smaller sections. 


Using your hot glue, apply your greenery onto the bottom corners of your frame.

After you have added your greenery, take your spring floral, and using hot glue, apply your floral onto your frame. I chose to add my floral around my greenery.



Next, take your wooden carrots, and add them using hot glue. I decided to add my three carrots onto the right section of my frame.


This last step is optional, but if you have any extra floral, take a piece, and add it to the top section near the ear of your wooden bunny.


You are all done! I hope that you enjoyed this canvas frame design. Be sure to check out my video tutorial, and feel free and leave a comment. I'd love to hear if you decide to create your very own. Thank you so much for stopping by! 

Be sure to check out my other Spring crafts here- Spring crafts


Pin/Save/Share



Comments

  1. Very creative, I like it! Thanks so much for linking up at the Unlimited Link Party 73. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Steph! I appreciate you sharing tutorials so much. I just followed your You Tube channel. You do such lovely work.
    Thanks for sharing this tutorial with Sweet Tea & Friends this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, thank you! I hope that I am able to encourage more people to create these simple crafts with me. Thanks so much for stopping by.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Steps to Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home

Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company.  I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Watch the video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table:  -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights  - Reusing glass jars  - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations  - Small "Hello Fall" sign  - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could ...

Easy Autumn Leaf Wood Riser | Using Dollar Tree Wooden Leaves

  Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to stop by. I hope all is well. Today we are creating an Autumn leaf wood riser. I purchased a pack of wooden leaves and wood square blocks from my local Dollar Tree. I wasn't sure what I was going to create with them. I found a piece of scrap wood in my garage and  I figured I would create a wood riser with a wood leaf design. This is a simple craft and is great for beginners.  Video tutorial Materials One scrap wood section -The size  of the one I am using is 7¾ x 3½ Paint -I'm using espresso for my riser and red for my wooden  leaves Four wood square pieces -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree  (These are being used for the legs on the wood riser) Wooden leaves -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree I am using 6 leaves. Depending on the size of the wood you use, you  could end up using more or less Paintbrush Hot glue Faux fall floral or leaves Floral cutters Start by taking your paint and applying it onto your scrap woo...

How to Create Fall Crate Décor Using Dollar Tree Items

Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well. You all know how much I love these wooden crates from Dollar Tree. I created this cute fall decor that can be added to a tiered tray or mantel. We'll use one wooden crate and a house plaque from Dollar Tree. Let's create and decorate together! Please check out my newest link party on the  Crazylittlelovebirds  blog if you haven't already. It runs from Fridays at 9:00 a.m. MST to Tuesdays at 11:00 p.m. MST.  Video tutorial Materials One wooden crate One wooden house plaque Acrylic paint Wooden letters Any Adhesive or Hot glue Foam craft blocks Faux fall floral/greenery Paintbrushes Mod Podge Decorative paper Floral cutters Scissors One pencil for tracing I have chosen to decorate with mini pumpkins, a squirrel figurine, and an unpainted leaf ornament for the fall season. Step 1: Tracing your wooden house plaque onto decorative paper Place the wooden house plaque on the decorative paper and trace its shape with a pencil. Cut out th...

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

Transforming Oui Yogurt Jars: Creating a Window Hanging Flower Display

Transforming Oui Yogurt jars into a hanging flower display is a simple way to add charm to any space. In this post, you'll learn how to customize and hang these jars with flowers. Get ready to create a beautiful, eco-friendly display that brightens up your home or garden. Whether you're new to upcycling or just itching for a quick creative fix, this easy and budget-friendly project will brighten up any window in your home with elegance and charm. Video tutorial What You’ll Need: 3 Oui yogurt jars (or any small glass jars you have on hand) Transfer stickers of your choice — I used cold transfer stickers I snagged on sale at my local Michaels Artificial flowers Scissors Floral cutters Twine Spring tension rod (or clear sturdy command hooks) 1. Prep Your Jars and Add a Personal Touch Begin with clean, dry jars. These little glass containers serve as the perfect blank canvas. Select your transfer stickers—I opted for a floral theme because who doesn’t love more blooms? I trimmed th...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you