Skip to main content

Simple DIY Autumn Floral And Bead Wreath

We’re diving into a simple and beautiful fall craft that I think you’re going to love — an autumn floral and bead wreath. This project uses just a few materials, but the finished piece looks so charming and full of seasonal warmth. If you’re anything like me, fall is your favorite time of year, and you’ve probably already started gathering inspiration for new crafts and décor. I’ve been busy creating all sorts of autumn projects lately, and this wreath has quickly become one of my favorites.

With soft florals, warm colors, and a touch of beaded texture, this wreath is easy to make and perfect for adding a cozy fall feel to your home. Let’s get started and create something beautiful for the season.

Image of grapevine wreath with beaded garland and faux fall flowers



Video tutorial

How to create an Autumn floral and bead wreath

Faux fall floral, grapevine wreath, beads, and elastic chord

Materials

  • One wreath $4.99 (I'm using a grapevine wreath, and I purchased it at Michael's. It is a 14'' wreath)
  • Faux fall floral (My flowers were purchased at Michael's, and it was actually a stem bundle) $9.99, but they are having a sale. I paid $4.99
  • Beads $1.60 (Purchased at Michael's)
  • Stretch cord $2.88 (Purchased at Walmart)
  • You will also need wire cutters or scissors
Total spent: around $14

Creating your wreath


Faux floral being added to grapevine wreath

Cutting and placing faux florals in wreath

To begin with, start by cutting your flowers to the desired size. You can remove some of the wire stems to make it easier to place the flowers through the wreath without them being too long. 
Next, take each flower and add it to your wreath. You can choose to add them to the top, bottom, or just one side of the wreath depending on your preference. 
When adding the flowers, simply insert them through the wreath and bend the wire slightly for a secure fit.


Stringing on beads on stretch cord

Adding beads to stretch cord

To start making your stretch cord and bead wreath, take your stretch cord and cut around 10 inches of it using your scissors. Ensure that your cord is long enough to go around each flower when you loop your beads on your wreath around them.

Once you have cut the cord, start adding your beads. Slide your first bead down the cord and tie a knot around it once you reach the bottom of the cord. Keep adding beads until the cord is filled with beads. Tie the top section of the cord like you did for the bottom section.

Adding the bead garland to the wreath

Now, you can start looping your beaded stretch cord through your flowers and the wreath. Begin from the top and wrap the cord around your wreath and top flower. Keep doing this until you reach the bottom of the flowers. Tuck the end of your beads into the bottom section of the flowers.

Finally, if you want to ensure that your beads stay securely on the wreath, take some extra stretch cord and tie it around the bottom section of the beads. Loop it through your wreath and tie it off.

Your beautiful wreath is now ready to display. If you enjoyed making this project, check out my other DIY projects on my blog and my YouTube channel, Steph Creates-DIY Home & Crafts, where I include video tutorials. Let me know in the comments if you decide to create your very own floral and bead wreath.

Pin/Save/Share


Pinterest pin image of Autumn floral and bead grapevine wreath along with text description

close up of faux floral on grapevine wreath


Grapevine wreath with beaded garland and faux flowers

Thanks so much for stopping by!

♥ Stephanie



Comments

  1. Wow! So beautiful, Steph! I've never tried to make a wreath before, but this makes me want to for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tai, aw thank you so much! You put a smile on my face. Yes, definitely give this wreath a try. It is very simple, and beautiful once it is complete. :)

      Delete
  2. Joanne, thank you so much! And thank you for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this wreath. I love that you have added beading to it, makes it look different to other Autumn wreaths

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Natasha. I was thinking the same thing when I was creating it. I wanted it to be different. :) Thanks so much for visiting.

      Delete
  4. So pretty! I love the colors and the extra touch the beads add. Visiting from Grammy's Grid Unlimited linkup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, thank you so much. I appreciate you visiting.

      Delete
  5. How pretty! Love the grapevine wreath and the color of the flowers. Thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 135. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, thank you so much. I really enjoyed putting this wreath together.

      Delete
  6. CONGRATS Stephanie! Your post is FEATURED at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 136!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steph, this is stunning! Pinned📌
    Thanks' bunches for sharing with Sweet Tea & Friend's this month dear friend. I'm so happy you're here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just beautiful! I found you via Linda's link-up. It's so nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl, it's so nice to meet you too. Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed my wreath. That just made me smile. Thank you for visiting. 🥰

      Delete
  9. Steph, This post is one of my features for this week's SSPS, thank you for sharing with us, we all appreciate it! Melynda @scratchmadefood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melynda, thank you very much. We appreciate it so much. I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I'm excited to be featured at the party.

      Delete
  10. Awww, this goes straight to the must-do list. It looks gorgeous and I can get the stuff needed for even less where I live. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mariama, thank you! 😊 I hope you make this soon.

      Delete
  11. I love wreaths. They are actually so simple but can make such a difference to your space. LOVE this one

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! Love the added beads too. Wreaths really add something special to a space or door.
    Found you through the link party. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, thank you so much. I'm glad you like it. 😊

      Delete
  13. So simple, yet so pretty. The colors are gorgeous! Visiting from Will Blog for Comments

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, those colors! This is just beautiful, Steph. I like the beads woven throughout, too. Thank you for sharing this post with all of us at the Will Blog for Comments 67 linkup. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, thank you! I'm so happy you enjoyed it. 😊

      Delete
  15. Gorgeous and elegant! Featuring you at Wednesdays in the Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful, and a perfect transition piece as the seasons change. Featuring when my party opens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, thank you so much. I really enjoyed how this turned out. Always happy to share at your party. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

Three Easy Candle Jar Ideas for Cozy Porch Décor

I've always thought there was something so comforting about soft candlelight, especially when it’s paired with a few simple faux florals and greenery. Today, I’m sharing a sweet little project in which I decorated a glass jar in three different ways. Each jar has its own personality, glow, and gentle charm. These pieces are perfect for porch décor, but they work beautifully anywhere you want to add a touch of warmth. I love projects like this—simple materials, quiet moments, and a finished piece that feels peaceful and handmade. Watch the Video Tutorial Materials I Used Clear glass jar Battery‑operated candle Faux string of pearls Faux succulents Faux vine Bright pink faux flowers (tops removed from stems) Yellow faux flowers Faux foliage Optional: woven mat or tray for display Jar 1: Succulents & String of Pearls For the first jar, I wanted something earthy and calming. I placed a faux string of pearls inside the jar and let it settle naturally. Around it, I tucked in a few fa...

Fall Fox Garland: Easy and Affordable DIY Decor with Dollar Tree Items

Create a beautiful fall-themed fox garland using affordable Dollar Tree items. This easy and inexpensive DIY decor project will add a touch of seasonal charm to your home. Follow our step-by-step guide to make your own fall fox garland today. Hello everyone! I'm excited to share an effortless garland design with you all. Our project today involves creating a garland using fox ornaments purchased from Dollar Tree. We will also incorporate wooden mini-leaf embellishments and faux floral to add a wonderful touch. You can find a complete list of materials below. Video tutorial Creating your fall fox garland Materials  Mod Podge Paintbrush Acrylic paint Mini wood leaf embellishments Fox ornaments  Decorative napkin I'm also using a mini-craft iron  Parchment paper Hot glue Craft knife Sandpaper Adding the decorative napkin to the wooden foxes using Mod Podge To prepare the wooden fox for decorating, start by removing the bottom layer of the napkin. If you have a mini craft iro...

How I Refreshed an Old Garden Statue with Paint (Easy Patio DIY)

This charming toad perched on his toadstool has been a beloved part of our patio for years, enduring the passage of time while gradually succumbing to the effects of sun and weather. With each season, he has faded a little more, losing some of his vibrant colors and details. Rather than allowing him to blend into the background and become just another forgotten decoration, I decided it was time to breathe new life into him.  Watch the Video Tutorial I shared the whole process in a quick YouTube Shorts video called “Watch Me Refresh This Old Garden Statue.” It’s a simple before‑and‑after, but such a satisfying one.  Materials I Used Garden statue (mine is a toad on a toadstool) Sandpaper Acrylic paints Small detail brushes Mod Podge (for sealing and protection) Sanding and Painting I began by gently sanding the statue to smooth out the chipped and faded paint. It only takes a few minutes, but it makes such a difference. Once the surface felt ready, I brought out my a...

DIY Ghost Frame (Easy Dollar Tree Halloween Craft)

  Hi everyone! Halloween crafts don’t have to be spooky or complicated, and this little ghost frame is the perfect example. I put it together with a Dollar Tree frame, a few wooden ghosts, some gem buttons, and craft paper I already had in my stash. It’s quick, budget‑friendly, and adds the cutest touch of Halloween charm to any shelf or vignette. I love projects like this because they’re simple and relaxing, and you can customize them however you want. Different colors, different ghosts, different backgrounds — it all works. If you’re looking for a fast Halloween craft that still feels handmade and sweet, this one is definitely worth trying. Watch this video tutorial Materials I used for this project Dollar Tree frame Wooden ghost cutouts Craft paper (any color or pattern you like) Gem buttons or small embellishments Glue (hot glue or craft glue) Scissors Optional: stickers, paint, or extra accents Take the frame apart I started by removing the back of the frame, taking out both ...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you