Skip to main content

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

 This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor.

My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space.

Watch the video tutorial



Decorating Each Tray

My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals

For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten up the scene. To complete the look, I added two small pumpkins from Dollar Tree—one red and one orange—for a simple pop of fall color. This setup was incredibly easy, and it reminded me of how much you can create with just a few pieces you already have on hand.



My Second Tray: A Soft & Sweet Halloween Touch

I kept the lantern as the main piece because I love the cozy glow it provides. Then, I added some fun pops of color with little fabric pumpkins in green, pink, and orange. After that, I tucked in some orange florals to bring in that warm autumn vibe.

To finish the look, I included two tiny ghost cutouts. It’s a small detail, but it adds a cute Halloween touch without being too spooky. I really enjoyed putting this together because it demonstrates how you can blend fall and Halloween in a soft, playful way.



My Third Tray: Cozy Fall Colors

I wanted to mix a variety of textures and colors to create a cozy autumn atmosphere. I started with a lantern and my LED candle because the soft glow always sets the right tone. Next, I added a small potted plant to introduce some greenery and balance out the warm colors.

On one side, I placed a red textured pumpkin, and on the other, a brown velvet pumpkin. I love how these two pumpkins together instantly make the tray feel rich and warm. To finish it off, I tucked in a little bunch of yellow flowers for a bright pop of color.

This arrangement came together so naturally—just a blend of textures, colors, and a few simple pieces I already had on hand.


My Fourth Tray: Pressed‑Flower Candle Jar & Autumn Details

For my fourth tray, I wanted to incorporate something handmade, so I reused a glass jar that I had designed in a previous craft project. I love discovering new ways to utilize pieces I've already created, and this jar, adorned with pressed yellow flowers, is one of my favorites. I placed it inside a lantern, allowing the candlelight to shine through the flowers, which creates a beautiful, soft glow.

Next, I added a small pumpkin to bring in that classic fall touch. Then, I layered in some greenery, including simple branches and a few yellow blossoms, to fill out the tray and create a warm, natural feel.

This tray is particularly special to me because it combines autumn décor with something I crafted myself. It serves as a reminder that you can repurpose your handmade pieces in new ways and incorporate them into your seasonal decorating.


My Fifth Tray: Soft Greens, Pumpkins & a Cozy Lantern Glow

For my fifth tray, I wanted to create something simple and soft for fall. I started with my lantern and LED candle because the warm glow always sets the perfect mood. Then, I added a few pieces of greenery to establish a natural base—just enough to make the tray feel full without overcrowding it.

Next, I placed a couple of small fabric pumpkins in orange and beige tones. I love how these colors complement each other; they’re calm yet still very autumnal. To complete the look, I tucked in a few yellow flowers to brighten everything up and tie the entire tray together.

This arrangement came together easily, and it's a great example of how you can reuse the same pieces—greenery, pumpkins, and florals—and still create a completely different look each time.


My Sixth Tray: Pumpkins, Candlelight & a Touch of Greenery

For my last tray, I opted for a simple and cozy arrangement. I began with my LED candle, which I love for its warm glow. Next, I added several fabric pumpkins in different colors, arranging them around the candle until the tray felt balanced and full.

I wanted to complete the look, so I tucked in a small branch with green leaves. This is an easy detail that adds a natural touch that makes the entire setup feel more complete.

This tray is a great example of how you can reuse the same pieces—the candle, the pumpkins, and the greenery—and still create something fresh. Sometimes, the simplest arrangements end up being my favorites.

I hope this inspires you to play around with your own décor and see what new looks you can create without buying a bunch of new items. Sometimes the best ideas come from simply rearranging what you already love.

If you try any of these styles or create your own version, I’d love to see it. Happy crafting, friends, and happy autumn.

Pin Share Save



Comments

  1. Your tray styling is adorable. I need to get my fall bin out and get ready. Thank you for sharing.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy, thank you. I am so glad you enjoyed it. Also, thank you for reaching out to me with those amazing questions earlier; I appreciate it. Feel free and contact me any time through email. 😊

      Delete
  2. Pinned this post. What cute ideas to use already owned items to create so many different décor trays. Saw your post at your blog party#158. Please look for me there (30, 31, and 32).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, thank you so much. I'm so glad you enjoyed my tray decorating ideas. Yes, it's so nice to reuse items that we already have on hand. Thank you for visiting.

      Delete
  3. Perfect ideas! I love using trays in decorating...just keeps everything looking intentional and in order. Your pumpkins are adorable !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, thank you so much. I'm glad you enjoyed these tray design ideas. I appreciate you taking the time to visit. 🤗

      Delete
  4. Beautiful, Stephanie! I love fall decorating, the colors just pop. I think number 5 is my favorite with all that delicious color!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, thank you. Oh, yes, that is a favorite of mine as well. 🤗

      Delete
  5. Steph, I love trays, I really need to do a few for my Tiny House! Visiting from Try it Like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melynda, aw, yes, trays are so nice to decorate. I bet your tray designs would be lovely. Thank you for visiting.

      Delete
  6. Thank you for sharing with us at SSPS 431. You are one of my featured posts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Steps to Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home

Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company.  I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Watch the video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table:  -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights  - Reusing glass jars  - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations  - Small "Hello Fall" sign  - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could ...

DIY Mini Wood Lantern

  Hello everyone. I'm so excited to share this mini wood lantern craft with you all. I recently bought a box of wood tumbling blocks from Dollar Tree, and I wasn't sure what I was going to create with them. I decided since I also had some wood craft popsicle sticks on hand that I would use those with the blocks, and create a mini wood lantern. This project took around 30 minutes, but I promise you, you will just love how it all comes together with just a few materials. If you're ready, I'd love it if you created it with me!  Video tutorial Materials One pack of wood tumbling blocks  I purchased mine at my local Dollar Tree Ten wood craft popsicle sticks Paint  I'm using black paint, I also had some antique white paint on hand, but I went with black paint Hot glue Twine Faux floral, and greenery One medium-sized bead One battery-operated candle Floral snips Scissors Building the top and bottom sections of the lantern Start by taking five of your tumbling blocks. Usin...

Easy Autumn Leaf Wood Riser | Using Dollar Tree Wooden Leaves

  Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to stop by. I hope all is well. Today we are creating an Autumn leaf wood riser. I purchased a pack of wooden leaves and wood square blocks from my local Dollar Tree. I wasn't sure what I was going to create with them. I found a piece of scrap wood in my garage and  I figured I would create a wood riser with a wood leaf design. This is a simple craft and is great for beginners.  Video tutorial Materials One scrap wood section -The size  of the one I am using is 7¾ x 3½ Paint -I'm using espresso for my riser and red for my wooden  leaves Four wood square pieces -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree  (These are being used for the legs on the wood riser) Wooden leaves -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree I am using 6 leaves. Depending on the size of the wood you use, you  could end up using more or less Paintbrush Hot glue Faux fall floral or leaves Floral cutters Start by taking your paint and applying it onto your scrap woo...

DIY Ghost Frame (Easy Dollar Tree Halloween Craft)

  Hi everyone! Halloween crafts don’t have to be spooky or complicated, and this little ghost frame is the perfect example. I put it together with a Dollar Tree frame, a few wooden ghosts, some gem buttons, and craft paper I already had in my stash. It’s quick, budget‑friendly, and adds the cutest touch of Halloween charm to any shelf or vignette. I love projects like this because they’re simple and relaxing, and you can customize them however you want. Different colors, different ghosts, different backgrounds — it all works. If you’re looking for a fast Halloween craft that still feels handmade and sweet, this one is definitely worth trying. Watch this video tutorial Materials I used for this project Dollar Tree frame Wooden ghost cutouts Craft paper (any color or pattern you like) Gem buttons or small embellishments Glue (hot glue or craft glue) Scissors Optional: stickers, paint, or extra accents Take the frame apart I started by removing the back of the frame, taking out both ...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you