Skip to main content

Easy DIY Snack Box into Christmas Gift Box

 Today, I am excited to share a simple upcycled craft with you. We'll turn a snack popcorn box into a beautiful Christmas gift box using just a few materials. I love projects like this because they are a great way to reuse items around your home and show off your creativity. I will provide you with a full list of materials, and you can also check out the video tutorial in this post. If you are ready, I would love it if you created it with me.

Christmas gift box displayed near candle

Video tutorial

Materials for gift box

**Materials Needed:**

- One box with a lid

- Decorative napkin

- Paint marker

- Paintbrush

- Jute

- Mod Podge

- Acrylic paint (I’m using white and dark green)

- Faux greenery and other fall embellishments of your choice

- Scissors

- Optional: sanding block

Paint, paintbrush and box

Start by using a paintbrush to apply acrylic paint to the box. A quick tip: sanding the surface will help the paint adhere better if the box has a glossy texture. I found that sanding the top surface of my box improved the paint's adhesion. Allow the paint to dry fully; you may need two to three coats, depending on your desired coverage.

Paint, sanding block, and box lid

Next, prepare the lid. Again, consider sanding the surface to prepare it for painting. I sanded mine and then applied dark green paint.


Once the paint on the lid has dried, take your decorative napkin and carefully remove the second layer. After that, use scissors to cut out the design you want for your project.

napkin cut-out

mod podge and gift box

 Use a paintbrush to apply Mod Podge to the painted surface of the gift box. Gently place the cut-out napkin over the layer of Mod Podge. Once the napkin is in place, apply another layer of Mod Podge over the top of the napkin. You can then use a heating tool to gently go over the decorative napkin.

gift box and paint marker

Next, take a paint marker to create a design on your lid. I chose to apply dots to make it resemble snow. You can choose any design you like.


Mod Podge and gift box

 Finally, take some jute or ribbon and attach it to the box. I added jute running across and down my gift box, tied it off, and then added my faux greenery, inserting it between the jute.

gift box with jute and pine cone decorations

gift box decorated with faux greenery, and jute

And that’s it! I love how this turned out. It’s a wonderful way to decorate and personalize the box, making a gift feel extra special when presented in a handmade gift box. 

Thank you for visiting and crafting with me! Until next time, take care.



Pinterest pin for Christmas gift box


Comments

  1. This is awesome. Have a Blessed Christmas and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. Great and so beautiful. WOW
    Saw your post at Homestead Blog Hop.
    My entries this week are numbered #15+17
    Hope you will join SSPS https://esmesalon.com/tag/seniorsalonpitstop/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Esme, thank you very much! I'm glad you like it. :)

      Delete
  3. That is beautiful! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea. It turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great box find for crafting. Thanks for sharing with Create-it Link Party. https://tryit-likeit.com/link-party-it/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great upcycle, especially if you get attached to a certain box. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Amy, thank you so much. I'm glad you like it. :)

      Delete
  8. Amazing, love it and well done. I love to reuse whatever I can, ISO dumping it.
    Saw your post at God's Growing Garden: Tuesdays with a Twist Blog Hop.
    My entries this week are 26+27
    Hope you will join SSPS https://esmesalon.com/tag/seniorsalonpitstop/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so pretty! You are full of wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a darling idea Steph. perfect for gifting. I am happy to feature your DIY Christmas gift box at Love Your Creativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, thank you very much. I am so glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for the feature.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

Transforming Oui Yogurt Jars: Creating a Window Hanging Flower Display

Transforming Oui Yogurt jars into a hanging flower display is a simple way to add charm to any space. In this post, you'll learn how to customize and hang these jars with flowers. Get ready to create a beautiful, eco-friendly display that brightens up your home or garden. Whether you're new to upcycling or just itching for a quick creative fix, this easy and budget-friendly project will brighten up any window in your home with elegance and charm. Video tutorial What You’ll Need: 3 Oui yogurt jars (or any small glass jars you have on hand) Transfer stickers of your choice — I used cold transfer stickers I snagged on sale at my local Michaels Artificial flowers Scissors Floral cutters Twine Spring tension rod (or clear sturdy command hooks) 1. Prep Your Jars and Add a Personal Touch Begin with clean, dry jars. These little glass containers serve as the perfect blank canvas. Select your transfer stickers—I opted for a floral theme because who doesn’t love more blooms? I trimmed th...

Simple DIY Autumn Floral And Bead Wreath

  Create a beautiful autumn wreath with this simple DIY tutorial. Learn how to incorporate floral elements and beads to make a stunning seasonal decoration for your home. Hello! I am delighted to have you here with me today. For this DIY project, I have a simple idea that I think you'll love. We will be creating an Autumn floral and bead wreath using just a few materials. If you're viewing this project, I'm sure you love Fall as much as I do. It is my favorite season, and I have been busy creating new crafts to share with all of you. Video tutorial How to create an Autumn floral and bead wreath Materials One wreath  $4.99  (I'm using a grapevine wreath, and I purchased it at Michael's. It is a 14'' wreath) Faux fall floral  (My flowers were purchased at Michael's, and it was actually a stem bundle)  $9.99 , but they are having a sale. I paid $4.99 Beads  $1.60  (Purchased at Michael's) Stretch cord  $2.88  (Purchased at Walmart) You will also...

$5 Target Mini Wheelbarrow Decoration Redesign

Hello everyone. I hope that you are all doing well. Last week was a busy week for my household. We had lessons and appointments, and a lot of studying happened. With all of the hecticness going on, I was able to take a trip with my girls to one of our local Target stores. I found this super cute mini wheelbarrow in the dollar section during our trip there. This was five dollars, and I couldn't wait to come up with a craft to share with all of you. This is a quick redesign project; you only need a few materials. Video tutorial Materials One mini wheelbarrow Spray paint Faux floral or succulents Painter's tape Floral cutters Hot glue Craft rocks Adding painter's tape to the wheelbarrow Stary by adding your painter's tape to your wheelbarrow. I applied my tape to the areas where I did not want my spray paint getting on.  Adding Spray paint to the wheelbarrow After adding your tape, take your wheelbarrow and add your spray paint. Adding craft rocks inside of the wheelbarrow...

Easy Fall Table Decor with Stencil and Flowers

Hey everyone! I'm thrilled to show you how to make a simple yet lovely fall craft today. I'll show you how to make a fall pumpkin tabletop decoration using fall stencil art, flowers, and various fall decorations. Let's work together to create a beautiful fall table decoration that will be a perfect addition to any space in your home. This decoration is ideal for placing on a tiered tray, tabletop, or mantel, or incorporating into your existing home decor. If you're ready, let's start making your fall pumpkin tabletop decoration! Video tutorial Materials One round wooden circle  One mini wood block or wooden doll head (to be used for propping the pumpkin decor)  Fall faux floral  Acrylic paint One wooden pumpkin decoration One stencil  Paintbrush  Assorted fall decorations Craft moss  Optional painter's tape Start by applying paint to the wooden pumpkin decoration. I decided to mix two colors together for my pumpkin. Afterward, take your stencil and start ap...

Quick and Easy Fall Theme Wood Riser

 Hi everyone! This weekend we had a cold front move through and honestly, I just wanted to stay in, take naps and drink coffee. Of course, that didn't happen, instead, I ended up at Hobby Lobby. While there, I found a few decorations to add to my newest wood riser that I created. I'm going to take you through some easy steps and help you create your very own simple fall-theme wood riser.   Video tutorial Materials Wooden Square 5" x 5" Shadow Box (I purchased my wooden square at Michaels) Paint Eight wood tumbling blocks (You can find a pack at Dollar Tree) Wood glue Floral cutters Decorations I'm using One mini pumpkin cup Fall fillers One wood crow Faux fall leaves One battery-operated candle Faux fall floral Start by applying paint to your wood square, and your wood tumbling blocks. When painting your blocks apply paint onto just the front and sides of each block. Next,  take your wood glue and begin to glue your blocks together. You will glue tw...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you