Skip to main content

Floral Painted Jewelry Dish using Plant Saucer

Learn how to make a beautiful floral-painted jewelry dish using a plant saucer with easy step-by-step instructions in this guide.

Today, I'm excited to share a DIY tutorial with you. We'll be making a jewelry dish using plastic plant saucers. I had bought two plant saucers from Lowe's but had yet to use them. So, this would be a great way to make use of them. I made two jewelry dishes for my daughters.

Floral painted Jewelry dish with jewels inside

Video tutorial
Floral Painted Jewelry Dish using Plant Saucer

Materials to make floral painted Jewelry dish

These are the materials I am using: 
Plastic plant saucers that measure 4.17 x 4.17 x 1.01 inches
 Acrylic paint in various colors
Paintbrushes
Mod Podge

Acrylic paint, paintbrush and plastic saucer

Painting flowers onto the plant saucer
First, make sure your plant saucer is clean and dry. Then, use a small paintbrush to paint a few assorted flowers on it. Paint as many flowers as you like.

Small paintbrush and saucer with painted flowers

Painted white flowers and purple background

Adding a painted background
Once the paint has dried, paint the background of your plastic saucer with your choice of paint. I painted one dish a light blue, and the other a light purple.

After painting the background, use a heating tool on a low setting to dry the paint completely.

Assorted painted flowers and blue background

Plastic saucers with painted flowers and Mod Podge

Sealing the paint
Finally, seal the paint by applying Mod Podge to each dish.

That's it! Your jewelry dishes are now complete. They turned out so pretty, and I love how they look. You can store your jewelry in each dish, making it perfect for bracelets, gems, rings, and more.

Floral painted jewelry dish using plant saucer

Pin share save


Comments

  1. That is so pretty and what a great idea. I would have never have thought of using a plant saucer like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, thank you so much. Isn't it wonderful that we can use simple things to create another use for it. I appreciate you visiting and Commenting.

      Delete
  2. You are very creative. The jewelry dish is cute. #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol, you are so kind. I appreciate it. Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment. 😊🥰

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing Stephanie! And so very pretty. You are very creative. :) #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jayne, you are so kind. I appreciate you visiting and sharing your thoughts. 😊🥰

      Delete
  5. Super cute, this would be a fun activity for a children's party or camp too wouldn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That’s a great idea! That would be such a fun activity. I envision it as a create-and-paint-along event. Perfect! 🎉🎨🖌️

      Delete
  6. What a clever and creative idea! I love how it turned out, too. I always enjoy seeing what you come up with, Stephanie! :) Visiting from the Sweet Tea & Friends linkup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, you are so kind. I appreciate you taking the time to visit. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed this craft.

      Delete
  7. I just love these diy jewelry dishes! And I've got to tell you I'm impressed how beautifully you paint freehand.
    Thanks' bunches for sharing this with Sweet Tea & Friend's this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, you're so kind. I appreciate it so much. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  8. These are just so pretty xx. I would love it if you could share this at my new re-booted link party, Serenity Saturday at www.serenityyou.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This would make a nice gift. They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty Steph, you are so creative. I am happy to share your lovely project at Love Your Creativity. Happy spring.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

Three Easy Candle Jar Ideas for Cozy Porch Décor

I've always thought there was something so comforting about soft candlelight, especially when it’s paired with a few simple faux florals and greenery. Today, I’m sharing a sweet little project in which I decorated a glass jar in three different ways. Each jar has its own personality, glow, and gentle charm. These pieces are perfect for porch décor, but they work beautifully anywhere you want to add a touch of warmth. I love projects like this—simple materials, quiet moments, and a finished piece that feels peaceful and handmade. Watch the Video Tutorial Materials I Used Clear glass jar Battery‑operated candle Faux string of pearls Faux succulents Faux vine Bright pink faux flowers (tops removed from stems) Yellow faux flowers Faux foliage Optional: woven mat or tray for display Jar 1: Succulents & String of Pearls For the first jar, I wanted something earthy and calming. I placed a faux string of pearls inside the jar and let it settle naturally. Around it, I tucked in a few fa...

Fall Fox Garland: Easy and Affordable DIY Decor with Dollar Tree Items

Create a beautiful fall-themed fox garland using affordable Dollar Tree items. This easy and inexpensive DIY decor project will add a touch of seasonal charm to your home. Follow our step-by-step guide to make your own fall fox garland today. Hello everyone! I'm excited to share an effortless garland design with you all. Our project today involves creating a garland using fox ornaments purchased from Dollar Tree. We will also incorporate wooden mini-leaf embellishments and faux floral to add a wonderful touch. You can find a complete list of materials below. Video tutorial Creating your fall fox garland Materials  Mod Podge Paintbrush Acrylic paint Mini wood leaf embellishments Fox ornaments  Decorative napkin I'm also using a mini-craft iron  Parchment paper Hot glue Craft knife Sandpaper Adding the decorative napkin to the wooden foxes using Mod Podge To prepare the wooden fox for decorating, start by removing the bottom layer of the napkin. If you have a mini craft iro...

How I Refreshed an Old Garden Statue with Paint (Easy Patio DIY)

This charming toad perched on his toadstool has been a beloved part of our patio for years, enduring the passage of time while gradually succumbing to the effects of sun and weather. With each season, he has faded a little more, losing some of his vibrant colors and details. Rather than allowing him to blend into the background and become just another forgotten decoration, I decided it was time to breathe new life into him.  Watch the Video Tutorial I shared the whole process in a quick YouTube Shorts video called “Watch Me Refresh This Old Garden Statue.” It’s a simple before‑and‑after, but such a satisfying one.  Materials I Used Garden statue (mine is a toad on a toadstool) Sandpaper Acrylic paints Small detail brushes Mod Podge (for sealing and protection) Sanding and Painting I began by gently sanding the statue to smooth out the chipped and faded paint. It only takes a few minutes, but it makes such a difference. Once the surface felt ready, I brought out my a...

DIY Ghost Frame (Easy Dollar Tree Halloween Craft)

  Hi everyone! Halloween crafts don’t have to be spooky or complicated, and this little ghost frame is the perfect example. I put it together with a Dollar Tree frame, a few wooden ghosts, some gem buttons, and craft paper I already had in my stash. It’s quick, budget‑friendly, and adds the cutest touch of Halloween charm to any shelf or vignette. I love projects like this because they’re simple and relaxing, and you can customize them however you want. Different colors, different ghosts, different backgrounds — it all works. If you’re looking for a fast Halloween craft that still feels handmade and sweet, this one is definitely worth trying. Watch this video tutorial Materials I used for this project Dollar Tree frame Wooden ghost cutouts Craft paper (any color or pattern you like) Gem buttons or small embellishments Glue (hot glue or craft glue) Scissors Optional: stickers, paint, or extra accents Take the frame apart I started by removing the back of the frame, taking out both ...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you