Skip to main content

Fall Fox Garland: Easy and Affordable DIY Decor with Dollar Tree Items

Create a beautiful fall-themed fox garland using affordable Dollar Tree items. This easy and inexpensive DIY decor project will add a touch of seasonal charm to your home. Follow our step-by-step guide to make your own fall fox garland today.

Hello everyone! I'm excited to share an effortless garland design with you all. Our project today involves creating a garland using fox ornaments purchased from Dollar Tree. We will also incorporate wooden mini-leaf embellishments and faux floral to add a wonderful touch. You can find a complete list of materials below.

Completed fox garland displayed on twine with wooden leaves and faux floral

Video tutorial




Creating your fall fox garland

Materials 

Mod Podge
Paintbrush
Acrylic paint
Mini wood leaf embellishments
Fox ornaments 
Decorative napkin
I'm also using a mini-craft iron 
Parchment paper
Hot glue
Craft knife
Sandpaper

Adding the decorative napkin to the wooden foxes using Mod Podge

Mod podge, paintbrush, wooden fox, decorative napkin, and mini iron.


To prepare the wooden fox for decorating, start by removing the bottom layer of the napkin. If you have a mini craft iron, it can be used to apply the decorative napkin to the fox. After brushing a thin layer of Mod Podge onto the fox, place the napkin design side down on top. Cover the napkin with parchment paper and use the craft iron to press down while moving over the fox. Once the parchment paper is removed, the napkin should be smooth. Use a craft knife to remove any excess napkin and sandpaper to smooth out the surface around the fox. Finally, apply a thin layer of Mod Podge to the top of the decorative paper and allow it to dry. To finish decorating all of the wooden foxes, just follow the same steps as before. Be sure to repeat the process for each individual fox.

Applying acrylic paint to wooden leaf embellishments


To begin, grab a paintbrush and coat your wooden leaf embellishments with acrylic paint. I opted for an orange hue and a deeper shade of red for my leaves. Additionally, I applied brown acrylic paint to the stems of the leaves.

Adding wooden foxes and leaf embellishments to twine

Wooden foxes with decoupage decorative napkin design, twine, floral cutters, wooden leaves, and faux floral on a table

Once your twine is prepared, you can begin adding your foxes and leaf embellishments onto it. Apply a small amount of hot glue at the back of each decoration once it is attached to the twine. This will prevent the decorations from rotating and guarantee that the front side is always facing outward.

Once you have added your twine with foxes and leaf decorations, you can complete the look by adding faux floral.  To do so, first remove the stems from each flower using floral cutters, leaving only the flower bud. Next, add each flower to the twine using a small amount of hot glue. 





Your fall fox garland is complete and looks beautiful displayed on a mantle, window, or door.

Did you enjoy this craft? Please share your thoughts in the comments below.

Pin Share Save

Pinterest pin image Fall fox garland with wooden leaf embellishments and faux floral



Comments

  1. Looks cute. At first I thought the leaves were lights. You know I like things that light up :) Thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 130. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, yes, I can't forget how you love things that light up. ✨️ If you put a tree up for Christmas, I'm sure it has many lights and is beautiful.

      Delete
    2. The tree yes but there's also candles and light up displays of all sorts :)

      Delete
    3. Oh yes, I figured you had all the light-up displays as well. 😊 I love it.

      Delete
  2. I have never tried an iron with mod podge before, I think I need to give it a try, I always dislike the wrinkles I seem to get when I use it. Your foxes look adorable, what a great way to bring in the fall Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cara, this was my first time trying out the iron method and I really enjoyed it. It took less time compared to the other method I use. I was surprised at how well it works with eliminating the wrinkles. I hope that you have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  3. That is SO CUTE and looks pretty easy. I may have to try this with my boys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leah, thank you! Yes, it is a pretty easy craft. I think you will love creating this with your boys. :)

      Delete
  4. Steph, this is precious! Pinned 📌.
    #20

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great idea for using wooden ornaments. Foxes are one of my favorite fall animals. Love the woodland theme! You're being featured on the #HomeMattersParty. Drop by my blog after 9 pm on Thursday to see your feature! https://lovemylittlecottage.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristie, thank you so much. I'll be sure to drop by. :)

      Delete
  6. Very cute garland! We loved it so much at #HomeMattersParty that you're also being featured on my blog as well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allyson, thank you! I'm so happy you all enjoyed it. I'll be sure to stop by. :)

      Delete
  7. Visiting again to say thanks so much for linking up at #IMadeItMondayLinkParty 26. Pinned again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i was just clicking around on the internet -- lol -- and came across the creatively crafty link party --- decided to join in the fun and been checking everyone's links --- this to too cute! i love the little foxes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, aw I'm glad you were able to come across her link party and visit my page. Thank you! Im happy to hear you enjoyed the foxes. 😊

      Delete
  9. Oh my word, what a cute garland. You always seem to find the perfect paper napkins for all your craft projects. This will be a feature over at Handmade Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Fox Garland looks beautiful <3 Thank you for sharing the tutorial - using iron is new for me and I am going to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. 😊 Yes, please give it a try. Using the mini iron helps make the process much easier when applying Mod Podge. Also, it gets rid of the wrinkles in the napkin. Thank you so much for visiting.

      Delete
    2. saved on 'to do list' and pined :) thank you for inspiration :*

      Delete
    3. Yay! You will just love how it turns out. Thank you. 🥰

      Delete
  11. Wonderful, thanks for sharing on craft schooling sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, these are super cute. I am going to show it to my granddaughter as I am sure she will love to make it.
    I visited you via The Happy Now Blog Link- Up #399
    I linked up this week with = 108+109. Hope you will join us M-S SeniorSalonPitStop and W-S #WordlessWednesday. You will find both under BLOGGING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you. I hope your granddaughter has fun creating her very own. :)

      Delete
  13. This is so perfect for the season and twice as adorable! Featuring when my link party opens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, thank you so much. It's always appreciated.

      Delete
  14. Such a sweet idea, love the autumnal colors.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

Three Easy Candle Jar Ideas for Cozy Porch Décor

I've always thought there was something so comforting about soft candlelight, especially when it’s paired with a few simple faux florals and greenery. Today, I’m sharing a sweet little project in which I decorated a glass jar in three different ways. Each jar has its own personality, glow, and gentle charm. These pieces are perfect for porch décor, but they work beautifully anywhere you want to add a touch of warmth. I love projects like this—simple materials, quiet moments, and a finished piece that feels peaceful and handmade. Watch the Video Tutorial Materials I Used Clear glass jar Battery‑operated candle Faux string of pearls Faux succulents Faux vine Bright pink faux flowers (tops removed from stems) Yellow faux flowers Faux foliage Optional: woven mat or tray for display Jar 1: Succulents & String of Pearls For the first jar, I wanted something earthy and calming. I placed a faux string of pearls inside the jar and let it settle naturally. Around it, I tucked in a few fa...

Easy Steps to Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home

Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company.  I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Watch the video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table:  -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights  - Reusing glass jars  - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations  - Small "Hello Fall" sign  - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could ...

DIY Ghost Frame (Easy Dollar Tree Halloween Craft)

  Hi everyone! Halloween crafts don’t have to be spooky or complicated, and this little ghost frame is the perfect example. I put it together with a Dollar Tree frame, a few wooden ghosts, some gem buttons, and craft paper I already had in my stash. It’s quick, budget‑friendly, and adds the cutest touch of Halloween charm to any shelf or vignette. I love projects like this because they’re simple and relaxing, and you can customize them however you want. Different colors, different ghosts, different backgrounds — it all works. If you’re looking for a fast Halloween craft that still feels handmade and sweet, this one is definitely worth trying. Watch this video tutorial Materials I used for this project Dollar Tree frame Wooden ghost cutouts Craft paper (any color or pattern you like) Gem buttons or small embellishments Glue (hot glue or craft glue) Scissors Optional: stickers, paint, or extra accents Take the frame apart I started by removing the back of the frame, taking out both ...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you