Skip to main content

Faux Succulent Rock Garden

 Hi everyone! How are you?  I hope that you all are doing well. Today I will take you through a few steps to create your faux succulent rock garden using one five-dollar wood display box. I found this wood display box at my local Target last year and I honestly wasn't sure what I was going to create. I stashed it away for a few months and I finally decided to create a succulent rock garden. I'm using materials I had from previous crafts. I'll walk you through each step and provide you with a material list.

Faux Succulent Rock Garden Video Tutorial





Materials

One wood display box- Purchased at Target in the dollar spot. The box has plastic panels, not glass. The top of the box has a sliding plastic panel so that you can easily remove it and add items.

Peel and stick tile decal or any decal of your choice

Paintbrush

Faux succulents

River pebbles-I purchased these at my local Dollar Tree

Paint-I am using black paint 

Optional-lighted leaf garland

Scissors

Pencil or marker for tracing

Hot glue

Craft knife-optional




Begin by using your paintbrush to apply your paint to your wood box. I used a thinner paint brush to get into spaces around the clear plastic areas. I painted all wood surfaces. You can leave the side you add your decal unpainted.



Next, lay your wood box onto your peel-and-stick paper and begin to trace it using your pencil or marker. I found that using a black marker was easier to see exactly where my marks were at. Once you have traced out your wood box, use your scissors and cut out your traced shape.


You are now ready to add your decal to your wood box. I decided to use hot glue, but you can use any adhesive. I glued the decal onto the outer surface of the box since it would have been too tricky trying to fit it inside the box. If you notice that you have extra on the sides after attaching it, take your craft knife and carefully remove any of the extra decals.



After, take your river pebbles or any smaller rocks and begin to add them inside your wood box. Just add enough of your river pebbles to cover the bottom of your display box.



Take your faux succulents and start to add them to the pebbles. I had my succulents from previous crafts. The sizes range from small to large. 


Lastly, you can add a lighted leaf garland or string lights. I think that it looks beautiful and really adds to the display.


Your wood display succulent rock garden is complete and ready to be displayed. This was a simple craft and I love how it turned out. If you have any questions, please feel free and ask. Comment below! I'll see you soon.

Pin Share Save



Comments

  1. You are so creative! Looks nice. Thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 101. Shared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love this project, perfect for someone like me who cannot grow umm.. well, anything. I am inviting you to share this post with Whimsy Home Wednesday for a chance to be featured: https://www.vintagestylegal.com/2023/03/whimsy-home-wednesday-no-20.html?sc=1678289198869#c1202718302013796953

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I love that anyone can display this without worrying about watering the plants, or even giving it sunlight. :) Thank you so much for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Visiting again to say thanks so much for linking up at #IMadeItMondayLinkParty 16. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS, Stephanie! Your post is FEATURED at #IMadeItMondayLinkParty 17.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea, Stephanie! It's darling. Beautifully done. Visiting from Love Your Creativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, thank you! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed this. I appreciate you visiting.

      Delete
  6. I'd love to have your share your post with us at https://tryit-likeit.com/create-it-link-party-348/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet, thank you. I shared it at your party. I appreciate that.

      Delete
  7. What a great project. Thanks for sharing it with Create-it Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another wonderful creation that I guess I just have to feature!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That background you chose is so pretty! Of all the faux plants and flowers out there, I think succulents are my favorite. They look so real. I love this idea. Visiting from the Wednesdays in the Studio linkup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, thank you! I love succulents too. They're so pretty. Thank you for visiting.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Steps to Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home

Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company.  I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Watch the video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table:  -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights  - Reusing glass jars  - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations  - Small "Hello Fall" sign  - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could ...

Easy Autumn Leaf Wood Riser | Using Dollar Tree Wooden Leaves

  Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to stop by. I hope all is well. Today we are creating an Autumn leaf wood riser. I purchased a pack of wooden leaves and wood square blocks from my local Dollar Tree. I wasn't sure what I was going to create with them. I found a piece of scrap wood in my garage and  I figured I would create a wood riser with a wood leaf design. This is a simple craft and is great for beginners.  Video tutorial Materials One scrap wood section -The size  of the one I am using is 7¾ x 3½ Paint -I'm using espresso for my riser and red for my wooden  leaves Four wood square pieces -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree  (These are being used for the legs on the wood riser) Wooden leaves -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree I am using 6 leaves. Depending on the size of the wood you use, you  could end up using more or less Paintbrush Hot glue Faux fall floral or leaves Floral cutters Start by taking your paint and applying it onto your scrap woo...

How to Create Fall Crate Décor Using Dollar Tree Items

Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well. You all know how much I love these wooden crates from Dollar Tree. I created this cute fall decor that can be added to a tiered tray or mantel. We'll use one wooden crate and a house plaque from Dollar Tree. Let's create and decorate together! Please check out my newest link party on the  Crazylittlelovebirds  blog if you haven't already. It runs from Fridays at 9:00 a.m. MST to Tuesdays at 11:00 p.m. MST.  Video tutorial Materials One wooden crate One wooden house plaque Acrylic paint Wooden letters Any Adhesive or Hot glue Foam craft blocks Faux fall floral/greenery Paintbrushes Mod Podge Decorative paper Floral cutters Scissors One pencil for tracing I have chosen to decorate with mini pumpkins, a squirrel figurine, and an unpainted leaf ornament for the fall season. Step 1: Tracing your wooden house plaque onto decorative paper Place the wooden house plaque on the decorative paper and trace its shape with a pencil. Cut out th...

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

Transforming Oui Yogurt Jars: Creating a Window Hanging Flower Display

Transforming Oui Yogurt jars into a hanging flower display is a simple way to add charm to any space. In this post, you'll learn how to customize and hang these jars with flowers. Get ready to create a beautiful, eco-friendly display that brightens up your home or garden. Whether you're new to upcycling or just itching for a quick creative fix, this easy and budget-friendly project will brighten up any window in your home with elegance and charm. Video tutorial What You’ll Need: 3 Oui yogurt jars (or any small glass jars you have on hand) Transfer stickers of your choice — I used cold transfer stickers I snagged on sale at my local Michaels Artificial flowers Scissors Floral cutters Twine Spring tension rod (or clear sturdy command hooks) 1. Prep Your Jars and Add a Personal Touch Begin with clean, dry jars. These little glass containers serve as the perfect blank canvas. Select your transfer stickers—I opted for a floral theme because who doesn’t love more blooms? I trimmed th...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you