Skip to main content

Wood Slice Winter Scenery Décor

Hello there! I hope you're doing well. If you want to spruce up your holiday home decor, I've got just the thing for you - a charming Wood Slice Winter Scenery Décor. In this tutorial, I'll show you how to create a stunning winter scenery display using just one wood slice from Dollar Tree. You'll need a few other materials like a miniature truck and camper ornaments, which you can easily get from Walmart. If you're like me, you might already have them on hand. So, let's get started and create this craft together!

Winter wood slice decoration with faux snow, holiday foliage, mini white truck and red camper

Video tutorial



Materials, such as wood slice, mini truck ornaments, glue spray, and paint

🌟Materials needed🌟 One wood slice-Purchased this particular one at Dollar Tree Mini truck and camper ornaments - These are from Walmart Faux Holiday greenery White acrylic paint The faux snow package is from Dollar Tree Scissors Hot glue, or any other adhesive
Spray glue
Optional- one battery-operated tealight candle


Wood slice, paintbrush and acrylic paint

Begin by removing any of the twine, or rope from your wood slice. The wood slice I purchased was actually meant for hanging. I used my scissors and removed the rope. If yours does not come with any rope, you are good to go. After, take your white acrylic paint, and apply your paint over the top of your wood surface. I applied one coat of paint. 

Painted white wood slice with holiday foliage

Be sure that your paint is completely dry. After, take your winter greenery, and begin to add it to your wood. Take your hot glue, add it to your wood, and add your greenery.

Painted wood slice with holiday foliage, spray glue, and faux snow

After, take your spray glue, and begin to spray the painted surface of your wood. I sprayed on a thin layer of my glue. If you do not have spray glue, any multi-purpose/all-purpose glue would also work. Such as clear gel tacky glue, Elmer's craft glue, and a few others that dry clear.


Painted white wood slice, foliage, and faux snow

After adding your glue to your wood, take your faux snow, and begin to sprinkle a layer over your glue.

Hand holding mini truck ornament above winter wood slice decor

You are now ready to add on your mini truck and camper. I started off using hot glue when I added my truck and camper. I noticed it was not the best adhesive when adding them over my faux snow. If you encounter this, I would suggest using another bonding adhesive, such as E6000.


Winter wood slice decoration with faux snow, holiday foliage, mini white truck and red camper

Winter wood slice decoration with faux snow, holiday foliage, mini white truck and red camper

Your winter scenery is complete and ready to be displayed. I love how simple this was to create. If you would like, you could add a battery-operated tealight candle for some added glow. Thank you so much for stopping by, and creating with me. I appreciate all of you!  

Pin Share Save

Pinterest pin showing Winter wood slice decoration with faux snow, holiday foliage, mini white truck and red camper



Comments

  1. Oh, how cute! Thanks so much for linking up at A Themed Linkup 131 for Christmas Crafts and Décor. Shared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! What a great idea. Thanks for joining us at the Home Imagined party today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph, this is so sweet! I'm fairly new to crafting. But this sounds like something I'd like to try. I appreciate you sharing this tutorial with Sweet Tea & Friends this month my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet, you've put it all together so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So effective, and gorgeous.
    I visited you via Whimsy Home Wednesday Blog Link Party No. 53
    I linked up this week with = 13+14. Come and join us Mon - Saturday at SeniorSalonPitStop. You will find the linkup information under BLOGGING.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww, this is so sweet :) It's like a small cute 3D vision board, although I'd rather see some palm trees and dolphins around my dream camper. Just in case if it comes true :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mariama, I love that vision board of yours! :) Thank you for visiting.

      Delete
  7. Love your mini winter scene on a wood slice decoration! Absolutely adorable, and easy to place and store as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

Fall Fox Garland: Easy and Affordable DIY Decor with Dollar Tree Items

Create a beautiful fall-themed fox garland using affordable Dollar Tree items. This easy and inexpensive DIY decor project will add a touch of seasonal charm to your home. Follow our step-by-step guide to make your own fall fox garland today. Hello everyone! I'm excited to share an effortless garland design with you all. Our project today involves creating a garland using fox ornaments purchased from Dollar Tree. We will also incorporate wooden mini-leaf embellishments and faux floral to add a wonderful touch. You can find a complete list of materials below. Video tutorial Creating your fall fox garland Materials  Mod Podge Paintbrush Acrylic paint Mini wood leaf embellishments Fox ornaments  Decorative napkin I'm also using a mini-craft iron  Parchment paper Hot glue Craft knife Sandpaper Adding the decorative napkin to the wooden foxes using Mod Podge To prepare the wooden fox for decorating, start by removing the bottom layer of the napkin. If you have a mini craft iro...

Three Easy Candle Jar Ideas for Cozy Porch Décor

I've always thought there was something so comforting about soft candlelight, especially when it’s paired with a few simple faux florals and greenery. Today, I’m sharing a sweet little project in which I decorated a glass jar in three different ways. Each jar has its own personality, glow, and gentle charm. These pieces are perfect for porch décor, but they work beautifully anywhere you want to add a touch of warmth. I love projects like this—simple materials, quiet moments, and a finished piece that feels peaceful and handmade. Watch the Video Tutorial Materials I Used Clear glass jar Battery‑operated candle Faux string of pearls Faux succulents Faux vine Bright pink faux flowers (tops removed from stems) Yellow faux flowers Faux foliage Optional: woven mat or tray for display Jar 1: Succulents & String of Pearls For the first jar, I wanted something earthy and calming. I placed a faux string of pearls inside the jar and let it settle naturally. Around it, I tucked in a few fa...

DIY Ghost Frame (Easy Dollar Tree Halloween Craft)

  Hi everyone! Halloween crafts don’t have to be spooky or complicated, and this little ghost frame is the perfect example. I put it together with a Dollar Tree frame, a few wooden ghosts, some gem buttons, and craft paper I already had in my stash. It’s quick, budget‑friendly, and adds the cutest touch of Halloween charm to any shelf or vignette. I love projects like this because they’re simple and relaxing, and you can customize them however you want. Different colors, different ghosts, different backgrounds — it all works. If you’re looking for a fast Halloween craft that still feels handmade and sweet, this one is definitely worth trying. Watch this video tutorial Materials I used for this project Dollar Tree frame Wooden ghost cutouts Craft paper (any color or pattern you like) Gem buttons or small embellishments Glue (hot glue or craft glue) Scissors Optional: stickers, paint, or extra accents Take the frame apart I started by removing the back of the frame, taking out both ...

DIY Magnetic Faux Succulent & Floral Lids — Upcycled Fridge Accent

I created these magnetic faux succulent and floral lids using some metal jar tops that I had saved. With a little creativity, they transformed into charming, lightweight accents that add a pop of color and personality to the fridge. Each lid features its own tiny arrangement—part succulent and part floral—all crafted with intention and charm. This project is easy and budget-friendly, allowing you to use items you already have while adding a lovely touch to your home. Watch the Video Tutorial Quick Video Tutorial Materials Metal jar lids (one large, one small) Letter beads (to spell LOVE ) Faux moss Faux succulents Faux vines Faux flowers (pink, green foliage, white accents) Hot glue gun and glue sticks Magnets I began with the larger metal lid, attaching small letter beads to spell out LOVE . This created a meaningful little focal point and set the tone for the rest of the design. Next, I glued a layer of faux moss along the bottom of the lid. The moss added softness and h...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you