Easy Autumn Leaf Wood Riser | Using Dollar Tree Wooden Leaves
Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to stop by. I hope all is well. Today we are creating an Autumn leaf wood riser. I purchased a pack of wooden leaves and wood square blocks from my local Dollar Tree. I wasn't sure what I was going to create with them. I found a piece of scrap wood in my garage and I figured I would create a wood riser with a wood leaf design. This is a simple craft and is great for beginners.
Video tutorial
Materials
One scrap wood section -The size of the one I am using is 7¾ x 3½
Paint-I'm using espresso for my riser and red for my wooden leaves
Four wood square pieces-Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree (These are being used for the legs on the wood riser)
Wooden leaves-Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree
I am using 6 leaves. Depending on the size of the wood you use, you could end up using more or less
Paintbrush
Hot glue
Faux fall floral or leaves
Floral cutters
Start by taking your paint and applying it onto your scrap wood and wood square pieces. Set them aside and allow them to completely dry.
Next, take your wooden leaves and apply paint to the front and back sides of each leaf. Allow each leaf to fully dry. If you are wanting to cover the holes on each leaf, you could use some wood putty. Add your wood putty before painting, gently sand it and then apply your paint.
After, take your wood square pieces and begin to glue them onto the bottom of your wood section. Apply just a little hot glue onto each square piece. Add them to each corner of your wood section.
Take your wooden leaves and begin to glue them around your wood riser.
You are now ready to add your floral. I decided to add my faux Autumn leaves to my wood riser. I used my floral cutters and cut off three sections of my leaves. I placed my candles onto my wood riser and then added my leaves around them.
Your Autumn fall leaf wood riser is complete. This makes a perfect centerpiece. You can add candles, or a smaller vase with flowers. Thank you so much for stopping by and creating with me. I'll see you soon.
Pat, thank you so much! I really appreciate you stopping by. Yes, definitely check out your Dollar store. I am sure you will be able to find some wooden leaves.
Oh my gosh, that's lovely. You do such lovely work. I love Dollar Tree for craft supplies. Thank you bunches for sharing this with Sweet Tea & Friends this month my friend.
Fantastic and oh so beautiful centerpiece. Love the wooden leaves Thank you for sharing your links with us at #286 SSPS Linky. See you again next week.
You certainly have caught the essence of fall with this candle wood riser! Those leaves are like the sun streaming in on the most spectacular fall tree bursting at the seams! Beautiful! Featured you this weekend on New Upcycle Ideas 850!
I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!
Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company. I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Watch the video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table: -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights - Reusing glass jars - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations - Small "Hello Fall" sign - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could ...
This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...
Hello everyone. I'm so excited to share this mini wood lantern craft with you all. I recently bought a box of wood tumbling blocks from Dollar Tree, and I wasn't sure what I was going to create with them. I decided since I also had some wood craft popsicle sticks on hand that I would use those with the blocks, and create a mini wood lantern. This project took around 30 minutes, but I promise you, you will just love how it all comes together with just a few materials. If you're ready, I'd love it if you created it with me! Video tutorial Materials One pack of wood tumbling blocks I purchased mine at my local Dollar Tree Ten wood craft popsicle sticks Paint I'm using black paint, I also had some antique white paint on hand, but I went with black paint Hot glue Twine Faux floral, and greenery One medium-sized bead One battery-operated candle Floral snips Scissors Building the top and bottom sections of the lantern Start by taking five of your tumbling blocks. Usin...
Hi everyone! Halloween crafts don’t have to be spooky or complicated, and this little ghost frame is the perfect example. I put it together with a Dollar Tree frame, a few wooden ghosts, some gem buttons, and craft paper I already had in my stash. It’s quick, budget‑friendly, and adds the cutest touch of Halloween charm to any shelf or vignette. I love projects like this because they’re simple and relaxing, and you can customize them however you want. Different colors, different ghosts, different backgrounds — it all works. If you’re looking for a fast Halloween craft that still feels handmade and sweet, this one is definitely worth trying. Watch this video tutorial Materials I used for this project Dollar Tree frame Wooden ghost cutouts Craft paper (any color or pattern you like) Gem buttons or small embellishments Glue (hot glue or craft glue) Scissors Optional: stickers, paint, or extra accents Take the frame apart I started by removing the back of the frame, taking out both ...
Copyright 2021-2026
I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you
Your centerpiece is lovely and festive! I will need to check out my local Dollar Street Store
ReplyDeletePat, thank you so much! I really appreciate you stopping by. Yes, definitely check out your Dollar store. I am sure you will be able to find some wooden leaves.
DeleteWhat's a lovely Autumn decoration! So very creative!
ReplyDeleteYou're most welcome to join me in a cuppa at Tea With Jennifer 😊
Jennifer, thank you so much. I appreciate you stopping by. --I'll be sure to stop by.
DeleteOh my gosh, that's lovely. You do such lovely work. I love Dollar Tree for craft supplies.
ReplyDeleteThank you bunches for sharing this with Sweet Tea & Friends this month my friend.
Paula, thank you so much. I always enjoy sharing on sweet tea and friends. Thank you for stopping by.
DeleteOh, I love it, looks nice. Thanks so much for linking up at the Unlimited Link Party 85. Shared.
ReplyDeleteDee, thank you!
DeleteSuch a lovely idea made from such simple materials. Thanks for sharing with us at Handmade Monday :-)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much. I love that it was also made with simple materials. :)
DeleteCONGRATS Stephanie! Your post is FEATURED at the Unlimited Link Party 86!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!
DeleteSuper cute, Stephanie!! Love those wood leaves!!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! :)
DeleteFantastic and oh so beautiful centerpiece. Love the wooden leaves
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your links with us at #286 SSPS Linky. See you again next week.
Thank you so much! I appreciate you visiting.
DeleteSo simple and pretty! Featuring you at Wednesdays in the Studio!
ReplyDeleteAnother wonderful creation! Featuring when my link party opens!
ReplyDeleteCarol, thank you 😊
DeleteYou certainly have caught the essence of fall with this candle wood riser! Those leaves are like the sun streaming in on the most spectacular fall tree bursting at the seams! Beautiful! Featured you this weekend on New Upcycle Ideas 850!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much; I appreciate your kind words, and it is always nice being featured at your party. Take care.
Delete