Skip to main content

Upgrade and decorate five dollar Target wire shelving

Hello everyone! I'm thrilled to share a recent project I worked on. We took a $5 wire shelving from Target and made a simple upgrade by decorating it. Additionally, we added a basic shelf using craft popsicle sticks.

Video tutorial




Materials needed


One wire shelving -I purchased this at Target for five dollars in the dollar spot.

Jumbo craft popsicle sticks- you will only need three
Craft gems
One round wooden circle
Hot glue
Paint


Decorations for your wire shelving
Faux succulents
Faux vines
Craft butterflies
One small  pot
One glass candle jar
One-operated candle




Begin by applying paint to the bottom wood board on your wire shelving.




Next, take your three craft popsicle sticks and apply your paint onto each stick.


Once you have applied your paint, take each stick and begin to add it to the wire openings.


Add a little hot glue to keep each craft stick in place.


You are now ready to add your faux vines. Take some hot glue and add each vine from the top section of your wire shelving.


Next, take your faux plants and begin to cut them to size. After cutting them to size, add them to your pot. 



Take any other plants, and add them to the top shelf. I used some hot glue and added a succulent flower on the top shelf I created, and I also added a flower on the bottom wood section as well.


Now, apply some paint onto your wood circle. For this, I am using a color called berry. 


Next, using glue, add your craft gems around your painted wood circle. 


Take your glass candle jar, and place your battery-operated candle inside your jar. Next, place your jar on top of your decorated wood circle, and place it on the inside bottom wood section.


Take your craft butterflies, and using glue, add them to your shelf. I just used a little hot glue and added my butterflies on the top, side, and front of my wire shelving. 


Your wire shelving is now complete. I love how easy it was to add that extra shelf, and decorating this was as simple as well. I had all of my materials on hand, and I just purchased the wire shelving. Such a simple and quick project. I hope you enjoyed it! Thank you so much for creating with me. I'll see you soon.

Comments

  1. How cute is that? Thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 116. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, thank you. :) I forget about some of my older crafts. Always happy to share at your party.

      Delete
  2. That is a cute little shelf! You made it look so pretty. Visiting from Craft Schooling Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sweet vignette.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always amazed at people like you and your creativity.
    Thank you so much for visiting, linking up with me at TFT 768. See you on Thursday again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Esme, aw--you're so kind, and I truly appreciate it. Thank you. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

Three Easy Candle Jar Ideas for Cozy Porch Décor

I've always thought there was something so comforting about soft candlelight, especially when it’s paired with a few simple faux florals and greenery. Today, I’m sharing a sweet little project in which I decorated a glass jar in three different ways. Each jar has its own personality, glow, and gentle charm. These pieces are perfect for porch décor, but they work beautifully anywhere you want to add a touch of warmth. I love projects like this—simple materials, quiet moments, and a finished piece that feels peaceful and handmade. Watch the Video Tutorial Materials I Used Clear glass jar Battery‑operated candle Faux string of pearls Faux succulents Faux vine Bright pink faux flowers (tops removed from stems) Yellow faux flowers Faux foliage Optional: woven mat or tray for display Jar 1: Succulents & String of Pearls For the first jar, I wanted something earthy and calming. I placed a faux string of pearls inside the jar and let it settle naturally. Around it, I tucked in a few fa...

Easy Steps to Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home

Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company.  I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Watch the video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table:  -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights  - Reusing glass jars  - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations  - Small "Hello Fall" sign  - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could ...

DIY Ghost Frame (Easy Dollar Tree Halloween Craft)

  Hi everyone! Halloween crafts don’t have to be spooky or complicated, and this little ghost frame is the perfect example. I put it together with a Dollar Tree frame, a few wooden ghosts, some gem buttons, and craft paper I already had in my stash. It’s quick, budget‑friendly, and adds the cutest touch of Halloween charm to any shelf or vignette. I love projects like this because they’re simple and relaxing, and you can customize them however you want. Different colors, different ghosts, different backgrounds — it all works. If you’re looking for a fast Halloween craft that still feels handmade and sweet, this one is definitely worth trying. Watch this video tutorial Materials I used for this project Dollar Tree frame Wooden ghost cutouts Craft paper (any color or pattern you like) Gem buttons or small embellishments Glue (hot glue or craft glue) Scissors Optional: stickers, paint, or extra accents Take the frame apart I started by removing the back of the frame, taking out both ...

Fall Fox Garland: Easy and Affordable DIY Decor with Dollar Tree Items

Create a beautiful fall-themed fox garland using affordable Dollar Tree items. This easy and inexpensive DIY decor project will add a touch of seasonal charm to your home. Follow our step-by-step guide to make your own fall fox garland today. Hello everyone! I'm excited to share an effortless garland design with you all. Our project today involves creating a garland using fox ornaments purchased from Dollar Tree. We will also incorporate wooden mini-leaf embellishments and faux floral to add a wonderful touch. You can find a complete list of materials below. Video tutorial Creating your fall fox garland Materials  Mod Podge Paintbrush Acrylic paint Mini wood leaf embellishments Fox ornaments  Decorative napkin I'm also using a mini-craft iron  Parchment paper Hot glue Craft knife Sandpaper Adding the decorative napkin to the wooden foxes using Mod Podge To prepare the wooden fox for decorating, start by removing the bottom layer of the napkin. If you have a mini craft iro...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you