Skip to main content

Three Easy Mason Jar Designs

 Hello! Today we'll be making three designs for mason jars. This project is quite simple and requires only one mason jar. We'll create three themes - a star/4th of July theme, a succulent theme, and a summer floral theme. For this craft, I had everything except for my decorative buttons. I managed to find two packs of decorative buttons at my local Walmart - one had cacti designs, and the other had floral designs. I'll take you through each step of how I used these buttons for the project.

 

Video tutorial



Materials 

One mason jar- You will only need one jar for this project

Foam block- We are using three sections from the foam block. 

Craft knife- Used for cutting the foam block if not already cut into sections

Hot glue

Paint brushes

Decorative buttons, or any other decorative item

Floral

Paint- I'm using chalk paint on my mason jar. You will also need paint for your wooden stars if you are using them.

Twine

Optional-Foam stars

Creating your Star/4th of July design


Start by applying your paint onto your glass jar. I decided to use chalk paint since I always have better luck applying it to glass surfaces.  Apply a few coats, and allow it to fully dry.


Next, take your wooden stars, and apply your paint onto each star. I decided to go with red, white, and blue.


After, take your twine, and begin to glue your stars onto your twine. I spaced them just a little, and once I was done, I took my twine and tied it around my glass jar.  Be sure to not tie your twine too tight. 


Next, take your foam block, and cut a section of your block off. I used a longer foam block. Add your foam block into your jar, and begin to add your floral. For this, I used some red, and white faux floral. I also added some foam stars.

Creating your summer floral theme and succulent theme



Take each of your buttons, and begin to add them to your twine. You will do this for both your floral, and cacti. I used hot glue to add them onto my twine. Repeat the steps we previously did when tying the twine around the glass jar. Be sure to not tie it too tight. You want to be able to change the design, and easily slip each decoration off of your glass jar. 


Once you have added your buttons, take your floral snips, and begin to cut your floral, and succulents. Now you can take two new foam blocks, and begin to add in your floral, and succulents. I decided to use three foam blocks, one for each design because I found that it was easy to just remove the floral, and add the new floral in when it was already in place inside of the foam block. 



Your mason jar designs are now complete. I love the fact that you can easily switch to the next design. Please let me know which one is your favorite. Personally, I think the summer design is the best. Thank you so much for visiting and creating with me! I look forward to seeing you soon.

Pin Share Save












Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, I do too! I love that there are so many different ways to upcycle using jars. :)

      Delete
  2. Visiting again to say thanks so much for linking up at #AThemedLinkup 148 for Crafting with Bottles and Jars. Shared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS! Your post is FEATURED at #AThemedLinkup 149 for Gardening from the previous linkup for Crafting with Bottles and Jars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cute ideas Stephanie! I love all of the possibilities from just one jar. Thank you for sharing with Whimsy Home Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks lovely. A simple craft I can make, all the better! Thank you for sharing.
    Take care and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra, thank you! Yes, give it a try. It was a fun little project to work on. Thank you for taking the time to visit. 😊

      Delete
  6. What a great idea. I think those little flowers are so sweet. Fun to change it up for the 4th of July, too. Thanks for sharing this post with all of us at the Will Blog for Comments #36!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was born on July 4th, so I love the white mason jar with the red, and blue stars. I would make a few and add them as table decor for a 4th of July barbecue party. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristen, thank you! Yes, that jar would be great as a table decor for a 4th Of July barbecue. I love that idea. Thank you for visiting.

      Delete
  8. That is such a cute idea! I often find those shaped buttons totally irresistible but I never have any great ideas for actually using them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne, thank you. Yes, I purchased a few of those buttons and I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it. I finally had figured it out. :) Thank you for visiting.

      Delete
  9. Steph, I love mason jar decorations. I just think these three you made are fabulous!
    Visiting today from Will Blog For Comments 36 #8&9

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, thank you. You're always so kind. I appreciate you taking the time to visit and leave a comment.

      Delete
  10. They are all so pretty! You found some gorgeous buttons to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. 😊 I appreciate you visiting ❤️

      Delete
  11. Decorating old jars is one of the easiest DIY crafts that make such a difference. Love the stars glass!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, yes, it's so simple and such a great way to give those glass jars new life. Thank you. 😊

      Delete
  12. Each mason jar is so stunning! Love the different themes that blend in so well with spring and summer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All three designs are cute but I really have an affection for the succulent one--I love succulents. Great DIY, Steph!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have to agree with you. I just love succulents so much. They are easy to care for, too. Thank you for visiting. I appreciate it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Steps to Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home

Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company.  I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Watch the video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table:  -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights  - Reusing glass jars  - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations  - Small "Hello Fall" sign  - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could ...

Easy Autumn Leaf Wood Riser | Using Dollar Tree Wooden Leaves

  Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to stop by. I hope all is well. Today we are creating an Autumn leaf wood riser. I purchased a pack of wooden leaves and wood square blocks from my local Dollar Tree. I wasn't sure what I was going to create with them. I found a piece of scrap wood in my garage and  I figured I would create a wood riser with a wood leaf design. This is a simple craft and is great for beginners.  Video tutorial Materials One scrap wood section -The size  of the one I am using is 7¾ x 3½ Paint -I'm using espresso for my riser and red for my wooden  leaves Four wood square pieces -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree  (These are being used for the legs on the wood riser) Wooden leaves -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree I am using 6 leaves. Depending on the size of the wood you use, you  could end up using more or less Paintbrush Hot glue Faux fall floral or leaves Floral cutters Start by taking your paint and applying it onto your scrap woo...

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

How to Create Fall Crate Décor Using Dollar Tree Items

Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well. You all know how much I love these wooden crates from Dollar Tree. I created this cute fall decor that can be added to a tiered tray or mantel. We'll use one wooden crate and a house plaque from Dollar Tree. Let's create and decorate together! Please check out my newest link party on the  Crazylittlelovebirds  blog if you haven't already. It runs from Fridays at 9:00 a.m. MST to Tuesdays at 11:00 p.m. MST.  Video tutorial Materials One wooden crate One wooden house plaque Acrylic paint Wooden letters Any Adhesive or Hot glue Foam craft blocks Faux fall floral/greenery Paintbrushes Mod Podge Decorative paper Floral cutters Scissors One pencil for tracing I have chosen to decorate with mini pumpkins, a squirrel figurine, and an unpainted leaf ornament for the fall season. Step 1: Tracing your wooden house plaque onto decorative paper Place the wooden house plaque on the decorative paper and trace its shape with a pencil. Cut out th...

DIY Valentine's Wooden Heart Riser.

Create a charming Valentine's wooden heart riser with this DIY craft tutorial. It's a perfect addition to your holiday decor and makes a heartfelt gift. Get step-by-step instructions and unleash your creativity! Be sure to check out the video tutorial below Materials One Wooden heart  (Target Dollar Aisle) Three large wooden beads Diamond Gem wrap (Purchased at the Dollar Tree. Sticky backing) Paintbrush Paint  (I'm using a light pink) Scissors Faux Flowers Adhesive (E6000, Any will work) Hot Glue Start by taking your wooden heart, and applying pink paint to the front surface. It is entirely up to you, but you can also apply paint to the bottom side of your wooden heart.   You will need around two coats of paint when you are completely finished. Once you have applied all coats of the paint, set your wooden heart aside, and allow it to dry. First, take three large beads and apply some white paint to each of them. Set them aside to dry. After the beads have dried, flip...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you