Skip to main content

Easy Decorative Tray With Round Legs. -Build and Decorate

Learn how to build and decorate a simple decorative tray with round legs. This DIY project is perfect for adding a stylish touch to your home decor. Hi guys! Let's create this easy decorative wooden tray with round legs. I recently visited my local Michael's store to see what I could find for making a decorative tray for my sister, who currently lives in Hawaii. I was excited to find several options, but I decided to go with this one. It was such a straightforward DIY project and took very little time. 




Watch the video tutorial


Be sure to watch it on YouTube!

Materials needed for this

- One pack of wooden doll heads. - $4.49

-One Wooden plaque. - $6.49

-Sponge brush

-E6000 Adhesive

-Wood Stain (I used Mocha for my stain) 




Staining your tray and wooden doll heads

Begin by moving to a well-ventilated area. Place a bag or tarp over your workspace. This will help protect your work area from accidental spills or splatters when you begin to stain your tray and tray legs.  Start by staining your wooden plaque. Apply the stain on the front, sides, and bottom. You will want to completely cover your plaque with the stain. Once that is finished, set it aside and allow it to dry. 

Take your wooden doll heads and repeat this step. Apply stain to all four wooden doll heads. Once you have done this, set them aside and allow the doll heads to completely dry. 

Attaching round wooden legs to the tray

Once everything is dry, flip your plaque over and apply some glue to the bottom surface of your wooden doll heads. Place them onto your plaque. You will continue this step until all four wooden doll heads are added to the bottom of your plaque.  Set your tray aside, and allow the glue to completely dry. Once the glue is completely dry, you can start to add on your decorations.





I wanted to show my sister how her tray would look when it was finished. I added a few Autumn decorations onto the tray. 

Just a few ideas for your tray

You can add mini lights, greenery, an LED candle, and some cute framed art.  

You can add an autumn garland, a scarecrow, a mini pumpkin, and fall decorative lights.

Anything can be added to your tray, and I love that you can decorate your tray to match the current season. Have fun with it, and explore different design styles. 

I hope that you all have enjoyed this simple DIY project that is perfect for any space in your home and can match any theme. 

If you have enjoyed this DIY project, feel free to check out my other DIY tray projects below.

Decorative Kitchen Tray.- Build and Decorate

DIY Autumn Tray

I'll see you soon! 

Pin/Share/Save

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make Easy Beaded Wine Glass Charms

 I love creating small, simple crafts that add a personal touch to gatherings, and these wine glass charms were such a fun project. They’re easy to make, customizable, and perfect for parties, holidays, or even a cozy night in with friends. Each charm slips right onto the stem of a wine glass, making it easy for everyone to keep track of their drink. These charms come together quickly using beads, wire rings, and small metal pendants. You can mix and match colors and charms to fit any theme, and each one turns out a little different — which is part of the fun. Watch the video tutorial Materials Here’s what I used to make my wine glass charms: Wire rings Beads Small metal charms Jewelry pliers If your wire rings need trimming, use wire cutters—mine didn’t, so I didn’t need them for this project.  Choose your beads and charms Pick out the colors and shapes you want to use. I chose soft pinks, purples, and clear beads, along with heart, spiral, and flower charms. Each charm desig...

Easy Steps to Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home

Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company.  I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Watch the video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table:  -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights  - Reusing glass jars  - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations  - Small "Hello Fall" sign  - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could ...

DIY Ghost Frame (Easy Dollar Tree Halloween Craft)

  Hi everyone! Halloween crafts don’t have to be spooky or complicated, and this little ghost frame is the perfect example. I put it together with a Dollar Tree frame, a few wooden ghosts, some gem buttons, and craft paper I already had in my stash. It’s quick, budget‑friendly, and adds the cutest touch of Halloween charm to any shelf or vignette. I love projects like this because they’re simple and relaxing, and you can customize them however you want. Different colors, different ghosts, different backgrounds — it all works. If you’re looking for a fast Halloween craft that still feels handmade and sweet, this one is definitely worth trying. Watch this video tutorial Materials I used for this project Dollar Tree frame Wooden ghost cutouts Craft paper (any color or pattern you like) Gem buttons or small embellishments Glue (hot glue or craft glue) Scissors Optional: stickers, paint, or extra accents Take the frame apart I started by removing the back of the frame, taking out both ...

Dollar Tree Wood Crate Floral Design

Create a beautiful floral arrangement in a wood crate from Dollar Tree! With this DIY tutorial, you'll learn how to design stunning floral creations using affordable supplies from Dollar Tree. Perfect for home decor or special occasions. Video tutorial Materials One wood house decoration One wood crate Paint Faux floral Mod Podge Decorative napkin Floral cutters Scissors Hot glue Paintbrush One pop-up sticker One craft block One craft knife (Most of my materials listed can be purchased at Dollar Tree)   Start by applying paint to your wooden house decoration. I only applied my paint on the outer and inside surfaces of the wood. Next, take your decorative napkin, and use a pencil to trace the shape of your wood house onto the napkin.  Be sure to remove the second layer of your napkin. Once you have traced out the shape, take your scissors, and cut out the shape. Afterward, take your Mod Podge, and apply a thin layer onto the inner surface of your wooden house. Place your napkin...

DIY Magnetic Faux Succulent & Floral Lids — Upcycled Fridge Accent

I created these magnetic faux succulent and floral lids using some metal jar tops that I had saved. With a little creativity, they transformed into charming, lightweight accents that add a pop of color and personality to the fridge. Each lid features its own tiny arrangement—part succulent and part floral—all crafted with intention and charm. This project is easy and budget-friendly, allowing you to use items you already have while adding a lovely touch to your home. Watch the Video Tutorial Quick Video Tutorial Materials Metal jar lids (one large, one small) Letter beads (to spell LOVE ) Faux moss Faux succulents Faux vines Faux flowers (pink, green foliage, white accents) Hot glue gun and glue sticks Magnets I began with the larger metal lid, attaching small letter beads to spell out LOVE . This created a meaningful little focal point and set the tone for the rest of the design. Next, I glued a layer of faux moss along the bottom of the lid. The moss added softness and h...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you