Skip to main content

DIY-Quick and Fun Hobby Lobby Flower Sign Decoration

 Decorating an unfinished wood sign is a rewarding craft that allows you to showcase your personality and creativity in home décor. For this project, I transformed a blank, flower-shaped sign from Hobby Lobby into a vibrant floral masterpiece using paint and Mod Podge. The process was enjoyable, straightforward, and resulted in a piece that looks beautifully handcrafted!

Painted flower sign

Video tutorial

Materials You'll Need
  • Unfinished wooden flower sign (Hobby Lobby has great options!)-

  • Acrylic paint (choose colors that match your décor)-

  • Mod Podge (for decoupage)-

  • Decorative floral paper (scrapbooking or craft paper works perfectly)-

  • Paintbrushes and foam brushes

  • Scissors

  • Sandpaper (optional, for smoothing edges)

  • Heating tool

Materials for flower sign

Painting the Sign

Using acrylic paint, I applied a solid base color to the bottom portion of the flower sign. You can choose soft pastels, bright tones, or even a subtle ombré effect—whatever matches your style! Let the paint dry completely before adding any extra details.

Hand holding acrylic paint

 Adding Floral Paper with Mod Podge

To give the sign a lovely textured look, I cut floral-patterned paper to fit the lower portion of the design. To begin, I used a pencil to trace the outline of the sign onto the paper. Using scissors, I then cut the shape out. Next, I brushed a thin layer of Mod Podge onto the wood, placed the paper carefully, and smoothed it out to eliminate bubbles. Once it dried, I sealed it with an additional layer of Mod Podge for a durable, glossy finish.

Hand holding pencil to trace outline of sign

Cutting out the outline of the flower sign

Hand holding Mod Podge bottle

Adding Paint to the Flowers

I painted the flower design on the sign, using pink, blue, green, and brown for the stems. You can mix colors and use brighter shades for your flowers as well. 

Applying paint to flower sign

Applying paint to flower sign

Applying paint to flowers on flower sign

Final Touches

After everything dried, I added gold letters that said " hello " to the bottom section of my sign. 

Flower sign and gold letters

Finished flower sign



The Finished Piece

My floral sign now brings a charming handcrafted vibe to my space, blending painted elegance with a decoupage texture that makes it pop. This project was a wonderful mix of painting and paper crafting, creating a one-of-a-kind décor item that's personal and unique!
Would you try this project yourself? Let me know if you'd add any creative twists! 🌸🎨

You might also enjoy

Pin Share Save
Pinterest pin for flower sign

Comments

  1. What you can do with all these Dollar Tree finds never ceases to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, thank you. I appreciate your it. 🤗😊

      Delete
  2. Steph this is gorgeous! Love this.
    Visiting today from SSPS
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Steps to Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home

Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company.  I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Watch the video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table:  -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights  - Reusing glass jars  - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations  - Small "Hello Fall" sign  - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could ...

Easy Autumn Leaf Wood Riser | Using Dollar Tree Wooden Leaves

  Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to stop by. I hope all is well. Today we are creating an Autumn leaf wood riser. I purchased a pack of wooden leaves and wood square blocks from my local Dollar Tree. I wasn't sure what I was going to create with them. I found a piece of scrap wood in my garage and  I figured I would create a wood riser with a wood leaf design. This is a simple craft and is great for beginners.  Video tutorial Materials One scrap wood section -The size  of the one I am using is 7¾ x 3½ Paint -I'm using espresso for my riser and red for my wooden  leaves Four wood square pieces -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree  (These are being used for the legs on the wood riser) Wooden leaves -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree I am using 6 leaves. Depending on the size of the wood you use, you  could end up using more or less Paintbrush Hot glue Faux fall floral or leaves Floral cutters Start by taking your paint and applying it onto your scrap woo...

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

How to Create Fall Crate Décor Using Dollar Tree Items

Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well. You all know how much I love these wooden crates from Dollar Tree. I created this cute fall decor that can be added to a tiered tray or mantel. We'll use one wooden crate and a house plaque from Dollar Tree. Let's create and decorate together! Please check out my newest link party on the  Crazylittlelovebirds  blog if you haven't already. It runs from Fridays at 9:00 a.m. MST to Tuesdays at 11:00 p.m. MST.  Video tutorial Materials One wooden crate One wooden house plaque Acrylic paint Wooden letters Any Adhesive or Hot glue Foam craft blocks Faux fall floral/greenery Paintbrushes Mod Podge Decorative paper Floral cutters Scissors One pencil for tracing I have chosen to decorate with mini pumpkins, a squirrel figurine, and an unpainted leaf ornament for the fall season. Step 1: Tracing your wooden house plaque onto decorative paper Place the wooden house plaque on the decorative paper and trace its shape with a pencil. Cut out th...

Transforming Oui Yogurt Jars: Creating a Window Hanging Flower Display

Transforming Oui Yogurt jars into a hanging flower display is a simple way to add charm to any space. In this post, you'll learn how to customize and hang these jars with flowers. Get ready to create a beautiful, eco-friendly display that brightens up your home or garden. Whether you're new to upcycling or just itching for a quick creative fix, this easy and budget-friendly project will brighten up any window in your home with elegance and charm. Video tutorial What You’ll Need: 3 Oui yogurt jars (or any small glass jars you have on hand) Transfer stickers of your choice — I used cold transfer stickers I snagged on sale at my local Michaels Artificial flowers Scissors Floral cutters Twine Spring tension rod (or clear sturdy command hooks) 1. Prep Your Jars and Add a Personal Touch Begin with clean, dry jars. These little glass containers serve as the perfect blank canvas. Select your transfer stickers—I opted for a floral theme because who doesn’t love more blooms? I trimmed th...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you