Skip to main content

Wood crate floral display with mini watering can

 Hello everyone! I hope all is well. Today we are creating a floral display using one wood crate from Dollar Tree. I absolutely love the wood crates at Dollar Tree, and I thought it would make a perfect display when including one mini watering can. The mini watering can be purchased at Hobby Lobby. If you're ready we will begin creating this simple DIY project.


Video tutorial



Materials

  • One wood crate box
  • One bendable metal wire
  • One paint brush
  • Paint
  • Floral 
  • Floral snips
  • Craft foam block
  • Hot glue
  • Twine
  • Craft clothespins

Start by taking your paint, paintbrush, and your wood crate. Begin to apply paint to your wood crate. Be sure to paint all sections on your wood crate box.



Next, take your metal piece, and bend it so that your metal makes an L shape. Apply hot glue onto the shorter section of your metal. After applying glue onto the metal, take your watering can and place it on top of the bent metal section. You will need to take extra hot glue and apply it to the bottom of the watering can. This helps to give it extra support. 

After, take the longer end of your metal, add hot glue, and press it against one corner on the inside of your wood crate box.  At this point, your watering can should be standing in the corner of your box.

Next, take your craft foam, and add it to the bottom of your wood crate.

Take your floral snips, and begin to cut your flowers to size. After cutting your floral to size, take each piece, and insert it through your foam piece.

Now you are ready to add on your craft clothespins. Take your clothespins, and add hot glue on the back of each one. Add them to the front of your wood crate. 

Next, take your scissors, and cut a small section of twine. Take each end, and tie it around the top of each of your clothespins. I decided to tie it around the top of the clothespins because trying to hang it from the opening of the clothespins caused my twine to hang too low. 

After you have added your twine, take your craft fabric heart, and using hot glue, glue it onto your twine. I also added a little glue on the back side of the fabric heart and glued it onto both the twine and wood crate. 

Your floral display is now complete. I love how simple, and quick this craft was. Thank you so much for stopping by, and creating with me. I'll see you soon!

Check out these other floral crafts--

 DIY Wood Crate Floral Truck Design

Blossom Branch Arrangement

DIY Wood Crate Floral Design

Pin/Save/Share




Comments

  1. Stephanie this is so dang cute!! Thank you for stopping by Oh My Heartsie Girl to share your blog with us!!! Hope to see you every week! have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karren, thank you so much! I love how it turned out as well. I'll have to share this next time on your link party. :)

      Delete
  2. This turned out so cute. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much! And you're very welcome. =)

      Delete
  3. Such a cute floral window display. Thanks for sharing each step of the process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy, thank you! And you're very welcome. So happy to hear you enjoyed it. :)

      Delete
  4. SO SO cute, that little watering can is super sweet and this is a great way to showcase it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steph, your wood crate floral display is so pretty! I love the unique idea of adding the watering can to the crate. I'm happy to be featuring your post at Tuesday Turn About this week! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed this craft. :)

      Delete
  6. Stephanie,
    I love this display. Congratulations, you are being featured on Thursday Favorite Things. I hope you stop by. https://www.eclecticredbarn.com/2022/06/thursday-favorite-things.html
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bev, thank you so much! I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed it. =)

      Delete
  7. Stephanie, your sweet crate and watering can craft is really fun for summer! So glad you shared it a week ago at Share Your Style. I was very happy to share it at SYS #349 this past Wednesday for you. <3

    Really fun! Hope you are having a great weekend!!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb, thank you so very much. I will be sure to stop by. I've been having such a busy week. I hope that you have a lovely weekend. Thank you so much for stopping by. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

Three Easy Candle Jar Ideas for Cozy Porch Décor

I've always thought there was something so comforting about soft candlelight, especially when it’s paired with a few simple faux florals and greenery. Today, I’m sharing a sweet little project in which I decorated a glass jar in three different ways. Each jar has its own personality, glow, and gentle charm. These pieces are perfect for porch décor, but they work beautifully anywhere you want to add a touch of warmth. I love projects like this—simple materials, quiet moments, and a finished piece that feels peaceful and handmade. Watch the Video Tutorial Materials I Used Clear glass jar Battery‑operated candle Faux string of pearls Faux succulents Faux vine Bright pink faux flowers (tops removed from stems) Yellow faux flowers Faux foliage Optional: woven mat or tray for display Jar 1: Succulents & String of Pearls For the first jar, I wanted something earthy and calming. I placed a faux string of pearls inside the jar and let it settle naturally. Around it, I tucked in a few fa...

Easy Steps to Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home

Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company.  I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Watch the video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table:  -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights  - Reusing glass jars  - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations  - Small "Hello Fall" sign  - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could ...

Fall Fox Garland: Easy and Affordable DIY Decor with Dollar Tree Items

Create a beautiful fall-themed fox garland using affordable Dollar Tree items. This easy and inexpensive DIY decor project will add a touch of seasonal charm to your home. Follow our step-by-step guide to make your own fall fox garland today. Hello everyone! I'm excited to share an effortless garland design with you all. Our project today involves creating a garland using fox ornaments purchased from Dollar Tree. We will also incorporate wooden mini-leaf embellishments and faux floral to add a wonderful touch. You can find a complete list of materials below. Video tutorial Creating your fall fox garland Materials  Mod Podge Paintbrush Acrylic paint Mini wood leaf embellishments Fox ornaments  Decorative napkin I'm also using a mini-craft iron  Parchment paper Hot glue Craft knife Sandpaper Adding the decorative napkin to the wooden foxes using Mod Podge To prepare the wooden fox for decorating, start by removing the bottom layer of the napkin. If you have a mini craft iro...

How I Refreshed an Old Garden Statue with Paint (Easy Patio DIY)

This charming toad perched on his toadstool has been a beloved part of our patio for years, enduring the passage of time while gradually succumbing to the effects of sun and weather. With each season, he has faded a little more, losing some of his vibrant colors and details. Rather than allowing him to blend into the background and become just another forgotten decoration, I decided it was time to breathe new life into him.  Watch the Video Tutorial I shared the whole process in a quick YouTube Shorts video called “Watch Me Refresh This Old Garden Statue.” It’s a simple before‑and‑after, but such a satisfying one.  Materials I Used Garden statue (mine is a toad on a toadstool) Sandpaper Acrylic paints Small detail brushes Mod Podge (for sealing and protection) Sanding and Painting I began by gently sanding the statue to smooth out the chipped and faded paint. It only takes a few minutes, but it makes such a difference. Once the surface felt ready, I brought out my a...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you