Skip to main content

Simple DIY Bamboo Ring Floral Hanging Design

If you want an easy and elegant craft, this DIY bamboo ring floral hanging is such a pretty project. I’ll show you how to turn a simple bamboo ring from Dollar Tree into a natural, lightweight decoration you can customize with any flowers or greenery you love. It’s a quick, beginner‑friendly piece that adds a soft, organic touch to your home or event décor.

Today, we’re creating this floral hanging design step by step, using affordable materials you can find at Dollar Tree or any craft store. If you’re ready, let’s start building your own beautiful bamboo ring arrangement.


Watch this video tutorial






Materials

One medium-size bamboo ring. I purchased one pack that came with a medium and small ring. This pack was purchased at Dollar Tree. $1.25

Paint--I'm using white paint.

Wall creations peel and stick home wall decals--I purchased this pack at Dollar Tree for $1.25

Faux tulips--I purchased this at Michael's craft store. If you hurry in, they have a sale going on! I paid around $2

Twine

Hot glue

Floral snips/scissors

Optional --pink faux wildflowers

Applying paint to home decals

Start by applying three coats of white paint to your peel-and-stick wall decals, allowing each coat to dry in between. I used a heat gun to speed up the drying process.


Adding  twine to the ring

Grab your bamboo ring and twine. Take the twine and start wrapping it around one side of the ring. Once you've added enough twine, cut the end and use hot glue to secure it in place. This will prevent it from coming loose.

Cutting and adding faux tulips 

Get your floral snips and start cutting the tulips. You can choose a shorter or longer stem length.

Apply a small amount of hot glue to each of your tulip stems and gently press the tulips over the twine that you had wrapped previously around your bamboo ring. Fill this side of your ring with your tulips, but make sure to leave some of the twine exposed.

Adding the painted house decals


Next, apply a small amount of hot glue to the bottom of each painted house before attaching it to the bamboo ring near the tulips.

Adding smaller flowers


If you decide to add the pink wildflowers to your ring, take them and add them between your painted houses.

Cut a medium-length strand of twine. Tie one end of the twine to a section near the top of the tulips on the bamboo ring, and tie a knot. Repeat this step on the other end of the ring. If you notice the twine shifting when you hang your floral design, you can apply hot glue to the ends of the twine. This will help to prevent the twine from shifting due to the weight of the tulips on one side of the ring.

You're finished! I loved how easy this craft was. Let me know if you decide to give it a try. Thank you for visiting. See you soon!

Pin/Save/Share








Comments

  1. Simple is PERFECT for this craft-challenged girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michele, I love a simple DIY craft. Yes, give this one a try!

      Delete
  2. Steph this turned out great. So pretty!
    I appreciate you sharing this tutorial and video with Sweet Tea & Friends this month my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so creative and makes me even more anxious for Spring to begin! #Alittlebitofeverything Link-up Party

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

Easy Steps to Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home

Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company.  I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Watch the video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table:  -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights  - Reusing glass jars  - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations  - Small "Hello Fall" sign  - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could ...

DIY Ghost Frame (Easy Dollar Tree Halloween Craft)

  Hi everyone! Halloween crafts don’t have to be spooky or complicated, and this little ghost frame is the perfect example. I put it together with a Dollar Tree frame, a few wooden ghosts, some gem buttons, and craft paper I already had in my stash. It’s quick, budget‑friendly, and adds the cutest touch of Halloween charm to any shelf or vignette. I love projects like this because they’re simple and relaxing, and you can customize them however you want. Different colors, different ghosts, different backgrounds — it all works. If you’re looking for a fast Halloween craft that still feels handmade and sweet, this one is definitely worth trying. Watch this video tutorial Materials I used for this project Dollar Tree frame Wooden ghost cutouts Craft paper (any color or pattern you like) Gem buttons or small embellishments Glue (hot glue or craft glue) Scissors Optional: stickers, paint, or extra accents Take the frame apart I started by removing the back of the frame, taking out both ...

Three Easy Candle Jar Ideas for Cozy Porch Décor

I've always thought there was something so comforting about soft candlelight, especially when it’s paired with a few simple faux florals and greenery. Today, I’m sharing a sweet little project in which I decorated a glass jar in three different ways. Each jar has its own personality, glow, and gentle charm. These pieces are perfect for porch décor, but they work beautifully anywhere you want to add a touch of warmth. I love projects like this—simple materials, quiet moments, and a finished piece that feels peaceful and handmade. Watch the Video Tutorial Materials I Used Clear glass jar Battery‑operated candle Faux string of pearls Faux succulents Faux vine Bright pink faux flowers (tops removed from stems) Yellow faux flowers Faux foliage Optional: woven mat or tray for display Jar 1: Succulents & String of Pearls For the first jar, I wanted something earthy and calming. I placed a faux string of pearls inside the jar and let it settle naturally. Around it, I tucked in a few fa...

How to Make Easy Beaded Wine Glass Charms

 I love creating small, simple crafts that add a personal touch to gatherings, and these wine glass charms were such a fun project. They’re easy to make, customizable, and perfect for parties, holidays, or even a cozy night in with friends. Each charm slips right onto the stem of a wine glass, making it easy for everyone to keep track of their drink. These charms come together quickly using beads, wire rings, and small metal pendants. You can mix and match colors and charms to fit any theme, and each one turns out a little different — which is part of the fun. Watch the video tutorial Materials Here’s what I used to make my wine glass charms: Wire rings Beads Small metal charms Jewelry pliers If your wire rings need trimming, use wire cutters—mine didn’t, so I didn’t need them for this project.  Choose your beads and charms Pick out the colors and shapes you want to use. I chose soft pinks, purples, and clear beads, along with heart, spiral, and flower charms. Each charm desig...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you