Skip to main content

Easy DIY Wood Home Decor Design

 



Hello everyone! I hope you're doing well. 

Today I'm bringing you a simple DIY project. I decided to create this easy wood home sign after visiting my local Target store. 

I found this wood home decoration for three dollars, and I thought I can create something simple. 

Video Tutorial







Material list

- One Wood Home Decoration
 Purchased at Target in the dollar spot

Two craft clothespins 

Green vine- two short pieces
Purchased my vine at Hobby Lobby

Floral
I'm using a floral I purchased at Hobby Lobby

Paint
The color I am using is called espresso

Stretch cord

Wood beads

Optional- Floral sticker

Sticker letters
Purchased at the Dollar Tree




Start by taking your wood house decor, and applying some of your paint on the outer surfaces. Be sure to apply paint on the sides, top, and bottom. You will need around two coats of paint.
Set your wood house aside, and allow it to dry.



Once your paint is dry, take your sticker letters and apply them on the inner section of your wood house. I wanted to spell out home. You can put any word, saying, or quote of your choice.

Once you put your letters, you can add your floral sticker. This of course is optional.





Next, take your vine. Your vine should be long enough to loop around once you start applying your glue. Take your vines, and create a circle. Be sure to decide on the placement for your vine. Once you have created a circle, add some hot glue, and apply your vine. 

Once you have added your vine and glued it in place, take your floral pieces, and add them on top of your vine. You will want to cut the wire stem off, and leave just the top section of your flower. 



You can now add your craft clothespins to your wood house. Take some hot glue, apply a small amount on the back side of the clothespins, and apply them onto the inner section of your wood house.





Next, take some of your stretch cord and add beads. You won't need a very long piece since this cord does stretch.  

Gently open your clothespins, and add the ends of your stretch cord through each of your clothespins. 
Doing this will create a loop with your cord, and beads. Be sure to cut the ends of any of the remaining cords.




Your project is now complete. This decoration makes an excellent addition to any tray, shelf, or wall decoration. 

Thanks so much for stopping by. Be sure to leave a comment, and let me know if you'll be creating your very own.

You might also like





I'll see you soon! 


Pin/save/share







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Steps to Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home

Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company.  I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Watch the video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table:  -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights  - Reusing glass jars  - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations  - Small "Hello Fall" sign  - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could ...

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

Three Easy Candle Jar Ideas for Cozy Porch Décor

I've always thought there was something so comforting about soft candlelight, especially when it’s paired with a few simple faux florals and greenery. Today, I’m sharing a sweet little project in which I decorated a glass jar in three different ways. Each jar has its own personality, glow, and gentle charm. These pieces are perfect for porch décor, but they work beautifully anywhere you want to add a touch of warmth. I love projects like this—simple materials, quiet moments, and a finished piece that feels peaceful and handmade. Watch the Video Tutorial Materials I Used Clear glass jar Battery‑operated candle Faux string of pearls Faux succulents Faux vine Bright pink faux flowers (tops removed from stems) Yellow faux flowers Faux foliage Optional: woven mat or tray for display Jar 1: Succulents & String of Pearls For the first jar, I wanted something earthy and calming. I placed a faux string of pearls inside the jar and let it settle naturally. Around it, I tucked in a few fa...

DIY Mini Wood Lantern

  Hello everyone. I'm so excited to share this mini wood lantern craft with you all. I recently bought a box of wood tumbling blocks from Dollar Tree, and I wasn't sure what I was going to create with them. I decided since I also had some wood craft popsicle sticks on hand that I would use those with the blocks, and create a mini wood lantern. This project took around 30 minutes, but I promise you, you will just love how it all comes together with just a few materials. If you're ready, I'd love it if you created it with me!  Video tutorial Materials One pack of wood tumbling blocks  I purchased mine at my local Dollar Tree Ten wood craft popsicle sticks Paint  I'm using black paint, I also had some antique white paint on hand, but I went with black paint Hot glue Twine Faux floral, and greenery One medium-sized bead One battery-operated candle Floral snips Scissors Building the top and bottom sections of the lantern Start by taking five of your tumbling blocks. Usin...

How to Make Easy Beaded Wine Glass Charms

 I love creating small, simple crafts that add a personal touch to gatherings, and these wine glass charms were such a fun project. They’re easy to make, customizable, and perfect for parties, holidays, or even a cozy night in with friends. Each charm slips right onto the stem of a wine glass, making it easy for everyone to keep track of their drink. These charms come together quickly using beads, wire rings, and small metal pendants. You can mix and match colors and charms to fit any theme, and each one turns out a little different — which is part of the fun. Watch the video tutorial Materials Here’s what I used to make my wine glass charms: Wire rings Beads Small metal charms Jewelry pliers If your wire rings need trimming, use wire cutters—mine didn’t, so I didn’t need them for this project.  Choose your beads and charms Pick out the colors and shapes you want to use. I chose soft pinks, purples, and clear beads, along with heart, spiral, and flower charms. Each charm desig...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you