Skip to main content

DIY Cute Mini Side Tables

Hello everyone! I am thrilled that you have decided to join me today. We will be making adorable mini side tables. My two daughters have been asking for mini side tables for their rooms. My oldest daughter wanted one to place her favorite book and reading lamp near her bed. This is a hands-on project, so get ready to start creating our mini side tables together.


Watch the video tutorial


Materials needed for the project


Two precut wood circles 

$8.58 each at Lowes

Paint

You can use any color. You can go with stain or paint. I was using Valspar white paint and a few fun colors.

Two packs of Poplar Dowels 3/4'' x 12''

$3.30 -Each pack comes with 4 dowels, or you can buy the 8-pack. They did not have the 8-pack in stock when I was shopping.

Screws 

I used a total of eight screws


Glue

I used E6000 glue for this project

Drill

You will need this for drilling pilot holes into your dowels and drilling through the table

Paintbrush, sponge brush, or roller

Painters tape


Creating your table

To start off, paint the pre-cut wood circles. I suggest painting the table tops white, including the tops and around the edges. It's best to apply three coats of paint and make sure to let the tabletops dry completely.

While you wait for your precut wood circles to dry, you can start painting the dowels. If you choose to paint them in two different colors, it's recommended to use painter's tape to separate the areas. For instance, I painted one set of dowels with white and blue, and the other set with white and purple. Similar to the tabletop, you will need to apply 2-3 coats of paint to the dowels.



Once you have finished painting your dowels, set your dowels aside and allow them to dry.

Once your dowels are dry, you can start working on attaching  them to the tabletop

Steps on attaching your dowels to your tabletop



To begin, mark the pre-cut circular tabletop with the locations where you want to attach the legs. You can use a speed square to make these marks. After that, drill pilot holes in each dowel and through the tabletop. This step is important to prevent any cracks or splitting.

Now, drill a hole on the top surface of the tabletop, which should be slightly larger than the screw's head, about 1/16 inch deep. This will help in making the screw heads sit flush with the tabletop.

Insert the screws through the tabletop, making sure they poke out from the bottom slightly. Apply glue to the tops of the legs and then screw them in the rest of the way through the tabletop and the dowel.

Once you have attached the legs to the tabletop, take some paint and cover the screws. If you don't want the screws to show, you can use some wood putty and gently sand the putty once it has dried. If you end up applying wood putty, be sure to paint over it once you have sanded it smooth. This should help minimize the screw's appearance.


Final touches

In my video, I mentioned that I had plans to use stencils for the table tops. However, I later decided against it. My 10-year-old daughter wanted a blend of white and blue on her table so that it could resemble the sky, while my 7-year-old wanted white tabletops with purple polka dots. To create the dots, I used a round sponge brush. After touching up the legs, I was done with the project. My daughters were thrilled to have these mini tables in their respective rooms. 

This table is perfect for any space. I hope that you have enjoyed this mini side table DIY project. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me! I love hearing from all of you. 



I'll see you soon!


Pin/Share/Save



Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing with us I'll be featuring you this week when the next to Grandma's house we go link party starts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

Easy Steps to Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home

Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company.  I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Watch the video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table:  -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights  - Reusing glass jars  - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations  - Small "Hello Fall" sign  - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could ...

DIY Ghost Frame (Easy Dollar Tree Halloween Craft)

  Hi everyone! Halloween crafts don’t have to be spooky or complicated, and this little ghost frame is the perfect example. I put it together with a Dollar Tree frame, a few wooden ghosts, some gem buttons, and craft paper I already had in my stash. It’s quick, budget‑friendly, and adds the cutest touch of Halloween charm to any shelf or vignette. I love projects like this because they’re simple and relaxing, and you can customize them however you want. Different colors, different ghosts, different backgrounds — it all works. If you’re looking for a fast Halloween craft that still feels handmade and sweet, this one is definitely worth trying. Watch this video tutorial Materials I used for this project Dollar Tree frame Wooden ghost cutouts Craft paper (any color or pattern you like) Gem buttons or small embellishments Glue (hot glue or craft glue) Scissors Optional: stickers, paint, or extra accents Take the frame apart I started by removing the back of the frame, taking out both ...

Three Easy Candle Jar Ideas for Cozy Porch Décor

I've always thought there was something so comforting about soft candlelight, especially when it’s paired with a few simple faux florals and greenery. Today, I’m sharing a sweet little project in which I decorated a glass jar in three different ways. Each jar has its own personality, glow, and gentle charm. These pieces are perfect for porch décor, but they work beautifully anywhere you want to add a touch of warmth. I love projects like this—simple materials, quiet moments, and a finished piece that feels peaceful and handmade. Watch the Video Tutorial Materials I Used Clear glass jar Battery‑operated candle Faux string of pearls Faux succulents Faux vine Bright pink faux flowers (tops removed from stems) Yellow faux flowers Faux foliage Optional: woven mat or tray for display Jar 1: Succulents & String of Pearls For the first jar, I wanted something earthy and calming. I placed a faux string of pearls inside the jar and let it settle naturally. Around it, I tucked in a few fa...

How to Make Easy Beaded Wine Glass Charms

 I love creating small, simple crafts that add a personal touch to gatherings, and these wine glass charms were such a fun project. They’re easy to make, customizable, and perfect for parties, holidays, or even a cozy night in with friends. Each charm slips right onto the stem of a wine glass, making it easy for everyone to keep track of their drink. These charms come together quickly using beads, wire rings, and small metal pendants. You can mix and match colors and charms to fit any theme, and each one turns out a little different — which is part of the fun. Watch the video tutorial Materials Here’s what I used to make my wine glass charms: Wire rings Beads Small metal charms Jewelry pliers If your wire rings need trimming, use wire cutters—mine didn’t, so I didn’t need them for this project.  Choose your beads and charms Pick out the colors and shapes you want to use. I chose soft pinks, purples, and clear beads, along with heart, spiral, and flower charms. Each charm desig...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you