Skip to main content

Three Easy Candle Jar Ideas for Cozy Porch Décor

I've always thought there was something so comforting about soft candlelight, especially when it’s paired with a few simple faux florals and greenery. Today, I’m sharing a sweet little project in which I decorated a glass jar in three different ways. Each jar has its own personality, glow, and gentle charm. These pieces are perfect for porch décor, but they work beautifully anywhere you want to add a touch of warmth.

I love projects like this—simple materials, quiet moments, and a finished piece that feels peaceful and handmade.


Watch the Video Tutorial



Materials I Used

  • Clear glass jar

  • Battery‑operated candle

  • Faux string of pearls

  • Faux succulents

  • Faux vine

  • Bright pink faux flowers (tops removed from stems)

  • Yellow faux flowers

  • Faux foliage

  • Optional: woven mat or tray for display

Jar 1: Succulents & String of Pearls

For the first jar, I wanted something earthy and calming. I placed a faux string of pearls inside the jar and let it settle naturally. Around it, I tucked in a few faux succulents, letting each one lean softly against the glass. Once everything felt balanced, I placed a battery‑operated candle right in the center. The glow against the greens creates such a soothing look, almost like a tiny garden lit from within.


Jar 2: Vine & Bright Pink Florals

The second jar is cheerful and full of color. I started by placing a faux vine inside the jar, allowing it to curl gently around the base. Next, I removed the tops of a few bright pink flowers from their stems and arranged them around the vine. The addition of these flowers instantly brightened the jar. When I placed a clear candle in the center, the entire piece came together beautifully, with soft light surrounded by vibrant blooms. It feels playful and sweet, making it perfect for spring or summer porch décor.


Jar 3: Yellow Blooms & Soft Foliage

The last jar is simple yet beautiful. I arranged yellow flowers and a bit of foliage around the base of the jar, keeping everything loose and natural. The colors are sunny and soft, pairing beautifully with the candle's warm glow. When the battery-operated candle is placed in the center, it illuminates the entire jar with a gentle, golden light. Though it’s a small piece, it creates a happy and welcoming atmosphere.


I found it very easy to create these three jars, and each one added a touch of joy to my porch. I love how simple it is to use a few faux flowers, some greenery, and a soft candle to create something warm and inviting. If you decide to try this project, I hope it brings the same gentle glow to your space. 

I’d love to hear which jar is your favorite—your feedback always inspires me!

Pin share save

Comments

  1. How pretty! You know, I was just thinking my porch needed a light display of some sort. This is perfect, and it's so pretty. I'm doing this very soon. Thanks for sharing. 😍
    M.B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so happy you enjoyed this. I love how each one turned out, and it's so pretty on the porch or even as a centerpiece on a dining room table.

      Delete
  2. We have a covered/ screened in porch that needs a little candlelight and these pretties would be just perfect! They're all darling, but those pink flowers are my favorites. ☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, thank you. Oh, yes, isn't it wonderful having a screened-in porch? We also have one, and this sure does give the space a beautiful glow in the evening. Thank you for visiting.

      Delete
    2. Please tell where did you get the cute candles?

      Delete
    3. They have these at the Dollar Store. 😊

      Delete
  3. I love cute little DIY things like this. So simple and yet they make such a beautiful piece. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristin, thank you so much. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  4. Todas las propuestas son creativas y elegantes.
    BESOS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias. Aprecio tus amables palabras.

      Delete
  5. This is so sweet, Stephanie. I really like how relaxing an atmosphere this provides! I can just imagine it on a porch on a summer evening. Thank you for sharing this with us at the Will Blog for Comments #87 linkup! Welcome! :) We hope to see you again--sharing old posts or new--at #88 which opens Monday morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, thank you. Always happy to share at your link-up. Have a great week. 😊

      Delete
  6. What a great idea! I love how versatile it is. Thanks for sharing with us on the Homestead Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE love love everything about these! So unique and creative Steph.
    Visiting today from SSPS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, thank you so much. Glad you enjoyed them.

      Delete
  8. These are lovely! I have made similar decorations as table centerpieces for Christmases in the past. Using a large glass vase and decorating with dried botanicals, pine cones, etc. Sometimes with a real candle inside, other times with fairy lights. A little garden inside a glass container is just so whimsical and the tiny flickering lights make them look magical and cosy. That reminds me, my vase broke last year, I have not replaced it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun bright way to lighten up a space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I agree, it's such a fun way to brighten any space. Thank you for visiting.

      Delete
  10. Thank you Steph for always linking up your craftiness on Farmhouse Friday. I love the candle ideas and will be featuring it this weekend. pinned

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy, aw, I'm so glad you enjoyed this project. Thank you for featuring it. 😊

      Delete
  11. Beautiful as always, Steph. I love those candles from DT and need to get some more. Featuring when my link party opens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, thank you so much. I absolutely love the candles. DT has some pretty stuff. Thank you for visiting. 🤗

      Delete
  12. Very pretty Steph. Gotta love the DT. Thanks so much for sharing at Love Your Creativity. Happy summer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these ideas!! I would love it if you could join me for this month's Sharing Serenity link party at https://serenityyou.com/sharing-serenity-link-party-july-2026/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Steps to Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home

Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company.  I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Watch the video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table:  -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights  - Reusing glass jars  - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations  - Small "Hello Fall" sign  - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could ...

Easy Autumn Leaf Wood Riser | Using Dollar Tree Wooden Leaves

  Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to stop by. I hope all is well. Today we are creating an Autumn leaf wood riser. I purchased a pack of wooden leaves and wood square blocks from my local Dollar Tree. I wasn't sure what I was going to create with them. I found a piece of scrap wood in my garage and  I figured I would create a wood riser with a wood leaf design. This is a simple craft and is great for beginners.  Video tutorial Materials One scrap wood section -The size  of the one I am using is 7¾ x 3½ Paint -I'm using espresso for my riser and red for my wooden  leaves Four wood square pieces -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree  (These are being used for the legs on the wood riser) Wooden leaves -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree I am using 6 leaves. Depending on the size of the wood you use, you  could end up using more or less Paintbrush Hot glue Faux fall floral or leaves Floral cutters Start by taking your paint and applying it onto your scrap woo...

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

Charming Fall Decorations Using Simple Terra Cotta Pots

These DIY craft ideas transform simple terra cotta pots into charming fall decorations. Elevate your home decor with these creative and easy-to-make projects for the autumn season. Hey everyone! I'm glad you stopped by. Today, I want to share an easy fall decoration idea with you. I'm reusing three Terra Cotta pots from a previous craft to create these decorations. You'll need just a few materials, most of which you may already have at home, to make your fall pot decorations. Video tutorial  Charming Fall Decorations Using Simple Terra Cotta Pots Materials needed: - Three pots (Terra Cotta or any type) - Fall wooden decorations (such as a fox, acorn, and a leaf)  - Artificial flowers - Assorted fall decorations (e.g., mini pumpkins) - Acrylic paint - Paintbrush - Burlap ribbon or any ribbon of your choice - Scissors  - Hot glue - Mod Podge - Decorative napkins - Foam blocks Use a paintbrush to apply acrylic paint to each pot. I painted each pot a different fall color like...

How to Create Fall Crate Décor Using Dollar Tree Items

Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well. You all know how much I love these wooden crates from Dollar Tree. I created this cute fall decor that can be added to a tiered tray or mantel. We'll use one wooden crate and a house plaque from Dollar Tree. Let's create and decorate together! Please check out my newest link party on the  Crazylittlelovebirds  blog if you haven't already. It runs from Fridays at 9:00 a.m. MST to Tuesdays at 11:00 p.m. MST.  Video tutorial Materials One wooden crate One wooden house plaque Acrylic paint Wooden letters Any Adhesive or Hot glue Foam craft blocks Faux fall floral/greenery Paintbrushes Mod Podge Decorative paper Floral cutters Scissors One pencil for tracing I have chosen to decorate with mini pumpkins, a squirrel figurine, and an unpainted leaf ornament for the fall season. Step 1: Tracing your wooden house plaque onto decorative paper Place the wooden house plaque on the decorative paper and trace its shape with a pencil. Cut out th...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you