Skip to main content

DIY Dollar Tree Metal Hanger Redo for Valentine's Floral Display

 Hello everyone, today I am sharing a redo craft using the metal hanging decoration I used in a previous craft for the Fourth of July. We will redo the metal hanging decoration and decorate it for Valentine's. I'll start by sanding down the prior design and adding new embellishments and a fresh coat of paint. I love taking an older craft, redecorating it, and creating a new theme and design. If you're ready let's begin.


Video tutorial



**Materials Needed:**

- One hanging metal decoration (I am reusing a metal hanging decoration from a previous craft)

- Acrylic paint

- Paintbrush

- Embellishments such as ribbon, lace, or any other decoration that matches your theme (I am using heart lace and a metal bicycle decoration)

- Scissors

- Craft moss (optional)

- One foam block

- Sanding block (if you need to remove any previous designs)

- Hot glue

- Faux florals

- One craft stick

Removing the previous design: I removed the last design from my metal hanger. Using a sanding block, I carefully sanded away the Mod Podge napkin design. Here’s a quick tip: After sanding down the surface, wipe it with a wet cloth or paper towel. This helps remove any remnants of the napkin design stuck to the metal hanger. Once I was done sanding, I used a craft knife to remove any remaining bits of the napkin.

Applying paint to the metal hanger: After sanding, I wiped down the hanger to eliminate any sanding residue. I then grabbed a paintbrush and applied pink acrylic paint to the metal hanger. Once the first coat of paint dried, I mixed a small amount of white paint into the pink and applied it over the painted surface before letting it dry a second time.

Adding lace hearts: Next, I decided to add heart lace to the top section of my metal hanger. I cut a piece of the lace to fit across the front and used hot glue to attach it securely.

Adding the foam block: I then inserted a foam block into the inside of the metal hanger. If your foam block is too snug, you can use a craft knife to carefully trim any excess foam for a better fit. After that, I spread some craft moss over the foam block.


Adding my decoration: To display my bicycle decoration, I attached it to a craft stick using hot glue. This allows the bicycle to be easily pressed into the foam block.


Finally, I took my faux flowers and inserted them into the foam block. And that’s it! It was a pretty easy redo project. I enjoyed this process because I love reusing my craft items and creating new themes to redecorate for different holidays or seasons. 

Let me know if you decide to create a sweet Valentine's floral display! Thank you for visiting and creating with me! I will see you soon.



Comments

  1. Love this idea...I need a new decoration for our door ( Valentine wreath is looking old ) and this is SO cute. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, thank you. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed this project. Thank you for visiting.

      Delete
  2. I love this so much. Such a simple yet beautiful creation. Thank you for sharing! #THN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristen, thank you very much. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed this craft.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Autumn Leaf Wood Riser | Using Dollar Tree Wooden Leaves

  Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to stop by. I hope all is well. Today we are creating an Autumn leaf wood riser. I purchased a pack of wooden leaves and wood square blocks from my local Dollar Tree. I wasn't sure what I was going to create with them. I found a piece of scrap wood in my garage and  I figured I would create a wood riser with a wood leaf design. This is a simple craft and is great for beginners.  Video tutorial Materials One scrap wood section -The size  of the one I am using is 7¾ x 3½ Paint -I'm using espresso for my riser and red for my wooden  leaves Four wood square pieces -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree  (These are being used for the legs on the wood riser) Wooden leaves -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree I am using 6 leaves. Depending on the size of the wood you use, you  could end up using more or less Paintbrush Hot glue Faux fall floral or leaves Floral cutters Start by taking your paint and applying it onto your scrap woo...

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

Easy Steps to Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home

Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company.  I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Watch the video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table:  -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights  - Reusing glass jars  - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations  - Small "Hello Fall" sign  - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could ...

Charming Fall Decorations Using Simple Terra Cotta Pots

These DIY craft ideas transform simple terra cotta pots into charming fall decorations. Elevate your home decor with these creative and easy-to-make projects for the autumn season. Hey everyone! I'm glad you stopped by. Today, I want to share an easy fall decoration idea with you. I'm reusing three Terra Cotta pots from a previous craft to create these decorations. You'll need just a few materials, most of which you may already have at home, to make your fall pot decorations. Video tutorial  Charming Fall Decorations Using Simple Terra Cotta Pots Materials needed: - Three pots (Terra Cotta or any type) - Fall wooden decorations (such as a fox, acorn, and a leaf)  - Artificial flowers - Assorted fall decorations (e.g., mini pumpkins) - Acrylic paint - Paintbrush - Burlap ribbon or any ribbon of your choice - Scissors  - Hot glue - Mod Podge - Decorative napkins - Foam blocks Use a paintbrush to apply acrylic paint to each pot. I painted each pot a different fall color like...

How to Create Fall Crate Décor Using Dollar Tree Items

Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well. You all know how much I love these wooden crates from Dollar Tree. I created this cute fall decor that can be added to a tiered tray or mantel. We'll use one wooden crate and a house plaque from Dollar Tree. Let's create and decorate together! Please check out my newest link party on the  Crazylittlelovebirds  blog if you haven't already. It runs from Fridays at 9:00 a.m. MST to Tuesdays at 11:00 p.m. MST.  Video tutorial Materials One wooden crate One wooden house plaque Acrylic paint Wooden letters Any Adhesive or Hot glue Foam craft blocks Faux fall floral/greenery Paintbrushes Mod Podge Decorative paper Floral cutters Scissors One pencil for tracing I have chosen to decorate with mini pumpkins, a squirrel figurine, and an unpainted leaf ornament for the fall season. Step 1: Tracing your wooden house plaque onto decorative paper Place the wooden house plaque on the decorative paper and trace its shape with a pencil. Cut out th...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you