Skip to main content

Quick and easy reminder board upgrade

 


Hi everyone! Today we're working on a simple reminder board upgrade. I purchased a reminder board at my local Dollar Tree for three dollars. I figured just by adding a few little details to my board it would make it my very own. 

Materials

One reminder board
Faux Succulents (I used two succulent flowers) 
One faux vine (Two or three strands)
Hot glue
Twine
Scissors
Decorative flower buttons
Floral snips

Video tutorial






Start by taking your vine, and attaching them to your reminder board. I decided to go with two vines. I added a little hot glue onto the back of each vine and glued it at the corner of my board. I did notice that the glue alone on the bottom was not holding up, so I decided to add a little more hot glue over the top of the vines as well.



Next, take your succulent flower, and attach it to the top section over the glued section of your vines. I also added a succulent flower to the bottom corner of my board.



Next, take your decorative flower buttons, and begin to glue them onto your board. I glued three on top and three on the bottom.





After, take your scissors, and cut a strand of twine. Flip your board over, and add glue onto the ends of your twine. Creating a loop, add one end to one side of your board, and the other to the next end. 
This step is optional, but take two wood blocks, add glue, and add it onto the back side of each block. Once you have done that step, add the block over the ends of your twine. If you want you can skip this step, and just add the magnetic strip that comes with the board kit. I wanted to add twine, so I went with this.


Your reminder board is now decorated, and complete. I love how simple this was, and I only added just a few decorations to my board, but I love how it turned out. The lower section of the board has a cork strip, and it is perfect for pinning notes, pictures, or adding photos! I hope you enjoyed this simple upgrade. I'll see you all soon.



Pin/Save/Share

Comments

  1. Cute little upgrade. Thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 123. Was going to pin but for some reason it won't pin, however your other linkups pinned fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, thank you. I'm not sure why it won't pin. I'll look into that.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Steps to Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home

Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company.  I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Watch the video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table:  -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights  - Reusing glass jars  - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations  - Small "Hello Fall" sign  - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could ...

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

Quick Upcycled Bottle Decoration

 Upcycled Bottle Decoration Hello!  I hope that you're having a beautiful day. I recently created this simple upcycled bottle decoration, and I'd love to share this simple DIY craft with you. Materials needed for this project Flowers Twine One or two bottles Hot Glue or any other heavy-duty adhesive And Scissors The cost of this project is fairly cheap. The bottles that I am using are Cold brew Starbucks bottles, but you can use any bottle of your choice.  Each bottle was around $3. The twine and flowers were picked up from my local Dollar Tree, and they were $1 each.  I had everything else on hand.  So my total cost for this project was around $8. Watch the Video Tutorial Designing your bottles Start by applying twine to the opening of your bottle. You want to completely wrap the twine around the opening (top portion of your bottle). Make sure to use your glue to secure your twine around this section. Once you have completed that you can repeat this step, apply...

Summer Craft: DIY Paper Plate Watermelon Flower Hanger

Hey everyone! I'm excited to show you a fun and easy craft. Today, we will be making a summer watermelon floral hanging design using a paper plate. This DIY project is easy to create and fun to welcome the summer season. You'll make this watermelon floral hanging design to display your artificial flowers creatively. It's also a great way to use any extra paper plates you may have lying around and aren't sure what to do with. You may have extras from a birthday party or a BBQ. If you're ready, let's get started creating your floral hanging design! Video tutorial Summer Craft: DIY Paper Plate Watermelon Flower Hanger Materials: - Paintbrush - Artificial flowers - Paper plate (any size you prefer) - String or craft twine - Scissors - Hot glue Optional-Hole Puncher Start by cutting the paper plate in half. Use a darker green paint to cover the bottom area of the plate. Let it dry between each coat of paint. Continue applying paint to each area of the plate. Then, ad...

Transforming a Dollar Tree Metal Home Sign with Paint

Hello, blogging friends! Today, I’m excited to share an easy makeover I did using a “HOME” sign from Dollar Tree. This project is simple, but the transformation feels soft, warm, and inviting—just the kind of piece that quietly brightens a space. The sign began as plain and flat, but after a few gentle coats of paint, it became something charming and full of personality. Watch the Video Tutorial Video tutorial  Materials Dollar Tree metal HOME sign (Crafter’s Square) Black FolkArt Matte Acrylic Paint Light green Craft Smart Matte Acrylic Paint Coral Craft Smart Matte Acrylic Paint Light pink paint Dark green Paintbrushes (flat and detail brushes) I started by applying a black base coat to the entire sign. Using a small, pointed-tip brush, I carefully reached all the tiny areas around the leaves and buds. I applied three coats of black paint, drying each layer with my heat tool. This step creates a clean, even surface and helps the top colors stand out beautifully. Next, I u...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you