Skip to main content

Quick and easy reminder board upgrade

 


Hi everyone! Today we're working on a simple reminder board upgrade. I purchased a reminder board at my local Dollar Tree for three dollars. I figured just by adding a few little details to my board it would make it my very own. 

Materials

One reminder board
Faux Succulents (I used two succulent flowers) 
One faux vine (Two or three strands)
Hot glue
Twine
Scissors
Decorative flower buttons
Floral snips

Video tutorial






Start by taking your vine, and attaching them to your reminder board. I decided to go with two vines. I added a little hot glue onto the back of each vine and glued it at the corner of my board. I did notice that the glue alone on the bottom was not holding up, so I decided to add a little more hot glue over the top of the vines as well.



Next, take your succulent flower, and attach it to the top section over the glued section of your vines. I also added a succulent flower to the bottom corner of my board.



Next, take your decorative flower buttons, and begin to glue them onto your board. I glued three on top and three on the bottom.





After, take your scissors, and cut a strand of twine. Flip your board over, and add glue onto the ends of your twine. Creating a loop, add one end to one side of your board, and the other to the next end. 
This step is optional, but take two wood blocks, add glue, and add it onto the back side of each block. Once you have done that step, add the block over the ends of your twine. If you want you can skip this step, and just add the magnetic strip that comes with the board kit. I wanted to add twine, so I went with this.


Your reminder board is now decorated, and complete. I love how simple this was, and I only added just a few decorations to my board, but I love how it turned out. The lower section of the board has a cork strip, and it is perfect for pinning notes, pictures, or adding photos! I hope you enjoyed this simple upgrade. I'll see you all soon.



Pin/Save/Share

Comments

  1. Cute little upgrade. Thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 123. Was going to pin but for some reason it won't pin, however your other linkups pinned fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, thank you. I'm not sure why it won't pin. I'll look into that.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

Easy Steps to Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home

Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company.  I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Watch the video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table:  -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights  - Reusing glass jars  - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations  - Small "Hello Fall" sign  - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could ...

DIY Ghost Frame (Easy Dollar Tree Halloween Craft)

  Hi everyone! Halloween crafts don’t have to be spooky or complicated, and this little ghost frame is the perfect example. I put it together with a Dollar Tree frame, a few wooden ghosts, some gem buttons, and craft paper I already had in my stash. It’s quick, budget‑friendly, and adds the cutest touch of Halloween charm to any shelf or vignette. I love projects like this because they’re simple and relaxing, and you can customize them however you want. Different colors, different ghosts, different backgrounds — it all works. If you’re looking for a fast Halloween craft that still feels handmade and sweet, this one is definitely worth trying. Watch this video tutorial Materials I used for this project Dollar Tree frame Wooden ghost cutouts Craft paper (any color or pattern you like) Gem buttons or small embellishments Glue (hot glue or craft glue) Scissors Optional: stickers, paint, or extra accents Take the frame apart I started by removing the back of the frame, taking out both ...

Three Easy Candle Jar Ideas for Cozy Porch Décor

I've always thought there was something so comforting about soft candlelight, especially when it’s paired with a few simple faux florals and greenery. Today, I’m sharing a sweet little project in which I decorated a glass jar in three different ways. Each jar has its own personality, glow, and gentle charm. These pieces are perfect for porch décor, but they work beautifully anywhere you want to add a touch of warmth. I love projects like this—simple materials, quiet moments, and a finished piece that feels peaceful and handmade. Watch the Video Tutorial Materials I Used Clear glass jar Battery‑operated candle Faux string of pearls Faux succulents Faux vine Bright pink faux flowers (tops removed from stems) Yellow faux flowers Faux foliage Optional: woven mat or tray for display Jar 1: Succulents & String of Pearls For the first jar, I wanted something earthy and calming. I placed a faux string of pearls inside the jar and let it settle naturally. Around it, I tucked in a few fa...

How to Make Easy Beaded Wine Glass Charms

 I love creating small, simple crafts that add a personal touch to gatherings, and these wine glass charms were such a fun project. They’re easy to make, customizable, and perfect for parties, holidays, or even a cozy night in with friends. Each charm slips right onto the stem of a wine glass, making it easy for everyone to keep track of their drink. These charms come together quickly using beads, wire rings, and small metal pendants. You can mix and match colors and charms to fit any theme, and each one turns out a little different — which is part of the fun. Watch the video tutorial Materials Here’s what I used to make my wine glass charms: Wire rings Beads Small metal charms Jewelry pliers If your wire rings need trimming, use wire cutters—mine didn’t, so I didn’t need them for this project.  Choose your beads and charms Pick out the colors and shapes you want to use. I chose soft pinks, purples, and clear beads, along with heart, spiral, and flower charms. Each charm desig...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you