Skip to main content

Create A 4th Of July Hanging Decoration

 


I decided to create my first 4th of July craft for this year, and I am super excited to share it with you all. This craft is pretty simple, and my main items are from Dollar Tree. We're using a canvas frame for this craft, and a metal star. These two items can be purchased at Dollar Tree. 

Video tutorial






Materials

One small canvas (We are only using the frame)
One metal star
Wooden letters
Decorative napkin
Red, white, and blue gems
floral
Hot glue
floral snips
Scissors



Start by taking your metal star, and tracing it out onto your napkin. Be sure to remove the second layer of your napkin if your napkin is 2-ply. Once you have traced out the star shape onto your napkin, take your scissors, and cut out your shape. Set your traced shape aside.




Next, take some paint, and apply it to the inner section of your metal star. Allow the paint to dry between each coat. I applied around three coats of paint. 


Next, using your paintbrush, apply a thin layer of mod podge onto the inner section of your metal star. Take your cut-out shape, and place it over the mod podge. Gently press it down, and smooth it out. It is okay if there are a few wrinkles left. I used my blow dryer to help smooth it out. Now you are ready to apply your mod podge on top of your napkin. Take a thin layer, and apply it to the top surface of your napkin. Repeat the previous step.




Now you are ready to apply your paint around the outer sections of your metal star. For this, I used red, white, and blue paint. I went around each section of my metal star and applied each color around the flat surface of my star.





 Before applying paint, remove your canvas. This will expose your frame. You are now ready to apply paint to your canvas frame. Apply your paint onto the front, sides, and inner sections of your canvas.


Next, using your hot glue, attach your metal star to your frame.




Next, using your hot glue, take your wooden letters, and add them onto the side of your frame. After you have done this, take your gems, and add them to the top section, and bottom sections of your frame.


All that is left is to take your floral snips, and cut a strand or two of your floral. Using your hot glue apply a small amount, and add your floral onto your frame. This is optional, but I love how it turned out. 


Your 4th of July hanging decoration is now complete. I love how this turned out, and you can find all of these materials at your Dollar Tree, or any craft store. I'd love to hear if you decide to create your very own. Be sure to let me know in the comments, or just stop by, and say hi! I'll see you soon. 

Pin/Share/Save



Comments

  1. You're so creative! Thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 115. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Steps to Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home

Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company.  I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Watch the video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table:  -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights  - Reusing glass jars  - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations  - Small "Hello Fall" sign  - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could ...

Easy Autumn Leaf Wood Riser | Using Dollar Tree Wooden Leaves

  Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to stop by. I hope all is well. Today we are creating an Autumn leaf wood riser. I purchased a pack of wooden leaves and wood square blocks from my local Dollar Tree. I wasn't sure what I was going to create with them. I found a piece of scrap wood in my garage and  I figured I would create a wood riser with a wood leaf design. This is a simple craft and is great for beginners.  Video tutorial Materials One scrap wood section -The size  of the one I am using is 7¾ x 3½ Paint -I'm using espresso for my riser and red for my wooden  leaves Four wood square pieces -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree  (These are being used for the legs on the wood riser) Wooden leaves -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree I am using 6 leaves. Depending on the size of the wood you use, you  could end up using more or less Paintbrush Hot glue Faux fall floral or leaves Floral cutters Start by taking your paint and applying it onto your scrap woo...

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

Charming Fall Decorations Using Simple Terra Cotta Pots

These DIY craft ideas transform simple terra cotta pots into charming fall decorations. Elevate your home decor with these creative and easy-to-make projects for the autumn season. Hey everyone! I'm glad you stopped by. Today, I want to share an easy fall decoration idea with you. I'm reusing three Terra Cotta pots from a previous craft to create these decorations. You'll need just a few materials, most of which you may already have at home, to make your fall pot decorations. Video tutorial  Charming Fall Decorations Using Simple Terra Cotta Pots Materials needed: - Three pots (Terra Cotta or any type) - Fall wooden decorations (such as a fox, acorn, and a leaf)  - Artificial flowers - Assorted fall decorations (e.g., mini pumpkins) - Acrylic paint - Paintbrush - Burlap ribbon or any ribbon of your choice - Scissors  - Hot glue - Mod Podge - Decorative napkins - Foam blocks Use a paintbrush to apply acrylic paint to each pot. I painted each pot a different fall color like...

How to Create Fall Crate Décor Using Dollar Tree Items

Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well. You all know how much I love these wooden crates from Dollar Tree. I created this cute fall decor that can be added to a tiered tray or mantel. We'll use one wooden crate and a house plaque from Dollar Tree. Let's create and decorate together! Please check out my newest link party on the  Crazylittlelovebirds  blog if you haven't already. It runs from Fridays at 9:00 a.m. MST to Tuesdays at 11:00 p.m. MST.  Video tutorial Materials One wooden crate One wooden house plaque Acrylic paint Wooden letters Any Adhesive or Hot glue Foam craft blocks Faux fall floral/greenery Paintbrushes Mod Podge Decorative paper Floral cutters Scissors One pencil for tracing I have chosen to decorate with mini pumpkins, a squirrel figurine, and an unpainted leaf ornament for the fall season. Step 1: Tracing your wooden house plaque onto decorative paper Place the wooden house plaque on the decorative paper and trace its shape with a pencil. Cut out th...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you