Skip to main content

Create a floral display using one Dollar Tree metal tabletop decoration

Create a stunning floral display using just one Dollar Tree metal tabletop decoration. This budget-friendly project will add a touch of charm and elegance to any space. Get inspired and start crafting your beautiful centerpiece today. Today will take you through an easy tutorial showing you each step of creating a metal tabletop decoration. As always I will provide you will a materials list and there will also be a video tutorial included in the post if you are interested in checking that out. Thank you for visiting and creating with me.

Metal tabletop decoration displaying floral and leaf design


Video tutorial 

Materials such as napkins, faux floral, metal decor, and acrylic paint


Materials needed

One metal tabletop decoration- Dollar Tree
Napkins- Any design will do, and you will only need one
Faux floral- Michaels 
Hot glue
Scissors
Paint- I'm using white chalk paint
Paintbrush
Twine
Mod Podge
One pencil for tracing

Decorative napkin and scissors

Begin by taking your decorative napkin, and placing it on top of your metal decoration.

 Using a pencil trace an outline around your napkin. Once you have traced the shape of your metal decoration onto your napkin, take your scissors, and cut out the shape.

Next, if your napkin is two-ply, remove the bottom layer of your napkin. Set your napkin aside.

Acrylic paint, metal decor, and paintbrush

metal decor painted white near a paintbrush

Take your metal tabletop decoration, and apply around two coats of paint. I decided to use white chalk paint because applying chalk paint to metal surfaces seems to adhere much better, and it takes fewer coats of paint. Allow the paint to dry between coats. I used my heat gun to help with drying. 

Painted metal decor near Mod Podge bottle

Now you are ready to apply your mod podge over the painted surface on your metal decoration.  Using a paintbrush, apply a thin layer of your Mod Podge.

Decorative metal decor with leaf design near paintbrush

After you have applied your Mod Podge, take your napkin and apply it over the Mod Podge. Be sure after you apply it on top of your Mod Podge you smooth out any lines and wrinkles. It is fine if you are not able to completely smooth them out. I used my heat gun to help with drying. 

Now you can apply your Mod Podge on top of your napkin. And after applying it, give it some time to fully dry. You can also use a heat gun, or blow dryer to help with drying. 

Faux greenery near floral cutters

Next, take your floral snips, and begin to cut your floral. You can go at any length. You just want to be able to make it look as though your flowers are overflowing from the top of your decoration. 

Floral near metal decoration and hot glue

Hand placing greenery onto painted metal decor

Once you have cut your floral, use some hot glue to attach your floral to the top side of the metal decoration. 

twine being placed around top section of metal decor

Twine wrapped around top section of metal decor with floral and decorative design

Begin to wrap your twine around the top section of your metal decoration. You want to be sure to cover any of the flower stems with your twine. Wrap your twine around several times, until it has covered the stems of your flowers. Once you have wrapped your twine around the top section, cut any remaining twine off, and glue down the end of your twine.

This last step is optional, but if you choose you can apply some paint to the bottom wood stand. I applied some of my white chalk paint, and I think it turned out wonderful. 

Your floral display is now complete. I love how simple this craft was, and it looks beautiful displayed in any room. Let me know if you decide to create your very own. Thanks so much for stopping by. I'll see you soon! 

 metal tabletop decor displayed on windowsill with floral and decorative leaf design


metal tabletop decoration being displayed on a table near two candle pillars

Pin/Save/Share

Pinterest pin displaying metal tabletop decoration


Comments

  1. This is such a cute, springtime piece to add to any vignette or table-scape. And it looks fariry easy to make. Thanks for providing the instructions.
    Carol
    www.scribblingboomer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, thank you so much, and you're very welcome. I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed this craft. Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Oh, WOW! You really transformed that metal!! That is so pretty! Thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 101. Shared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, thank you! I was actually surprised at this transformation. I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out with the mod podge, but I was pretty happy with the end result. Thanks so much for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Stephanie, CONGRATS! Your post is FEATURED at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 102!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, thank you so much! I will be by for a visit.

      Delete
  4. What an adorable idea and so simple too. I appreciate those simple crafts! I am visiting from Grammy's Grid, thank you for sharing your inspiration with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much. Yes, I love how simple this was to create. I also appreciate simple crafts. Thanks so much for stopping by. It is appreciated. :)

      Delete
  5. This is so cute Stephanie! I love Dollar Tree crafts, easy on the purse strings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just the cutest plant-themed shelf sitter in the land! You're totally all ready for spring approaching! Love how the plant on top gives it a neat 3D effect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'm glad that you enjoyed it. 😊

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

How I Styled Six Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

Fall Fox Garland: Easy and Affordable DIY Decor with Dollar Tree Items

Create a beautiful fall-themed fox garland using affordable Dollar Tree items. This easy and inexpensive DIY decor project will add a touch of seasonal charm to your home. Follow our step-by-step guide to make your own fall fox garland today. Hello everyone! I'm excited to share an effortless garland design with you all. Our project today involves creating a garland using fox ornaments purchased from Dollar Tree. We will also incorporate wooden mini-leaf embellishments and faux floral to add a wonderful touch. You can find a complete list of materials below. Video tutorial Creating your fall fox garland Materials  Mod Podge Paintbrush Acrylic paint Mini wood leaf embellishments Fox ornaments  Decorative napkin I'm also using a mini-craft iron  Parchment paper Hot glue Craft knife Sandpaper Adding the decorative napkin to the wooden foxes using Mod Podge To prepare the wooden fox for decorating, start by removing the bottom layer of the napkin. If you have a mini craft iro...

Three Easy Candle Jar Ideas for Cozy Porch Décor

I've always thought there was something so comforting about soft candlelight, especially when it’s paired with a few simple faux florals and greenery. Today, I’m sharing a sweet little project in which I decorated a glass jar in three different ways. Each jar has its own personality, glow, and gentle charm. These pieces are perfect for porch décor, but they work beautifully anywhere you want to add a touch of warmth. I love projects like this—simple materials, quiet moments, and a finished piece that feels peaceful and handmade. Watch the Video Tutorial Materials I Used Clear glass jar Battery‑operated candle Faux string of pearls Faux succulents Faux vine Bright pink faux flowers (tops removed from stems) Yellow faux flowers Faux foliage Optional: woven mat or tray for display Jar 1: Succulents & String of Pearls For the first jar, I wanted something earthy and calming. I placed a faux string of pearls inside the jar and let it settle naturally. Around it, I tucked in a few fa...

DIY Magnetic Faux Succulent & Floral Lids — Upcycled Fridge Accent

I created these magnetic faux succulent and floral lids using some metal jar tops that I had saved. With a little creativity, they transformed into charming, lightweight accents that add a pop of color and personality to the fridge. Each lid features its own tiny arrangement—part succulent and part floral—all crafted with intention and charm. This project is easy and budget-friendly, allowing you to use items you already have while adding a lovely touch to your home. Watch the Video Tutorial Quick Video Tutorial Materials Metal jar lids (one large, one small) Letter beads (to spell LOVE ) Faux moss Faux succulents Faux vines Faux flowers (pink, green foliage, white accents) Hot glue gun and glue sticks Magnets I began with the larger metal lid, attaching small letter beads to spell out LOVE . This created a meaningful little focal point and set the tone for the rest of the design. Next, I glued a layer of faux moss along the bottom of the lid. The moss added softness and h...

How I Refreshed an Old Garden Statue with Paint (Easy Patio DIY)

This charming toad perched on his toadstool has been a beloved part of our patio for years, enduring the passage of time while gradually succumbing to the effects of sun and weather. With each season, he has faded a little more, losing some of his vibrant colors and details. Rather than allowing him to blend into the background and become just another forgotten decoration, I decided it was time to breathe new life into him.  Watch the Video Tutorial I shared the whole process in a quick YouTube Shorts video called “Watch Me Refresh This Old Garden Statue.” It’s a simple before‑and‑after, but such a satisfying one.  Materials I Used Garden statue (mine is a toad on a toadstool) Sandpaper Acrylic paints Small detail brushes Mod Podge (for sealing and protection) Sanding and Painting I began by gently sanding the statue to smooth out the chipped and faded paint. It only takes a few minutes, but it makes such a difference. Once the surface felt ready, I brought out my a...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you