Skip to main content

Fun Halloween Canvas Art With Mini Lights

Hi guys! Today we’re getting into the Halloween spirit with a fun and kid‑friendly canvas art project using mini lights. This is such a cute way to make spooky‑but‑sweet decorations for the season, and it only takes a few easy steps. If you love simple crafts that bring a festive glow to your home, this little Halloween canvas is a great one to try.

So grab your supplies, get creative, and let’s make a light‑up Halloween decoration together

Two canvas art decorations painted purple with hallow decorations and LED lights

Video tutorial

Hey there!  Since Halloween is just around the corner, I thought it would be fun to create some canvas art together. My girls love painting and expressing their creativity, so I think they'll enjoy this. This craft is great for parents to work on with their children, or you can make it on your own. 

You won't need many materials for this project. Just make sure to supervise your children when using scissors and adhesive. And if you're using hot glue, be sure to handle it yourself since it can get very hot.

Materials such as, canvas, craft branches, paint, sponge brush, and halloween decor


Materials needed for your canvas Halloween art

  • Glitter Branches -Purchased at Michaels: We are using orange and purple for this craft
  • Paint-You can use any color
  • Mini LED wire lights-We are using orange and green lights
  • Any Halloween Decorations-We used a witch hat, a glitter black cat, a wooden pumpkin, and a wooden cat/All of our decorations came from our local Michaels store
  • A pack of craft googly eyes
  • Two canvases- I was able to find a 2-pack that was discounted. Purchased at Michaels 
  • You will need: sponge brushes, paint brushes, and adhesive- you can use any adhesive.
  • Optional hot glue 

As mentioned above (If you do use hot glue for this project, and children are present during this craft, parents, be sure that you are the one using the hot glue since it can be very hot)


Applying paint to canvas

Start by painting your canvas using two colors. Try combining them to create new shades. For example, my oldest used a mix of blue and pink, while my youngest used blue and purple.

Canvas being painted purple

To start, apply paint to the front, top, bottom, and sides of your canvas. Once you're done painting, set it aside and let it dry completely. While your canvas is drying, you can paint any decorations that need it and wait for them to dry as well.

Craft pumpkin and cat being painted

Attaching decorations to canvas

Once everything is dry, you can start gluing on your decorations. Take some adhesive and glue them onto your canvas. For this, you can use any all-purpose craft adhesive. 

Using some scissors, clip your glitter branches to the size that you want on your canvas. Get creative with your branches, and add them onto your canvas. 

Hand showing craft branches being cut with scissors. Canvas art on table with decorations

Next, take your googly eyes and add them to your canvas. 

Hand adding craft googly eyes to painted canvas

Attaching LED wire lights and branches

Now that we have prepared our LED wire lights, it's time to add them to our canvas. You can use a small amount of hot glue to secure the lights in place, but please exercise caution if you're working around children.

Be creative with your light placement, weaving them around the branches and other decorations on your canvas. Your Halloween canvas art is now complete! You can display it in any room of your choice. We're thrilled with how it turned out, and my girls love turning on the LED lights in their room. We hope you've enjoyed creating this fun and hands-on craft.

Completed craft showing painted canvas with craft googly eyes, black cat, branches and LED lights

Completed canvas art with LED lights, craft googly eyes, branches and glittery black cat decoration

Collage showing canvas art displayed with lights on

Pin/Save/Share

Pinterest pin showing Halloween canvas art with text


Comments

  1. Those are so cool and creative! ❤ I would love to "attempt" (LOL) to do something as cool with my nieces. I'll give it a try and let you know how it things turn out. Thank you for sharing, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tai, I would love to know how it turns out if you do go through with creating them with your nieces. I am sure you will all have so much fun with it. :) Thanks so much for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Ok, you already know what I'm going to say, right? Love the artwork first of all but the fact that these light up makes them even better!! Thanks so much for linking up at #AThemedLinkup 168 for All Things Halloween. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee, yes I knew that you would love those lights! --haha. Thank you so much for visiting and pinning. :)

      Delete
  3. CONGRATS Stephanie! Your post is FEATURED at #AThemedLinkup 169 for Denim, Burlap, or Lace Crafts and Décor from the previous linkup for All Things Halloween.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

Three Easy Candle Jar Ideas for Cozy Porch Décor

I've always thought there was something so comforting about soft candlelight, especially when it’s paired with a few simple faux florals and greenery. Today, I’m sharing a sweet little project in which I decorated a glass jar in three different ways. Each jar has its own personality, glow, and gentle charm. These pieces are perfect for porch décor, but they work beautifully anywhere you want to add a touch of warmth. I love projects like this—simple materials, quiet moments, and a finished piece that feels peaceful and handmade. Watch the Video Tutorial Materials I Used Clear glass jar Battery‑operated candle Faux string of pearls Faux succulents Faux vine Bright pink faux flowers (tops removed from stems) Yellow faux flowers Faux foliage Optional: woven mat or tray for display Jar 1: Succulents & String of Pearls For the first jar, I wanted something earthy and calming. I placed a faux string of pearls inside the jar and let it settle naturally. Around it, I tucked in a few fa...

Fall Fox Garland: Easy and Affordable DIY Decor with Dollar Tree Items

Create a beautiful fall-themed fox garland using affordable Dollar Tree items. This easy and inexpensive DIY decor project will add a touch of seasonal charm to your home. Follow our step-by-step guide to make your own fall fox garland today. Hello everyone! I'm excited to share an effortless garland design with you all. Our project today involves creating a garland using fox ornaments purchased from Dollar Tree. We will also incorporate wooden mini-leaf embellishments and faux floral to add a wonderful touch. You can find a complete list of materials below. Video tutorial Creating your fall fox garland Materials  Mod Podge Paintbrush Acrylic paint Mini wood leaf embellishments Fox ornaments  Decorative napkin I'm also using a mini-craft iron  Parchment paper Hot glue Craft knife Sandpaper Adding the decorative napkin to the wooden foxes using Mod Podge To prepare the wooden fox for decorating, start by removing the bottom layer of the napkin. If you have a mini craft iro...

How I Refreshed an Old Garden Statue with Paint (Easy Patio DIY)

This charming toad perched on his toadstool has been a beloved part of our patio for years, enduring the passage of time while gradually succumbing to the effects of sun and weather. With each season, he has faded a little more, losing some of his vibrant colors and details. Rather than allowing him to blend into the background and become just another forgotten decoration, I decided it was time to breathe new life into him.  Watch the Video Tutorial I shared the whole process in a quick YouTube Shorts video called “Watch Me Refresh This Old Garden Statue.” It’s a simple before‑and‑after, but such a satisfying one.  Materials I Used Garden statue (mine is a toad on a toadstool) Sandpaper Acrylic paints Small detail brushes Mod Podge (for sealing and protection) Sanding and Painting I began by gently sanding the statue to smooth out the chipped and faded paint. It only takes a few minutes, but it makes such a difference. Once the surface felt ready, I brought out my a...

DIY Ghost Frame (Easy Dollar Tree Halloween Craft)

  Hi everyone! Halloween crafts don’t have to be spooky or complicated, and this little ghost frame is the perfect example. I put it together with a Dollar Tree frame, a few wooden ghosts, some gem buttons, and craft paper I already had in my stash. It’s quick, budget‑friendly, and adds the cutest touch of Halloween charm to any shelf or vignette. I love projects like this because they’re simple and relaxing, and you can customize them however you want. Different colors, different ghosts, different backgrounds — it all works. If you’re looking for a fast Halloween craft that still feels handmade and sweet, this one is definitely worth trying. Watch this video tutorial Materials I used for this project Dollar Tree frame Wooden ghost cutouts Craft paper (any color or pattern you like) Gem buttons or small embellishments Glue (hot glue or craft glue) Scissors Optional: stickers, paint, or extra accents Take the frame apart I started by removing the back of the frame, taking out both ...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you