Skip to main content

Mini Wood Ladders With Holiday Decorations

 Hello everyone, I hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving surrounded by loved ones, and just a time to really focus on what you are most thankful for. I am extremely thankful for my family, and our health.  I am also so very thankful to be able to share my DIY projects with all of you. I really enjoy sharing, and I appreciate all of you.

I recently decided to create two mini ladders. This came to mind when I was going through my craft supplies, and came across a few of my holiday decorations that were stashed away from previous crafts. I figured I would come up with something fun, and this would give me a chance to add more decorations to our home.

 This craft takes about an hour to create. Between the painting, a few cuts are made, and attaching the dowels together. 

If you're ready to start creating, come along, and create these two mini wood ladders with me. 


 Mini Wood Ladders With Holiday Decorations Video tutorial


















Materials list

White paint

English Ivy Green- 0.50 (Purchased at Walmart)

Wood Dowels (Pack of 10) $1.97 (Purchased at Walmart)

Hot Glue (Or you can use Wood glue or a heavy-duty adhesive) 

Paintbrush

Holiday greenery/ Decorations/ Berries/ Mini wreath

Twine

Ribbon Trim/Rope- $3.44 (Walmart)

I used one ornament word tag ( 1 set for $1.98 at Walmart)

Craft jingle bells

Mini Ornaments ($3.98 at Walmart)

Craft clothespins 

Scissors


Creating your mini wood ladders


Start with taking three dowels and cutting them in half. You will end up with six halves.  You will need a total of four dowels which will be the sides of your ladders. You will not need to cut the four dowels. 

Next, take your paint and apply it to all dowel rods. For this project I wanted one of my ladders to be white, and the other wanted a green color. I went with a color called English Ivy Green.  You can go with any paint color of your choice. 

Once you have applied paint to all dowel rods, set them aside and allow them to completely dry.  Once all wood dowel rods are dry, you are now ready to start putting your ladders together. 




I did notice that using just hot glue for this project was definitely not the best choice. I ended up applying a second adhesive with my hot glue. This really seemed to help and made everything secure. Keep in mind that you can also use wood glue for this project. You will want to allow the glue to completely dry before adding on any decorations.

Take the three of the cut dowel rods, and add them between the two longer dowels. Once you have positioned the three rods and spaced them exactly where you want them to be, you can now apply your adhesive. 

When applying your adhesive apply it to the ends of your cut pieces, and glue the rod between the two long rods. You will repeat this for the next two pieces. Once you have done this, you will have completed putting together your ladder. 


When creating your second ladder, you will repeat all of the steps mentioned above. 


Decorating the white ladder



I wanted to create a holiday theme. So I went with a few holiday decorations.  Using some twine, take your bells, and string them across. I decided to tie the ends of my twine around the top section of my white ladder.  I wanted to be able to easily remove any of my holiday decorations if I decided to change the theme of my ladders. 


Take your cut rope, and ornament word tag, apply a small amount of glue on the back side of the tag, and add it to your rope. Tie the ends of your rope onto your ladder. This will be just like the bells. They will loop across your ladder. 

Next, take your greenery, berries, and twine, and add them to the bottom section of your ladder. I went ahead the tied some twine around my greenery and berries, and then I tied them around the bottom section of my ladder. 

Decorating the green ladder

Start by gluing some craft clothespins on the top section of your ladder. 

Next, take some twine, and string some mini ornaments across your twine. I added the ends of the twine on each clothespin and looped it across the top section of my ladder.


Take your mini wreath and add on berries and some greenery. I ended up gluing my berries, and greenery on my mini wreath.  I just hung it over the top section of my ladder.

Add some greenery, and twine with other assorted decorations and tie it off on the bottom of your ladder. I used greenery with some pinecones attached to it. 

Your ladders are now complete, and ready to be added to your holiday decor. I decided to add my green ladder near my fireplace, and my white ladder was added in my kitchen on one of my wood trays. I love how they turned out, and it was so simple to create. I hope that you enjoyed this DIY project. Let me know in the comments below if you'll be creating your very own. 

I'll see you soon! 



Pin/Save/Share



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Autumn Leaf Wood Riser | Using Dollar Tree Wooden Leaves

  Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to stop by. I hope all is well. Today we are creating an Autumn leaf wood riser. I purchased a pack of wooden leaves and wood square blocks from my local Dollar Tree. I wasn't sure what I was going to create with them. I found a piece of scrap wood in my garage and  I figured I would create a wood riser with a wood leaf design. This is a simple craft and is great for beginners.  Video tutorial Materials One scrap wood section -The size  of the one I am using is 7¾ x 3½ Paint -I'm using espresso for my riser and red for my wooden  leaves Four wood square pieces -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree  (These are being used for the legs on the wood riser) Wooden leaves -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree I am using 6 leaves. Depending on the size of the wood you use, you  could end up using more or less Paintbrush Hot glue Faux fall floral or leaves Floral cutters Start by taking your paint and applying it onto your scrap woo...

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

Charming Fall Decorations Using Simple Terra Cotta Pots

These DIY craft ideas transform simple terra cotta pots into charming fall decorations. Elevate your home decor with these creative and easy-to-make projects for the autumn season. Hey everyone! I'm glad you stopped by. Today, I want to share an easy fall decoration idea with you. I'm reusing three Terra Cotta pots from a previous craft to create these decorations. You'll need just a few materials, most of which you may already have at home, to make your fall pot decorations. Video tutorial  Charming Fall Decorations Using Simple Terra Cotta Pots Materials needed: - Three pots (Terra Cotta or any type) - Fall wooden decorations (such as a fox, acorn, and a leaf)  - Artificial flowers - Assorted fall decorations (e.g., mini pumpkins) - Acrylic paint - Paintbrush - Burlap ribbon or any ribbon of your choice - Scissors  - Hot glue - Mod Podge - Decorative napkins - Foam blocks Use a paintbrush to apply acrylic paint to each pot. I painted each pot a different fall color like...

How to Create Fall Crate Décor Using Dollar Tree Items

Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well. You all know how much I love these wooden crates from Dollar Tree. I created this cute fall decor that can be added to a tiered tray or mantel. We'll use one wooden crate and a house plaque from Dollar Tree. Let's create and decorate together! Please check out my newest link party on the  Crazylittlelovebirds  blog if you haven't already. It runs from Fridays at 9:00 a.m. MST to Tuesdays at 11:00 p.m. MST.  Video tutorial Materials One wooden crate One wooden house plaque Acrylic paint Wooden letters Any Adhesive or Hot glue Foam craft blocks Faux fall floral/greenery Paintbrushes Mod Podge Decorative paper Floral cutters Scissors One pencil for tracing I have chosen to decorate with mini pumpkins, a squirrel figurine, and an unpainted leaf ornament for the fall season. Step 1: Tracing your wooden house plaque onto decorative paper Place the wooden house plaque on the decorative paper and trace its shape with a pencil. Cut out th...

Mini Picket Fence Hanging Decoration

Add a charming touch to your spring décor with this DIY mini picket fence hanging decoration. Learn how to create this cute and easy project to brighten up any space. Today I am sharing a simple craft that anyone can do. This craft is simple, and it doesn't take many materials. I'd love it if you joined me in creating this craft!  Mini Picket Fence Hanging Decoration  Video tutorial Materials Needed One wooden fence decoration- purchased at Dollar Tree Mod Podge One decorative napkin-purchased one pack at Dollar Tree Paint- I'm using chalk paint.-White and Misty pink One mini watering can decoration-I found this in the gardening section at Dollar Tree One paint brush Floral Hot glue  Scissors One pencil for tracing Floral snips Optional- butterfly sticker Step 1: Adding paint to the mini fence Start off by, applying a layer of white chalk paint onto your picket fence. You can also apply the white chalk paint to the spaces between the pickets using a smaller paintbrush. Se...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you